Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new, please bear with me!!

Hi, I am new here? here goes ?

I am 39, I have 2 fantastic kids (5 and nearly 4) I am married (8 years) I am an antenatal teacher and absolutely love it!! Before having kids I was a legal executive (specializing in matrimonial and childrens act)

My mum was an alcoholic, I regularly came home from school to find her drunk, my dad had the odd whisky but never got drunk.

When I was 5 (ish) I discovered that I had a sister that had died before I was born, run over by a lorry When I was 8 my big sister died (aged 21) she was involved in a car accident.

In 1995 my dad died and I was so concerned about my mum I don?t think I ever grieved properly.

In 1998 my boss hung himself and later that year my mum died from throat cancer (having been ill for about 2 years) I nursed her for the last few weeks of her life.

I have a brother who I haven?t spoken to for nearly 6 years.

I have been drinking since I was about 18 ? to start with socially. I was in an abusive relationship from 1994 to 1997 and drank so I was drunk before he came home!!

When my mum died I drank and drank ? since about 2004 I have drank 2 bottles of 12% wine every night. I never drink during the day and never in front of the kids.

I doubt that anyone (other than my husband) know I am an alcoholic - kids always on time for school ? that?s my justification to drink!

I hate the fact I drink, I hate the fact I am killing myself and will leave the kids, I hate the fact that I am spending HUGE money on this.

My husband is really supportive BUT thinks stopping drinking is merely a matter of willpower!

I have read on this forum about Kuzdu ? and am now looking in to it ? I am really looking forward to being part of this community and sharing experiences and advice.

Here?s hoping I can kick this habit SOON .. does anyone know where I can get Kudzo in the UK? Tomorrow if poss?

Sorry if this was rambling

X

Hi newjen and welcome.
    I am so sorry to read of all the sadnesses in your life and can understand how all of this led you deeper and deeper into a world of drink.

You can get kudzu from Holland and Barrett in UK, although I have never used it, and the kudzu available through the health store at the site is of best quality.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Wishing you love and strength for your journey ahead,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Newjen,

:welcome:

Your plight sounds so much like mine, only you are a much younger version of me. So you are trying to address it much sooner. Good for you!!

While I am not from the UK, and cannot tell you where to get Kudzu there, I can suggest very strongly you download RJ's book. That is truly your first step. There is much more to the plan than Kudzu and, of course, drugs alone are not all it takes.

Read the book, read the posts, post your questions and start on a journey to get your life back to where you are in control.

There will always be someone here to help.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Newjen and welcome.
        Sounds as though you have had a really tough time. You have come to the right place.
        Have you got the mwo book ?. I got kuzdo on the internet (ebay), you could also try
        Holland and Barratt,they may have it, they do sell L glutomine, which is also good.
        You could also try a Chinese herbalist shop. Frame of mind is also very important, and
        sharing your problems/ worries on this site will help you.
        Wishing you well .Paula.

Comment

Newjen,
          :welcome: It's crazy...we all think that nobody knows that we drink...boy did I find out I was wrong ! My son (he's 19) chewed me out one day telling me that you think that I don't know your drinking , but I do ! He also said "Dad I love you! Why are you doing this to yourself?" Well anyway, a lot of us are funtioning alcoholics....Do you know that we are the hardest working employees in our companies? Funny, huh? we are this way so that know one knows are secreat ! (of course if too far gone nothing will help). IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Newjen - ouch, you've seen some horrible times haven't you. Welcome to here though and you can find a way here... your Mum died from throat cancer...please stop so you don't have to to....there is such a link with that to drinking. Don't miss your kidlets grwoing up.

I got my Kudzu (drops) and L-Glut from my local health food shop in Cornwall so you should be ok in the UK for those. But I am sure the MWO store on line will have the best. But home brands will be a start! Apparently L-Glut works really fast if you break one open and put the powder under your tongue... for 'emergencies'! But these guys wll 'instruct' you much better than I can...

...Day by day is my motto.... Drink #1 goes on to being drunk so don't have it is my thinking. And it's built into 114 AF days now!! (Not bragging but just showing how they can build!!) So, if I can...YOU CAN!!

The best of luck and we're all here to support you through. Post and read lots.

Love FMF xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I do so agree with you IAD. I function so efficiently at work, but when I get home
              I can't hide it from my family.(don't need to at the moment, not drank for ages)
              But of course I need to remain vigillant.
              Paula.

Comment

I am lucky my boys are too young and in bed and asleep when I drink ... BUT they suffer in the mornings I get up about 7.45 and have to fix breakfast, make sure they are washed, dressed and teeth cleaned and get them to school for 8.30 - never, to date, been late!!

Comment

Newjen,
                  Were funtioning alcoholics ! We are the best working people in the World ! IAD
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

It's not so much you get them to school on time so everything is okay with them.

I'll bet they do miss out on a lot of things, ie you with lots of energy and truly "there" for them. Take it from one who knows! I thought I was "getting away" with it all, as long as I had the kids in clean school clothes everyday, out the door by 8.30am, tea organised for them coming home and then get them into bed by 8.30pm. But, I tell you, what bloody hard work it was keeping a face on. It was hard work just trying to keep up with it all with a hangover and a feeling exhausted every day.

This is my last shot at stopping drinking. I am only on day 3 AF but, it feels good to get up at 6.30am, take the dog a little walk, have the kids lunchboxes organised, a good brekky ready for them by 7.30am, uniforms on and out by 8.20am. That gives them 10 extra minutes in the playground to get into their day at a nice relaxed pace after a bit of a catch up with their mates. Much better than rushing them around like a madwoman as I used to.

Hey, I am not saying nah nah nah nah nah, look at me, how good I am.....you just need to look back at my past posts. I just feel compelled to tell you, you are doing absolutely the right thing by quitting now. Life is soooo much easier not having to work so hard at being normal! Is there any chance you have a doctor who you can approach about your drinking. Believe me, it takes a lot of courage to do.... but it will change your and your family's lives.

Best of luck.

Comment

Hi newjen, WELCOME!
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

Hi! Lots of good advice given to you here already, so will just add my own welcome, you have come to the right place! lLooking forward to getting to know you, and best of luck!
                        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

HI newjen. Sorry you had to go through soooooo much. Everybody is so helpfull here. Thier kind words and wisdom has helped me very much the last few days. Keep writing and reading. You can do it!!! ECHOME

Comment

it is the being present that we miss out on. we are so busy trying to appear normal that we miss out on simply being present. how can we be present if we are hung over. so pretending just anyway you look at it just isn't fun. so good you are on the boards. best of luck. off to bed. but wow, sober would be so much more beneficial. kids are so very perceptive. they know everything. honestly, we never got away with a thing. we were just pretending. keep posting and welcome. one day at a time is the best way to begin.
                            :welcome:

Comment

Welcome to here, newjen. You will find many people like you here... We get our kids to school on time, we are good (great) employees, as IAD says, we show the world a face of success.

But we have a problem, a BIG problem, and nobody who doesn't have the problem can ever understand how hard it is to overcome. So we meet here and try to tackle it together and get support from each other, from others who DO understand how hard it is.

And there are other things that will help, so read the book, take the supplements and see what else you can do to help you in this struggle. Oh, and of course, keep coming here.
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X