WHAT I LEARNED IN REHAB TONIGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First and formost I want to thank all of you for your love, prayers and real concern for myself and my family. I get to stay at home one more night so I can write to you all.

Flip was right I cannot put myself down and think Iam a looser. This is part of the addiction. It only prevents you from healing and sends you back to hell. Today I feel that I am a good person who has done horrible and very bad things to myself and family. If you notice I changed my mood to Hopeful.

OK first full day in IOP. Where do I start? You know the last week but how did I get here? At five years of age I started drinking wine. At 10 I was a blackout drunk. Meth was the next biggy man I sure loved that stuff. Have not used in over a decade very bad stuff. First wife left me i.e. kicked me out. Same house too go figure? Never went to rehab quit meth cold turkey. Never learned how to live AF. What happens is you take all your bad habits with you to the next relationship. If I only knew.

I will be in IOP for the next 14 monthes. 3 times per week plus 3 AA meetings per week. Then 1 time per week pluse 3 AA. Plus anger manegament classes Plus child development classes I think. Sounds like a long year but really It will go very fast.

I talked to my wife tonight. It is sooooo nice to here her voice. I wish you could hear her it is so beutifull. I could her my little girl in the background. I sure wish I could talk to her. I call her Boo Boo. You have to say it fast. It is late so much to say. Keep praying for my family I think It is working. ECHOME.

PS I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN

Comment

Echome, thanks for checking in. It's going to be a long, hard road but one that must be travelled. I wish you everything you wish for yourself.

Sleep well, my friend. Catch you tomorrow.

Comment

Good stuff Echo, Just think how you would treat one of us and then treat yourself with the same respect. It's about self love, and sometimes we have to "fake it til we make it". EAch tiny win you have will help you feel better about yourself and eventually, it becomes a reality.

You are SOOOO right about being a good person who has done bad/stupid things. Those things don't make YOU a bad person.
        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Echome I wish you and your family strength.

You have a lot of work in front of you but it is really wonderful that you are on the right path.

Comment

Echome I wish you love and strength.
            Paula.

Comment

Echome - you're being so courageous and I wish you all the very best as ever. Thanks for the update.

Love and hugs
              FMF xx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I wish more strength to you every second, every minute, every hour of every day...

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

keep it up Echome! You are headed in the right direction.
                  Marcie

Comment

Echome, I wish you the very best on this journey. It will be a hard one but one that is so worth it!
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Echome,

Wow, you have a lot of work ahead of you and it sounds like it is good work.

Always remember, you are a good person, addiction makes good people do bad things.

As long as you continue to fight for addiction free and learn how to cope with your anger, your goodness will shine through.

God Bless and get well my friend,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Ditto everyone else ......

You are a truly amazing person Echome .....
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Dear Echome,

I was sober in AA for 14 years so I know you can do it. Although I relapsed, it did not erase the 14 years I was sober. I now have about 4 1/2 months back and I was sober one year since my relapse after 14 years. so I am a testament it can be done!

Let me know how you're doing. We can't do this alone. XX

Comment

Echome

I am so glad that already things are looking so much brighter for you.

Please do not be hard on yourself, you became addicted to this stuff when you were just a little child- you never stood a chance.

Will continue to pray for you and your family.

Comment

Congrats on the next chapter in your life Echome. Just think, you will be so busy learning about yourself, relationships, parenting, substance abuse, etc... etc... you won't have time to think about anything self destructive.

Live, learn and love!

Comment

Working...
                              X