No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi :new:
    I finally decided to post after surfing the community for two weeks. I am very impressed and inspired by how supportive everyone on this forum is. I have been trying to be AF for over three years now and it feels like all I've done is waste alot of time and money and feel really crapy from not being able to stop. Like many of you, I have shameful, embarrasing feelings and behaviours related to drink. And there's nothing like trying to quit and not being able to to take your self esteem into the dumps if it wasn't there already. The worst is for the last two years for the past part I haven't even liked or enjoyed the tast of alcohol, wine, beer, vodka, champagne but I push through it because of needing to feel good. Well it used to make me feel good but that was short lived. In that sense reading the struggles people have had and even more their success has made me willing to give it another try and most importantly not give up. I got the supps on Saturday and I already feel a difference especially with the calms forte which helps with my anxiety which would sky rocket once I stopped drinking in the past.

Also reading the forums, I just feel really thankful that Ms. Jewell has this website and it attracts such warm people. I tried going to AA and it wasn't for me. This program is the most affordable one that I have found that covers most of the bases without making you give up your dignity or your money or both

I am also using a hypnosis program but it is not the one that goes with this program, it's way moore expensive. And please do not call the American Hypnosis Center because they'll charge you hundreds of dollars and if you feel it's not working they make you pay anyway for their programs. I have spent soooo much money on this disease and trying to get better it hurts when I think about it. I'm also using EFT that someone else suggested. I have found that enormously helpful when it is applied properly because it helps me let go of the emotional triggers that made me consciously want to do one thing not drink, eat better e.t.c but behave in the opposite because subconsciously my mind had other feelings. If anyone wants advice on that I would be happy to say more.

I'm also starting to see a chiropractor for auricular therapy and torque. I am determined to get in recovery this year. So even though it's expensive I think I can finally say that I'm worth it. It took me a long time to feel that way. To commit to me and to be able to mean it. I feel like that was my real addiction so to speak, feeling not worth it, feeling guilty and ashamed and treating myself badly before anyone else could or because I made mistake.

I want to be able to learn a different way of interacting with life. The whole booze thing was cool, for a while anyway. I recognize that it had a purpose and I thank it for the help but I'm ready for a new way of being.
    thanks for reading.

Welcome 2bfree! I am glad you decided to join us. You will find a lot of very special people who will give you support and strength.

And... yes you are very much worth it! An investment in yourself to get sober is the best gift you can give yourself because it ultimately gives you your life back.

Comment

Hi 2bfree. I'm new around here too. Welcome.

Comment

Hi 2bfree, I am also new and your story is a mirror image of mine. Trying for so long, now I truley think it can be done with the support of such wonderful people here

Comment

Thanks gottatry and changeagent for welcoming me to the board. I look forward to be part of a wonderful online healing community.

Comment

Welcome 2bfree and glad you found us. It's a great place to be where you can open up and talk. I wish you the best in your journey.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi 2bfree and welcome.
              Here`s to "a new way of being" for us all. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi and welcome:welcome:

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                X