Newbies in Need - Day 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Hi everyone, just a quick one as running late. What a weekend!! I now have a half empty nest!! We stayed overnight in a hotel Saturday and had a meal in the restaurant. That was hard. Twice I was asked by waiters if I wanted a "drink" and then I started noticing what other people were drinking at other tables!! I stuck it out and stayed on water but it was interesting that my husband commented that because I wasn't drinking, it seemed to affect his enjoyment because I wasn't relaxed!!! Amazing eh?? I felt like saying "try sitting this side of the table then.....!!!" Anyway day 7 today so making progress - slowly! Much love to everyone - oh and Rustop - well done, what a challenge and you slaughtered it!!! Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Newbies in Need - Day 17

hi janice and everyone to come,

hope everyone is well, where ever you are, what ever time of day,
    i'm starting day 8 af today, feeling positive, glad the first week is over, don't really want to do that again if i can help it. well done janice for sticking with the water. rustop how did the wedding go? i have to say that i really admire those of you who have partners who still drink and can go into social situations in these early days being af. i've cut myself off and probably will for this week aswell. in the past i've always cracked in the early days in social situations. all my friends are big drinkers so i want to get stronger mentally before i throw myself in with the lions :H .

i'll check in again later
    take care everyone
    want :l
    xxxx
    AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
    There's fire in your eyes,
    Bite me, excite me,
    I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
    Brings eternal flame.
    Open me to heaven,
    To heal me again.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Starting Over Yet Again

Hello all Newbies,

I seem stuck in Newbieland.

I really let my drinking spiral again in the last couple of weeks. No moderation, nothing.

I am at home this week - I asked for the time off - so I can "cut myself off" from everything and everyone, and "detox."

I am not sure how bad it is going to be because I have only once before gone an entire week without any alcohol and that was pretty bad. (Shakes, sweats, etc.) But, I have the time at home, I have nothing to do work wise except some expense reports.

Soooo.. Long story short, once again. Today is going to be day one.

I hope I can count on my friends to be there when I get desparate. This is it.

I either do it now or I check into rehab, this week is the big decider for me.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing well and I look forward to coming out the other side of this in a few days feeling better.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Good morning everyone

Has anybody else had problems getting onto the site? I had this morning. I had the same problem some time ago when they were doing work on the site. I hope I can still access it as this is my lifeline. Well done Janice, its really hard isnt it but you got there and the sense of achievement is worth it. Want you are going into your second week thats some achievement, well done. Db2 be kind to yourself this week, you will get there. We are all there to support you. Do you have the cd's? I am finding them very relaxing but time consuming.

Hello to all who come after have a great Monday. Uda how are you doing? Have not seen you post in a few days but I have been away and could have missed it. Hope all is going well.

Rustop

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Hi Everyone: Thank you Janice for starting this thread. It is a very important one for me. This is day 1 after the slip I had yesterday, & I feel OK. There's still a little residual shame about what I did, but I took my g-son to story hour & tried to put it behind me. I realize that there are no shortcuts in life. Drinking to smother issues does not work. Now I really understand that. I want sobriety so much...I must realize that I have to take the good w/the bad. I have to accept the fact that there will be thorny issues that need working on. Drinking to forget about them only prolongs the agony. Thanks for being here everyone. Mary
          PS: Cindi, hang in there. Get your body detoxed & keep coming here to MWO for support. We'll work on our sobriety together.
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Hi Janice, want, Cindi, Rustop, Mary and all.

Janice and want....keep up the good work...am so pleased for you both.

Cindi.......wishing you all the best for the detox........pamper yourself.

Mary.......I totally relate to your thoughts.......quitting drinking does not automatically make everything in our gardens rosy. And it is hard work to retrain ourselves to not turn to the booze when life can sometimes be unkind. Let go of yesterday, Mary.........you`re back on your chosen AF path and that`s all that matters........present and future are all that matter. You have been a tower of strength to me, Mary........it was hearing how you`d found the guts to quit that made me realize that I could too.

Have a splendid day all.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
            X