Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried the master cleanse also known as the lemon diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking of starting the master cleanse, would love to hear from anyone who has tried it.
    how did it make you feel.
    discomforts etc.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

I love the taste of the drink-I add extra cayenne too. I don't use it as a total cleanse though. I eat a mostly raw veggie diet to go with. I don't fast well-low blood sugar issues. So i guess I'm not the best person to ask:H Good luck!
    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Thanks Amethyst
      I read that it's very good for people who are trying to kick bad habits like alcohol drugs and cigarettes.
      yes it does sound very tasty think I would do well with it except for the salt wash.

Comment

I tried it, and lasted 3 days...I found the worst part was the horrendous diarrhea caused by the herbal teas which would wake you in the early hours with a dreadful churning stomach and cause you to fly to the toilet still half asleep.

The salt water also caused another urgent rush to the loo (well about 5 urgent rushes to be more exact) but at least they were a little more controlled and at least you were awake.

In my opinion it is something to do when you have a lot of free time, DO NOT TRY TO TIE IT IN TO A WEEK FULL OF IMPORTANT BUSINESS MEETINGS!

I may try it again now you have mentioned it, but in a few weeks when I have a bit more free time. I am sure if you stick to it for the full the days the benefits are enormous.

Comment

You know Marbella the laxative part is something I questioned. Maybe if one is irregular then you really might need a purge like that.
          I am getting the maple syrup tonight and waiting for the weekend to start the cleanse.
          The toilet at work is close by. I am maninly thinking of the subway ride to and from work

Comment

Hey Trixie et al... I was wondering if we do the salt water wash each morning or is it the first morning??? I did it this morning, and now am enjoying my 'spicy' lemon drink.

Comment

I remember they made me take a bunch of horse pills the day before a colonoscopy.

I swear, I was crapping my intestines, liver, spleen, pancreas, gall bladder, and all the other plumbing out those last few hours before the procedure.

Try it! It's fun!.............not

Neil

Comment

Accountable for Me;198421 wrote: Hey Trixie et al... I was wondering if we do the salt water wash each morning or is it the first morning??? I did it this morning, and now am enjoying my 'spicy' lemon drink.
                I read that you need to do the salt every morning as well as the laxative tea. that is the part that keeps you running to the bog

Comment

You guys got my curiousity up so I Googled.

Here is one woman's journal of the Lemon Cleanse:

Master Cleanse Journal #1 - The Lemonade Diet - From Yes They're Fake!

Geez, Neil. I am 50 and supposed to get my first colonoscopy this year. Looking forward to it now!! :H

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

db2fromala
                    thanks for posting the link. I just finished reading that and was about to ad it here.
                    I am starting mine Sunday evening after MWO meeting in New York City.

Comment

db2fromala;198480 wrote:

Geez, Neil. I am 50 and supposed to get my first colonoscopy this year. Looking forward to it now!! :H

Cindi
                      I only drank clear liquids for 48 hours before "C-hour", and got as purged and cleaned out as I've ever been!

Anyway, in the room, when they first pushed that demerol down the IV, I was happy as a lark. Then, when the diprivan went in, it was NIGHTY-NITE!!!

When I woke up, I never felt so good. Like I was 16 years old, and had amazing powers of strength and endurance. Too bad it wore off, and the meds hangover the next day was a crusher.

Good luck on your "C-day", Cindy. I was told not again for 10 more years, cause all was clear! Good thing to know. Colon cancer is a sneaky one, just like high blood pressure.

Neil

Comment

Wow... Good reading and thanks Cindi!

I don't want to do it for weight loss. Just a good ol' fall cleaning! HOWEVER, I am starving right now! LOL! Fantasizing about food already and it has only been a few hours. Oh, the mind - nasty thing!

Comment

Sorry I did not get back to this thread before, the routine is the same for the 10 days, lax tea before bed, and salt water first thing in the morning. The Salt water is not so bad- down it, then wait about 15 minutes and the diarrhea will start, but it is really more like 'pee from the backside!' You can expect to have to go about five times but all within in an hour.

For me the worst bit was waking with horrendous stomach cramps from the lax tea taken the night before. But again this was bad given my working /sleeping situation, if you have lots of free tie those days and above all privacy, it shouldnt be a problem.
                          BTW, just out of interest are you doing this as a cleanse, lose weight or an addiction cure, or a mix of all three- was just wondering as maybe able to add some insights there.

Comment

I didn't take the lax tea before bed but I did the salt wash this morning and have been drinking the lemon drink. NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!! How come?

Comment

Hi

Maybe you did not use enough salt.

I used pink mountain salt, (Not necessary but its the only salt I use) and made a brine by adding it to water until there were crystals remaining- so if there are no salt crystals in the water possibly you haven't used enough.

I then got a large cup and 3 quarters filled it with the brine, adding a bit of water on top.

Within 30-40 mins you should be running to the bathroom, and will probably need to do this about 5 times in quick succession.

The taste of the salt water is foul- I got round it by holding my nose and pretending it was very watery salty vegetable soup- a tip I picked up on the Master Cleanse Forum, there are thousands of posts there so for sure you will find the answers to your questions.

It is at- http://therawfoodsite.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                              X