New here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here....

I'm new here and reading a lot of the information. Seems very interesting. I tried AA forever and it worked from time to time, but I would always relapse after few years of sobriety. Now, my pattern is AF for a couple of weeks then I'll drink for a few days, stop for a couple of weeks, and drink again.... I'm just now coming off of 6 days of drinking.

At this point I don't know what I want to do.... AF or moderation. Moderation has never worked for me either.

So.... Just figured I'd introduce myself.

Thanks,
    Renee
    "Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen carefully..." :h

New here....

Hey Renee, welcome:welcome:

From the sound of your drinking past, you can go AF for varying degrees of time, two years being the longest. That is amazing. Perhaps all you may need to be completely AF, could be the Hypno CDs or the supplements or the Topamax or ALL together if that is what sounds right to you.If moderation hasn't worked for you before (hasn't for me either), then perhaps the CDs would be good for you as they are supposed to reprogramme behaviour if used as instructed......

Whatever you choose to do, this is a fantastic support system.

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to seeing you around.
    x
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

New here....

Whisper,

Just adding my :welcome:

Read the program and see where you might want to start.

Everyone here will be there for you no matter what you decide.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

New here....

Hi Amelia :welcome:

If you can say, as you did, with certainty that moderation has never worked for you - then I would make a beeline for abstinence and focus on ways of achieving that. Constantly fluttering in your mind between 'shall I drink today?' and 'shall I not drink today?' could be just a waste of energy for you at this point. You could set yourself an AF goal and just focus on that for the moment?

Whatever you do - good luck....and you'll find lots of support and good ideas here.

Suze
        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

New here....

Hi Whisper & :welcome:

Have you downloaded the book???? Yes the cd's are really good. There is a good mixture of AF & Mods people here so you will get lots of support in whatever you decide .....

Love & Hugs, BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

New here....

Where do you download the book???

I'm still confused as to where everything is.

Thank you all. I think AF is my goal. I actually had 5 years AF at one time.... I think I can do it with help and support.

Thank you all for your warm welcome!
            Renee

Comment

New here....

Hi Renee, If you click on health store at the top of the page, you can click on download pdf, not sure how much it costs these days but certainly not as much as the booze does.

BB xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

New here....

Thank you!!!! :h

Comment

Working...
                X