constipation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

constipation

Three days ago I stopped drinking and started the full MYO supplement package. Ever since then I have been constipated. Does anyone know if one or more of the supplements is causing this? The irony for me is that I normally have the opposite (I think as a result of the wine). I am reluctant not to take all the supplements as I'm doing really well AF.
    MAny thanks.

constipation

hi Cookinghappy, I too used to be 'very' regular as a result of the vino and became constipated upon going AF. Things returned to normal on their own for me, although you may want to try a mild laxitive. Certainly a diet full of veggies and other fiber is a great idea. The supplements are probably not causing the issue in my understanding.
    congrads on being alcohol free!!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

constipation

Yep - I agree with Determinator. After I quit drinking I was backed up like an overloaded subway train. A mild laxative, lots of water and do eat lots of veggies & whole grains. It is uncomfortable but things will return to normal before long. Oh and get some exercise too, it will get things moving a bit faster. Like a brisk walk or something.

Comment

constipation

Cookinghappy,
        You usually a problem with flatulance! After awhile it will recide. IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

constipation

think about how much you have reduced your intake of fluids. if you were drinking beer or wine in large quantities that kept you somewhat hydrated.
          drink a liter of water a day, you might also find that you are overeating, or eating more than when you were drinking.
          laxative teas are great, they work right away so be sure to be near a bathroom.

good luck
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

constipation

Yup, me too! I'm afraid it still is even after 115 days - I have joined the "I MUST have my bran at breakfast brigade"!!!!! Then it's OK. Something to do with the alcohol having changed the peristalsis in the gut - I mean, when we were drinking food was rushed through (so we didn't get all the nourishment) so now we're the other way.....(but think of the nourishment we're getting now!!!) I hope it settles! I don't want to have to become a secret bran eater now instead of a secret booze drinker!!!!

Love
            FMF xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

constipation

FMF, that's another benefit to L-glutamine and why it got the nickname "gut restorer" in the medical community. it's good for the intestines! and of course taking some beneficial flora is probably a good idea for all of us. Acidophilus etc.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

constipation

Thanks Det - didn't know that. Only taken L-Glut when I am thinking a drink is what's needed....really helps greatly there! And in a matter of minutes...?!

(Howz your knee by the way? We're having a bit of pain going on with our new found physical stuff I think...?! I'm still in need of a Zimmer frame! It's been 5 days too?!)

Love FMF x

Comment

constipation

what the heck is a Zimmer frame?
                  my knee is pretty dorked....owie! time, ice and the hardest part....patience!
                  XXX
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

constipation

Sorry! Thought it was worldwide!! A Zimmer frame is one of those frame thingys that the elderly folk use to walk with/in. It's got four legs with a horizontal bar curved around the top....... Sure you have them - what do you call them?!...

Bad luck about the knee - sounds a bad one. Must be knee time; my son emailed from school last night (14) saying he had a knee the size of a bowling ball full of fluid after a nasty tackle in rugby ........aaagh!

Right, however, back to the matter in question..... howz your constipation then, Det!...... LOL!!!!

(Such a great subject but I'm really glad it's here coz I've asked around for four months and never got any empathy at all!!!! So a big thank you to you Cookinghappy and I hope it settles for you soon.)

Love FMF xx

Comment

constipation

a "zimmer frame" is called a "walker" in the US : )
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

constipation

Thanks My Heart - how sensible!! Those confusing generics again!! FMF x

Comment

constipation

Have been having a good laugh. When I posted my 'constipation' thread it seemed so anonymous. Yet now, having received suggestions from as far afield as New York to Cornwall, Maryland to Canada about MY bowels has somehow brought home to me that you are all out there and real. My constipation is global news!
                          That aside, your suggestions and support are really appreciated. I think I'll try and drink more water, eat more roughage and vegetables, concentrate on slow-sugars and get some of that laxative tea!
                          Should I let the world know if it works???:H

Comment

constipation

Oh yea!!! Do! This is a fun thread - how many ways can 'it' be talked about without talknig about 'it'!!!

Good luck!

FMF xx

Comment

constipation

LOL - we have wide ranging conversations here I have to admit!

Don't usually suffer from bunged up bum sysndrome myself - but just thought I would add the info that the last time I did have the problem - it was caused by drinking these yoghurts with "beneficial" bacterial cultures.

Well - the little bu**ers didn't do me any benefit!
                              Couldn't "go" for days! :upset:

I know - probably TMI!

Love n' huggy type things :l

Satori

xxx
                              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
                              X