sugar cravings/hunger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sugar cravings/hunger

How many days do the sugar or refined carb cravings last once you stop drinking. I was on a bottle or 1 1/2 bottles of wine a night. Am now day 4 AF and want to eat sweet things. Normally I have no interest for them. Am taking the full whammy of MYO supplements - which do help hugely. Any thoughts. Thanks. Also how many days will it be until physically I'm over withdrawal side effects?

sugar cravings/hunger

chocolate

hi, i'm 5th day AF and hadn't heard that you get a craving for sweet stuff which i never eat, i found myself dashing out last night to make the shop and get my fix - i thought i was substituting alcohol for chocolate but i guess it makes sense due to the reduction in sugar etc.

Comment

sugar cravings/hunger

I'm with both of you except it's not so much sweet stuff it's any food! I'm also on Day 4.

Can't really offer any advice except that it's all quite normal so I think it's okay to treat yourself for the first couple of weeks as your body and mind adjusts.

Comment

sugar cravings/hunger

i agree - i intend to eat (more or less) what i want, go to the gym, take long baths, treat myself to expensive bath oils and spend the money on myself that i would normally spend on booze.

Comment

sugar cravings/hunger

Sorry, bad news, I'm still struggling with them 10 months later!
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

sugar cravings/hunger

I found the sugar cravings quite fierce throughout the first week or so.......I think you just have to roll with it initially.......it`s hard enough to give up the booze without obsessing about eating sweet goodies. Once your body stops craving the drink, you`ll find the sugar cravings lessen dramatically.

I have been AF for 53 days(wine was my drink)......since quitting, I have lost 19 lbs and I still allow myself a kiddies chocolate bar every night(about 100 cals).....i am not "on a diet" as such.......it`s more of a healthy eating plan, to ensure the weight comes off and stays off..........you really can eat whatever you wish in moderation.

Hope this helps.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

sugar cravings/hunger

thanks for your thoughts. I think probably after a period of indulgance (in order to be kind to myself and keep committed to the most important battle - alcohol) the best idea seems to be to eat a balanced diet full of slow sugars, wholegrains, veg, roughage etc. People say this helps with cravings. Must admit I've never given it a fair chance as I've always added wine to the equation. I'll give it a go. I know if I don't I'll get depressed as being even more overweight will affect me badly.

Comment

sugar cravings/hunger

I am starting day 4 AF, myself. I bought grapes, cantelope, sugar free jello, and sugar free popsicles to get me through the sugar cravings.

The L-Glut is supposed to help with it, too.

However, yesterday I didn't have any so I ended up eating my usual high protein low carb kind of diet without a thought. (Hope the fruits don't go to waste.)

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

sugar cravings/hunger

I should have said that although I still struggle with them, I have them under control most of the time. As long as I eat well (low fat, low carb) I am fine.
                  It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
                  X