Newbies in need - Day 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 21

Hi Everyone: I have a busy day planned but don't like to start it if I don't come here first. This thread means a lot to me. It's how I got sober before & how I'll get sober now. I'm doing fine...we're going to an open AA meeting later. This doesn't mean I'll be joining, but I'm going to see what it's like. I've been an Alanon member (ironic isn't it?) since my son was 17 & into drugs (he's now 37). There's no Alanon meeting tonight, so we're going to the open AA meeting. I've heard AA speakers in the past & have enjoyed hearing about their recovery. It ought to be interesting. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Newbies in need - Day 21

Hi Mary and everyone to come.

What's an open AA meeting? Have tried AA a few times, just turned up at a meeting and introduced myself, somebody usually chaired the meeting and told their story and you could join in if you wished. It wasnt really for me probably because I'm a functioning alcoholic and could not relate to the stories told. I can much more identify with the other women I have met on this site.

I notice the numbers on the thread are dwindling, some of us did start on the 1st of this month but everyone is welcome to join in no matter what day you are on. As Mary said I really find it helps to log in every morning and then go straight to Drink Tracker and insert the 0. Its been a miserable wet morning so I did not get my morning walk with the dogs, went shopping instead!! I have no major plans for the week-end apart from keeping away from the vino. Hope everyone has a good week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 21

Mary, Rustop and all to come!!

Looking forward to a quiet day, I hope, after a hectic night. This weekend is my daughter's 26th B'Day party. I am making her a homemade German Chocolate cake (which they don't actually have in Germany) but we all love it.

Her boyfriend is having a potluck at his house for her. There will be plenty of booze and this will be my first time in that situation. I will take a 6 pack of Sharp's AF and some lemons with me. Just something to mentally get over the "I'm not drinking" thing. Hey, whatever it takes...

I hope all newbies will jump on this thread and post and let us know how they are doing. We care and we want to be able to help each other.

Take care all and have a wonderful day!!

:h
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 21

I'm on day 20 and my mood swings have been 'strange' only word I can think off. I'm either full of energy and cleaning the house, do this doing that, not sitting down at all or I feel very very low, lethargic and a bit paraniod, which just may be my personality. I also seem to be very angry with everybody and my family are getting in the neck left right and centre.

I'm taking suppliments have read the book and I am waiting on the hyno cds and I just know I'll do 30 days, I shouldn't be feeling like this and certainly didn't excpect the downturn in my mood. Surely I should be feeling ecstatic but no I don't just very low and depressed.
        Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 21

Emily

Dont know how long you have been drinking or how much but it will take some time for your body to adjust. I am the same, was filled with enthusiasm the first week or two, cleaning, cleaning. Thought I had the cravings beat and then wham when I least expected they hit me again. It took a long time for me personally to get to where I am so I know it will take time to put it right. Mary keeps telling us a day at a time. At least there are loads of us in the same position and these boards are great to vent on. Keep strong.

Rustop

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 21

Emily,

Awesome on the day 20!! :goodjob:

I am sorry you sometimes get blue. It seems to be a common compaint. I wonder if it isn't just a normal feeling and we are used to anesthetizing it with alcohol? Or if it is still the body adjusting as stated before.

On the other hand, if your mood swings are very pronounced, Emily, and don't get better over tinme, you might want to go to a doctor. A lot of our members here have been diagnosed bipolar and believe it or not that condition is linked quite nicely to alcohol abuse. (Not saying you are but just a thought. I am in no way an expert on this stuff.)

Okay, enough rambling. Still, all in all, AWESOME on the 20 DAYS!!! I absolutely cannot wait until I am there!!

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 21

An open AA meeting is one where anyone can attend whether they're an alcoholic or not. A closed AA meeting is only for recovering alcoholics. I'm sure I'll hear plenty of stories that I can relate to tonight. I'm sure there will also be the down-&-out types of alcoholics there also. I'll let you know what I think.

Please! Even if you slip, come here if you can. No one will judge you. When I first came to MWO, I really slipped a lot but kept logging in & posting. It helped tremendously because of all the support & encouragement. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X