i haveto do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i haveto do it

Hi everyone, I have been reading this forum a lot today. Everyone here is so great in supporting one another, so I thought I would post something.

I'm here for the same reasons as you all. I am an alcoholic and I must accept that in order to become AF.

I had a horrific weekend, one of those that makes me feel ashamed, guilty, and down right dirty. I am lucky that my wife has agreed to give me another chance.

I have to do it

i haveto do it

hey there. what happened this weekend? anything specific or just drinking all day? This forum is amazing. everyone is so supportive. definitely post often, and read the book!

Comment

i haveto do it

just a bad relapse. I have been trying to kick this for years. I can go days, weeks, and once over 3 months, but for some reason, the cycle starts over. The weekend was pretty much drinking all day on Friday and Saturday.

Comment

i haveto do it

Welcome Gottatry,
        You found a good place and good people. I think it's quite impressive that you can go so long without drinking. That's great. Maybe some of the supplements here could help you with the hard times. I know the L Glut and Kudzu have helped me out a lot.

Good luck to you.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

i haveto do it

thanks Beaches. I'm really going for it this time.

Comment

i haveto do it

Hi...I can relate...go for so long and ...BAM!...I have narrowed it down to emotional upset...boredom...or thinking that I can handle it...so many things!!!! Welcome to the world of self-improvement! You have found the most sophisticated group of people you will need here!

Read the book...get some natural supplements to help you, and best of all...vent here...you WILL find the support you need...

Comment

i haveto do it

Hi gottatry. Iam so happy your wife is giving you a second chance. Hold her close to you and tell how much she means to you. Tell her you love her every day. Dont take that first drink. I hope my wife will give me a second chance it does not look good. ECOME

Comment

i haveto do it

Hi Gotatry

I am new here also but not new to having a problem with alcohol.

I also am so sick of the effect it is having on my life.

Was there a trigger that set you off at the weekend?
                I have so many. Too many to write really.

Echome- Don't give up on your wife yet. When she sees you are really making an attempt to sort your life out, I am absolutely sure she will give you another chance.

Comment

i haveto do it

Hi gottatry......good to have you join us.

I owe my sobriety to M.W.O. and all the wonderful friends I`ve made here.
                  Decide which supps and meds you wish to incorporate, devise a plan and you`ll be off and running. As long as you are willing to commit wholeheartedly to sobriety, you will not fail.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

i haveto do it

Thank you Starlight and Marbella.

One the question about the trigger, it was what I like to call the cycle. I can go for a while then slowly drink more and more. We were on what was supposed to be a good vacation but thanks to me, no one had fun.

So - day 2 is almost done, what I fear is day 20 or so.

Comment

i haveto do it

Concentrate only on the day you`re on gotta.......look no farther.......I really think that is the secret to success.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

i haveto do it

thank you - I will do that!

Comment

Working...
                        X