Mental turmoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mental turmoil

UGH, So I stopped out after work with a friend and I knew I'd have a couple which I'm ok with. So I had a couple more than the couple I planned. She just called me to come over and said her hubby would pick me up. I so want to go, but then again so DON'T want to go.
    UGH, I know what you all will say, but just wanted to vent my frustration. I'm undecided at the moment(although really really really knowing I need to stay home.)
    Marcie

Mental turmoil

Hey, Marcie.

You know exactly what you should do. Stay home.

You've already had more than enough.

You will feel bad about it tomorrow.

Beat it back, girl, you can do it!!

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Mental turmoil

Don't you just hate the mental turmoil? We shouldn't have to stop our lives because of alcohol but many times we do because we have to. Sucks shit. Sorry Marcie I wish I could magically help you through this. **Big Hugs** to you. Do what you feel is right deeeep down inside.

Comment

Mental turmoil

hey girl at least you posted. you know at least you did that. that took guts to just get it out. i'm proud of you for speaking about it all.
        :welcome:

Comment

Mental turmoil

Ok, so I went to my friends house. She was so drunk couldn't really talk straight. I had two beers over 2 hours and her hubby brought me home. I was kind of in awe because he doesn't say anything to her about drinking, but my hubby on much less booze and drunk effects, lays into me.

I felt happy to leave and happy that I wasn't drunk tonight.
          Marcie

Comment

Mental turmoil

Good job Marcie. You definitely will feel good in the morning!

Comment

Mental turmoil

Yeah Marcie!!! Good job with the 2. You can do this, and beat this thing. Proud of you:h
              Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Mental turmoil

Thanks amethyst and AFM. Funny thing was I was turned off by the drunkeness. Is that the pot calling the kettle black or what?
                Marcie

Comment

Mental turmoil

I'ts perfectly normal and I think it is part of the process of becoming a sober person. Well done MArcie, what a champion!
                  It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Mental turmoil

I don't think it is the pot calling the kettle black at all. I am totally turned off by drunk people. I think as Flip said it is part of becoming a sober person. I live with a person who likes to tie one on often (although he is on day 5 of doing 30 days AF - YIPPEE!) and it actually reminds me what I was like when drunk. Slurring, staggering, spilling, passing out, speaking nonsense, etc. A total turn off from wanting to drink. Again, great job!

Comment

Mental turmoil

Marcie - WELL DONE!!! That's such a great thing to have done. I'm sure it's built your confidence up too, that you can do this thing... Well, I hope it has!

Pot and kettles - I don't think so.... watching and thinking that's cool would be weirder! I am really put off by drunkeness too. Always was funnily enough so I WAS pot/kettle/black! (Mortified cringe here!)

I think you answered your own question by posting here before you went - and then 'to thy own self be true' really won out for you - BE PROUD!!! I think it's fantastic.

Love
                      FMF xx
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Mental turmoil

Marcie,

Yahoo!! Just woke up and read this. Good on you, girl!

Yes, in the last few months as I have been working towards sobriety, I have found myself noticing drunks more and more. It is interesting, isn't it, to realize what we act like drunk and recognize it is definitely NOT a desirable way to be?

Glad it worked out for you. You are making huge progress.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Mental turmoil

Well done Marcie!

It would have been so easy for you to arrive there and down a few fast ones to 'catch up' but you didn't!

As a good friend of mine said recently, the adjectives 'drunk and sexy' or 'drunk and interesting' never really go together.

Comment

Mental turmoil

Good for you Marcie in making fantastic progress.
                            I do think our minds start to become stronger when we reach the stage of kind of recoiling in horror when we see someone totally sloshed........we are painfully reminded of just how we used to look.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Mental turmoil

Marbella - yea! Drunk and sexy and drunk and interesting - who is (was - cringe!) anyone trying to kid?!?!?!
                              Just wondering why then, when we sober up, our partners suddenly find us un-iresistable and leave?!?!?! Hmmm. Well, tuff - dunno what they're missing!!
                              At and at it!
                              FMF xx
                              :heart: c: :heart:
                              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                              X