Newbies in need - Day 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 16

Hi Everyone: Hope your weekend is going well. Sunday is always difficult for me when I don't have any planned activities. I'll probably do something w/my husband & dog, even if it's just a nice walk in the park. I love Star's suggestion of treating each day like it's our first AF. I do feel the committment of turning my life over to being AF. Drinking only caused me awful shame especially in the final 2 years...why would I want to go back to that? Have a great day everyone. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Newbies in need - Day 16

Good Morning Mary! Sounds like you have a good plan for the day. I think it is great that you have decided being af is for you. It is still an adjustment - getting used to the idea of permanent af I mean. I still try to think about just the day that I'm in.
    'Do I want to drink today? No, I don't think I will today.'
    I still go thru the thought process of what that would feel like if I did drink and I carry it thru to the next morning - that's the part that gets me every time.
    When I think about finishing that bottle of wine and going to sleep (passing out) and then waking up with a headache the next morning...my conclusion is always - ok, no drinking for me today.
    I've always liked more than one glass of wine so considering that I would drink one glass doesn't make sense. When I think about that I think - why mess up this af thing I have going on for one glass? Plus I run the risk of getting back to a bottle a day.
    Anyway...that's how my thought process generally goes and it has kept me af for awhile now.
    I'm so happy for you Mary- you are doing great and it seems to me you are coming to a different state with this right now. Seems you have turned a corner? I'm happy for you and wish you continued success and happiness.
    Lisa

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 16

Hi everyone

Well its Day 16 for me and delighted to be going into the second half of my 30 days. Got through the dreaded wedding and actually had a wonderful day. Am very tired today as did not get to bed until 2.30 a.m. and danced the feet off myself!!!

I really prepared myself yesterday morning. I listened to 30 minute hypnosis tape, 60 min sublimal, took my all one and supplements and spent 30 minutes in the hotel gym on the stairmaster!! All that before I had my shower and went to the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony, the weather stayed fine and as we were staying in the hotel, we went up to the rooms before the meal. This meant no hanging around in the bar. I accepted the champagne when it was going around and just raised the glass for the toasts, nobody even noticed that I was not drinking it. The music was very lively so a lot of time was spent on the dance floor and I just had water in between.

Am tired today but no hangover and I can now look forward to completing the end of the 30 days. That drink tracker with its row of 0's really kept me motivated!! Hope everyone is having a good week-end. Am taking it easy since we came back, just reading the Sunday papers and intend to get a Thai take away for dinner.

Rustop

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 16

Hi Mary,lisa, rustop and all to come.
        Well, am 7 wks. AF today and just beginning to feel more comfortable with it.......I no longer feel deprived.........I now see it as making an informed choice not to drink.........I am finally taking control. I can still recall the exhilirating taste of wine in my head,much similar to how I can still recall same wine`s aftermath........that aftermath is what ensures my continued sobriety.

Lisa.........I second what you say, in that if I were to have one glass, I`m sure I`d be back on a nightly btl. within no time at all.

Rustop, I`m full of admiration for you for having made it to your Day 16.........a mark of total commitment to your new life was accepting the toast you pretended to sip.......what a great feat!!

Have a super day, my friends.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
        X