Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling really down

Hi All

I have just started another Monday feeling really down about myself. I finished work on Friday knowing I would spend the whole weekend drinking. I have no friends the only relationship I have is with alcohol. I would love to be able to drink moderately. I am spending my whole life getting drunk. I know I am missing out on life. I wonder if may be it is best for me to do some AF time and then see if I can drink moderately. I have just bought Kudzu and will start taking this. I really like this site as I feel I am not the only one! I dont know why I feel the need to get drunk. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Best wishes

Dijon xx

Feeling really down

Hi Dijon & :welcome:

It is a good idea to go for 30 AF days before moderating to get all the toxins out of your body and then look at it again with regards to moderating. The supps really do help, and you are right about this site, we all understand exactly how you feel .....

I had counselling for a spell last year and had a really understanding one for the first session, then they gave me an 18 year old who had never had a drink in her entire life .... How could she understand how I felt .... but then I found this place ...... we all truly understand each other ...

All the best in your journey ...
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Feeling really down

Hi Dijon and welcome.
      Sorry you`re feeling low.

You feel the need to get drunk as the drink has become your friend........was mine too........is only too easy to stay home alone, sinking a couple of btls/wine by yourself, turning up the music and you and the vino have a party in full swing.........just the two of you.

Don`t allow the drink to assume the role of your friend any more.........I think you`re drinking to fill voids in your life........you need some real friends.......some good company. Why not start with your work and see if maybe you could get involved in something socially with colleagues, or enrol for an evening class or with a gym?.........anything that gets you out and meeting people.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Feeling really down

HI Starlight Impress

Thanks for that. You have made feel better already!

Dijon xx

Comment

Feeling really down

i know how u feel. i am probablygoing to do a month free before trying to moderate. im in the same boat. im scared.

Comment

Feeling really down

Dijon and Me,

If you read RJ's book, you will discover that a 30 day AF is completely recommended even if you are planning on trying mods versus af in the long run.

I believe a 30 day AF, is a very good idea.

1. It cleans your system out from the alcohol.
            2. It tells you "I can do it."
            3. It gives you time to reflect about what your goals really are.
            4. It gives you time to view life sober, which is a whole different view than drunk!!

Read the book, get started on the supplements because they really are important. They make a big difference. For me, it made this last week AF a breeze compared to last time I tried.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Feeling really down

Hi me145,
              Please don`t be scared........we were all afraid of the unknown.......trust me, a life without alcohol isn`t anywhere near as scary as we anticipate........am 8 wks sober now and don`t regret quitting.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Feeling really down

Me too saying don't be scared.... life is easier sober. Life is also just scary sometimes but everyone here understands and is here for you to support.... I still find it hard to accept the scary times but my 'handling muscles' are getting stronger! Hope yours do too.

Love FMF xx
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Feeling really down

Hey guys. im waiting to speak to my mom, i want to see if the antabuse came to our house. i havent seen it yet, but wasnt sure if i was going to do it definitely untilanother bad night came, and it did. i basically started drinking early in the day at a drinkingrestaurant with my bf on Saturday night and we both felt like just going home to bed but his friends from a different state were coming and we were like ugh, and went out. so i ended up going out after drinking three or four diet coke and rum's, so i was semi drunk even before we went out. At the bars i just got real drunk and was crying for whatever reason, and embarassed myself. there was no specific reason, i just started crying, a few times. i just want to go that month af and i know it will suck but my depression yesterday and today is just horrible, def from so much drinking this weekend.i feel like life is not worth living,and what isthe point, etc. i know alcohol is worsening my depression, but i may not be depressed at all if i stop the drinking like i am. so just have to do it. my self esteem just feels so low right now. hey, thanks for listening!

Comment

Feeling really down

Hi Dijon and Me. Dijon, you say you dont have any friends? Dont feel bad, I dont have many friends either! But you know what...You have some people on here who can become your friends, and who want the very best for you.
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Feeling really down

(((Dijon, Me))))

Let's do this together! Day 1 AF:l

Comment

Feeling really down

I can relate Dijon and me. I think it is a good idea to do the AF before trying to moderate; I tried mods last week and it didn't work for me. So, this is a new week and I'm going AF one week at a time. For some reason committing to 30 days makes me uneasy because if I slip, I know I'll be very hard on myself and go back to overdrinking. That doesn't mean I'm giving myself permission to drink after the week, it's just a way of accomplishing small steps and gaining confidence to do another week, and another etc...We're all in the same boat, many of us don't have friends and alcohol becomes that crazy friend. We can do this, I know it because many people here have a lot of AF day under their belt and that gives me hope. Hope to hear how you're doing.
                        :huggy
                        "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people" ~ Jennifer Beals

Comment

Feeling really down

Bettelove,

Good idea on not looking too far ahead. That stopped me for months!!

In reality, even a week can be daunting.

It does seem corny but ODAT (one day at a time) does seem to work pretty well. It seems we can master that idea. I can get through today. I can get through this hour. I can get through this 10 minute craving.

Looking down the road at a lifetime? No way!!

btw, :welcome:

Good luck on AF and take care,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                          X