Just joined today..hi help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new: Hi everyone. Had a small vodka & lemon over dinner with my husband and children last night & binged yet again and made a complete fool of myself!yet again. For the 1st time in 6 years of drinking every night, i woke up this morning and thought 'i have a problem here! im in a habit that i hate and need to change it' so...here i am. Have been reading about supplements on here..what type & do they work? need something to relax so i dont reach for the bottle everytime i get stressed!:upset:
    "Anyone Can Have An Off Decade..."Larry Cole

Hi Jarlesann and welcome.
    Best way for you to start is by reading RJ`s book to familiarize yourself with all aspects of the programme. There you will find out all about the supps and meds members are using, and decide which ones will suit your needs. Lots of info on these on the Meds and Holistic boards too.

Wishing you love and strength for your journey ahead,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

:welcome: Jarlesann to our little community. We are a great bunch if I don't say so myself and look forward to getting to know you. Read the book first and read and read and post. We will be here to guide you. I take the supps and listen to the CDs and exercise....alot... I personally don't take Topa or Campral but, many members swear by them. It is up to you want works and what doesn't. Anyway, nice to have you!
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Jarlsann,

:welcome: from me, too.

Can't add much, except please do download and read the book. It is not very expensive and it explains a lot.

Best of luck on your journey and hope to get to know you.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi and welcome:welcome:

Lots of support here. I'm doing the programme with just the supplements and cd's which I ordered from this site. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Jarlesanee ( I like the name) The program does work. read the book develop and your mindset. I don't take any prescription drugs for my drinking, I use the supplements which have been a God send in particular the L-Glutamine. As some one told me once pick what you can use and make it work for you.
            Best of Wishes
            Mar

Comment

Hey Jarlesann,

You have found a site brimming with supportive and understanding people who all share your problem and for starters, just from that alone you should take courage and feel hopeful.

Welcome!

Comment

gday J,
                welcome

you have made the first step
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Hi Jarlesann! Welcome to our little circle of support. I haven't found it necesary to use any supplements, and it hasn't been too hard, so ultimately it is up to you and how much "help" you think you need. Do some reading, and then decide what you think is right for you. Good luck!
                  The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hi! Glad you came : )
                    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                    - George Jackson

Comment

Hello and welcome,

I also recommend the book, My Way Out. I've read it more than once. I take some of the vitamins and recently started Topamax (a prescription drug that is suppose to help with alcohol craving). Most importantly, I log on here daily for the support, advice, humor, and recipes. I can completely relate to your realization of having a problem with drinking. I drank all through my twenties and thirties, socially--or so I thought, and then I went through a divorce and drank a whole lot more than usual. And even when life eventually returned to normal again, I still kept drinking. So here I am today. Trying to get a handle on it. Finding MWO has really helped in the process. It helps to not feel so alone in the struggle. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Julie

Comment

Working...
                      X