• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is hi-jacking a thread and how do u 'chat'

new member whose prior knowledge of 'thread' extends to colour...:H

B

It means when a thread is going along nicely then someone comes in and changes the whole content and meaning....it has been hi-jacked.

Chat-go to the top of the boards and you will see the chat button. Then if others are in there you can talk to people "live". At the bottom of the page you can see who is currently using chat as well.

By the way welcome and I really enjoyed your first post.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Thanks Beaches
      Bit nervous bout posting 'correctly' and getting to know the etiquette of threads and forums and chats and all, not to mention the AF challenges:-)

B

Comment

Don't worry about it Phoenix even though I worried too at first. Post away and we'll find you and folk will 'herd' you gently around until you get the hang of it all. You're doing just fine and your posts have been really great! A natural!!

I haven't cracked New Chat myself yet either....got to check this poota is updated...lots of info posted about it I must read! But had fun in Old Chat this afternoon so.... you just got to type really quickly!!! But it's loads of fun!

Good luck to you - see you tomorrow but remember there'll be someone here 24/7 with our friends over The Pond and in Upsidedownland!!!!

Love FMF x
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Thank you FMF
          Just gotten into bed Day 2 AF down. Feeling a bit weird, kind of inexplicably subdued; as if everything is great but I'm just not "feeling it" without understanding why. Then I feel guilty that I'm not feeling flipping brilliant for doing 2 days.
          As I'm typing this now, I'm even wondering if I should be typing it here or in another thread somewhere or if I should've posted a Tell Us Your Story thread. I'm even exasperating myself.
          I noticed today when I read over posts how nice you are, (said in a totally grateful, not patronising way) so I know you'll prob laugh at this and then tell me where I'm off kilter in my thinking.
          Thanks for being so approachable and entirely un-intimidating.

B

Comment

Hey Phoenix ... You're doing just fine! :welcome:

You too can rise from the ashes .....

Comment

Phoenix - B.....you're doing just fine. I always check New Posts at the top on the page anyway and keep refreshing so I tend to be able to follow folk around.... And if I want to check someone's OK I click on thier name somewhere and then on Find All Posts By....and then follow them around to see how they're doing. I'm not chasing them/you! But I, and everyone else will find you where ever you post. Just keep posting if it helps. And use Need Help asap if you need to....I did in the early days and it was fantastic.

I remember feeling really weird at times - I mean, my moods and feeling were like bell ropes...up and down and round and round. For quite a while - in fact they probably still are but I've got used to them and now enjoy the fact that I feel things rather more 'normally'!!! There's a great thread (which I will post on here after this - not very good at going back and forth without losing my post before posting it proper!!) about..well, here's what I look at lots in case it helps!

"We expect that what is always in the process of change should be graspable and predictable.
              Because we mistake what is impermanent to be permanent, we suffer.

We look for happiness in all the wrong places. The Buddha called this habit mistaking suffering for happiness.
              We become habituated to reaching for something to ease the edginess of the moment.
              We become less and less able to reside with even the most fleeting uneasiness or discomfort.
              What begins as a slight shift of energy -- a minor tightening in our stomach-- a vague indefinable feeling that something bad is about to happen-- escalates into addiction.
              This is our way of trying to make life predictable.
              Because we mistake what always will bring us suffering to be what we think will bring happiness, we remain stuck in the repetitious habit of escalating our dissatisfaction."

I'm really practising 'residing with fleeting uneasiness' big time! (Fleeting being the operative word early on!) When you're feeling all these new feelings - down when you expect to feel up and vice versa - just know that that means you're getting better. Alcohol is leaving your system and you can now be in the world fully. It felt like too much for me at times but I learnt to go somewhere quiet or come here and it passed until I got so used to it I welcomed it. Suddenly I was alive and not drunk!!!! Yea!

Good luck to you Phoenix....hang in there. It gets better honestly. The next few days (to Days 4-5) will be the hardest in their way but YOU CAN DO THIS THING!

Hope you sleep ok - just might be disrupted there for a wee while but that too passes.

Love FMF xx

Comment

Phoenix - lost the thread for now...but it's about Pema Chodron (who wrote the quote) and I hope you can find it tomorrow. I hope the quote I put in helps for now....stick with the feelings; they're only feelings and you don't need to drink on them. Just observe them. Read posts by Satori - he's really good at this thing about feelings and helped me loads!

Love
                FMF xx

Comment

Working...
                X