I WANT TO THANK YOU.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

I would like to thank everyone for there kind words and heartfelt concern. Today is my first full day AF. I now its early but I dumped out the booze last night. I will be ok today on the drinking end. Now if I can just stop crying so I can get some work done. Iam so ashamed of myself. Words cannot decribe how low and hurt I feel. Iam scared. worried. I never thought I would be a problem drinker that has destroyed his life hurt the people he loves the most. I will try to answer your posts they mean so much to me. ECHOME

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

Hi ECHOME,
    Well, you`ve made your decision and that`s great........your freedom from alcohol all starts with your first AF day. What has just happened with your wife has taken you to the pits of despair.........it took most of us to reach that stage to find the courage to quit.

Giving up the booze will allow you to be the good husband and father you know you really are........get yourself sober and prove to your wife that you`re still the man she married.
    You need to prove you can stay off the drink to have any hope of saving your marriage.

I wish you well,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

You should feel very proud of yourself for dumping out the alcohol. It will be tough, but being AF is so worth it... for yourself and your family. Keep going.

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

Thank you. Can someone tell me if this means Iam an alchoholic?

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

I posted a response in your last thread about what defines an alcoholic. Basically if your life is being affected by alcohol, then more than likely you are. Going to jail and having your family leave is a pretty good indicator there is a problem.

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

Echome, Well Done for taking such a positive step, keep reading and posting here when you feel tempted to drink ...
            sigpicXXX

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

Echome - I was soooh worried about that label - still am. But as far as I'm concerned, as long as I do the thing that's needed to get my life back on track and I can face the girl in the mirror (which I truly can now) and I am being steered through life by integrity instead of booze I don't need to call myself anything I don't want to.

I think folk need to be very careful about using that label...some are happy with it but to some it can be too much and set it all off again....

I just call you courageous and brave. Someone who's 'cocked up' like we all have but who is a man with honourable intentions who's come to do all he can to be all he can be. To live a different life now.You decide on your 'label' if and when you want.

A label without work is worthless. Work and no label is worth the world.

Love and courage my friend!
              FMF xx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

Thank you FMF. I will take your advice. I dont do well with labels. Iam an abusive husband with a drinking problem. And possible felon depending on what happens in court. I think that is bad enough. But I can stop drinking and treat my wife with love, respect, dignity and treat her like the love of my life that she is. I want to be known as a loving caring honest husband and father. ECOME

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

Well, GO FOR IT! Good on you Echome. FMF x
                  :heart: c: :heart:
                  "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

ECHOME... I am glad you dumped out the booze.. You may feel some real sad feelings over the next few days, so stay close and know that drinking is never the answer to fixing problems that were caused by drinking... Just stay close and make your goal every morning to not drink and to log on here.. We have all had problems associated with drinking, that is why we are here. The people around us during our drinking have to be shown, not told that we have changed our ways - and that takes time and work - but it is so very worth it.

Good luck!

MM
                    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

Thank you. MM went for a walk what a nice day wish my wife was with me.

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

You are a hero EchoMe, it takes guts and integrity to do this. I wish you well.
                        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

Echome,
                          Stay strong brother it only gets better from here!!

Bob

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

Thank you. I went to mom and dads to watch football and every five minutes they tried to give me a drink. I finally told my mom Iam not drinking. I wanted to tell her I quit for good but I started crying every time so I did not tell her. I wanted to tell her I have made a wreck of my life becouse of drugs and alcohol. Before I go to far Iam still AF. Day 1 is almost over!!!. I need to tell my mom what has been going on all these years so she can understand it was not my wife who has been treating me poorly but myself. On a very sad note my wife called me. She told me she has not loved me for years and she is filing for divorce on Mon. She told me every bad thing I have done to her my god it was heart wreching. Her son was in the background saying he was going to kill me. I feel very sorry for her young son i have coused him so much pain. She will not let me see my little girl. Mom is very afraid of me. I cried and begged her to wait and see how well I do with not drinking. She said she does not love me and there is nothing to wait for. Again I pleaded with her to let me show her I can be a good husband and father I will never drink again. I begged her to wait 90 days. My wife and family are the most important thing in my life. After an hour of pleading she said she would think about it. This is the worst time of my life. Iam loosing everything. I have hurt the person I love with all my heart to a point were she will not see me anymore or trust me or talk about anything but leaving me and reasons for doing so. I can only hope she thinks about giving me time to heal myself. I love her so much. ECHOME

Comment

I WANT TO THANK YOU.

If you read this please help me pray for my family and a second chance. Iam a good person. I want chance to show I can be a good husband and father.

Comment

Working...
                              X