I Relapsed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Relapsed

Everyone: I feel awful saying this, but I drank today. It wasn't a total drunk, but it was about 5 - 6 drinks. I'll be staying here at newbies until I get some sobriety, hopefully 30 days again. Sorry. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

I Relapsed

Mary:l :l :l You were doing so great! You are not back at day 1! You had 1 bad day. Dust off, drink your water, and keep on doing the great things that you have been doing!:h
    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

I Relapsed

Dear Amethyst: I don't know what triggered it. Nothing really, but I will begin anew tomorrow. I don't mind being on day 1 if it leads me to an AF life. I feel pretty miserable right now, but I'll be OK. Thank you for your kind words. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

I Relapsed

Hi Mary

I am sorry to hear that you drank today and disappointed yourself . But you have no reason to apologize to us. You have done so well. I know you can get back on track. I guess the signs were there as you have been having trouble with temptation lately.

Hope you don't feel too badly about this.

Take care,

Comment

I Relapsed

Oh Mary, I'm sorry. I know you must feel bad. Get some sleep and get back on here tomorrow and tell us what happened. We'll be here for you. Don't beat yourself up, get right back on the wagon. It was a lapse in judgement, not a relapse to your old ways.
          We all love you and respect you Mary...Don

Comment

I Relapsed

Hey girl. When i hear people being downon themself for being af for awhile, and then messsing up with five beers, im like wow, dont they realize how good they are for doing the af days for awhile? its not bad at all. we are all human. u shold pat urself on the back for the while u were af, and go back to it tomorrow. no biggy!!

Comment

I Relapsed

yes Mary, listen to Don & the rest of the gang.I slipped a couple days ago,a slip does not equate to failure!!Hang in there. I think you'll find the "wagon" a lot easier to get back on.good luck steve

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary you didn't disappoint anyone here. We will always be here to support you. I am just so sorry that you are so frustrated with yourself. Like those before me said that this is just one day and tomorrow is a new day. You sound pretty motivated yourself. Take care!
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary... You are a strong, motivated person. Please don't be too hard on yourself.. I know how you feel.. it's a hard journey we are on, but we are on it together. It was only one day, so just keep your resolve and it will come... You have been such an inspiration to so many, me included. We are here for you.

thinking of you,

MM
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I Relapsed

Hi Mary...Don't beat yourself up ...c'mon...you are the pillar of strength here...You know why you did it...was it good?...no...do you have more strength now?...yes. Sometimes it is good to go back to the "old" neighborhood to realise how far you have come.

Isn't it great to know that you have grown?!!!!!!

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary,
                      Have enjoyed your posts over the weeks, so wanted to weigh in with some support. Helps to know that we're not alone, doesn't it? And that you have lots of faceless friends here! The great thing about this program is that, as everyone here says, you're not back at DAY 1. In relapse prevention, they emphasise that we see times like these as slips, lapses - NOT failure. All those AF days count for something!

Sending you lots of positive energy,
                      Kyna
                      Kyna

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary, I'm sorry about your slip but that's all it was - a slip - you still have your sobriety. When you achieve longterm sobriety (years) and you look back what will that one day mean - it will be insignificant. Learn from it, see if you work out what the triggers were, get that positive thinking back and you'll be fine. Janicexxx
                        AF since 9 May 2012
                        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary - Hi.

"Beat not thyself up".

Again the back-stitch analogy - a running stitch isn't as strong as the back-stitch. And it's the back-stitch that gives the strength.

You've put in the back-stitch. You're stronger now.

If you liked it you'll know better what to do (not do!) next time. If you didn't like it or how you're feeling this morning, well, there you are. What a great thing to have discovered either way.

Don't go back to Day 1....not for us! I mean, yes, I know what you mean but remember how far you've come and just get yourself up and back at it. It was just a Consolidation Excercise. One of the most important things in learnig anything!

Lots of Love
                          FMF xx
                          :heart: c: :heart:
                          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I Relapsed

hi mary,

so sorry you feel you relasped, but i couldn't agree more with what everyone has said, its just a slip, another learning curve. i love FMF's backstitch analogy. please don't be too hard on yourself, i'm 8days af today and your posts are included with others that have given me the inspiration and strength to get this far. i have full confidence that you'll hop straight back on the wagon wiser than what you were beforeand from what i've read so far thats pretty wise :l

sending massive love your way :l :h

want :l
                            xxx
                            AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                            There's fire in your eyes,
                            Bite me, excite me,
                            I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                            Brings eternal flame.
                            Open me to heaven,
                            To heal me again.

Comment

I Relapsed

Mary...sorry you feel bad, but please don't! The longer you've been on that old wagon the slower it goes...so it's easier to jump back on. JUMP! :l
                              Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Working...
                              X