Struggling big time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling big time.

I've got no excuses, none at all. Apart from the fact theres been too many changes in my life in too short a time but even then I look around me and there's people a lot worse off.
    Tomorrow is going to be day 1 for me. No longterm plans, just to the weekend and lets take it from there, anyone else up for thise 4+ day AF goal???

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Struggling big time.

Here`s to your renewed commitment, Janice.

Wishing you all the best,
    Starlight Impress x

Comment

Struggling big time.

Janice,

Even though I am on a 30 day AF thread with Amelia and company, I will join with you because this week will be my first week in a hotel since going AF.

I am scared, nervous, and anxious about it.

So, if you will hang with me, I will hang with you. I will need all the help I can get, too!!

(I have a really hard time passing up the hotel bar....)

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Struggling big time.

good luck Cindi, and Starlight - well, you're a star!!
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Struggling big time.

Hi Janice

Have missed you on the newbie thread. I'm on the 30 day mission but am struggling these days as the memory of hangovers receed so I'll join you on getting through a day at a time.

Best wishes

Rustop

Comment

Struggling big time.

Am with you Guys!!! xxx

Comment

Struggling big time.

you can count me in.
              :huggy
              "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people" ~ Jennifer Beals

Comment

Struggling big time.

Bettelove,

Alright!!

We've got a good group here and a small doable goal.

Thanks guys, we can do this!!

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Struggling big time.

I think I can manage to join this one since I am on the master cleanse and not touching wine or food other than lemonade with maple syrup.
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Struggling big time.

I'm with you guys too. Fell backwards again yesterday and had 2 drinks after work.
                    On Day 1 AF again today.
                    Good luck and good thoughts to all

Comment

Struggling big time.

I am certainly with you! I had my first sober Sunday in years yesterday. Im really really trying to do this...and it seems to be working! Im feeling really good and positive, and I really really seem to WANT it this time. Im on day 4 so far...
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Struggling big time.

Hi Janice

I am just wondering... after this stint...

Have you ever tried abstaining on weekdays? It isn't a perfect solution but it does make for a big improvement. And you don't have the never again frustration. You do have the hangovers but much fewer of them.

Comment

Struggling big time.

Hi! I'm new here and would love the support. Tomorrow will by my day 1. I tried tonight and failed miserably. Wish me luck!

Comment

Struggling big time.

Hi Mokigirl

Forget about last night [it's 6.41am here ;-) ]

It's ok to start again

Not easy this lark! We're all in the same boat different hours on different days.

Some of the people here are a great inspiration with tens of days AF and hundreds of days AF, others are just as much inspiration cos they are never afraid to come here on a Day One and say 'I'm on Day One again who's with me?'

Hugs

B

Comment

Struggling big time.

Thanks Phoenix! I just keep wondering when this happened to me. When did I change from being a normal person who drank sometimes (sometimes too much) on the weekends to someone who thinks about drinking all day long? Anyway, I know I can do this. I've recently gone 3 days AF and I found the first day was the hardest. Now I know I can go longer... I just need to get rid of the triggers. Talking to my mom, walking through the door after a long day, watching my husband pour a drink... those are all really hard to get through. Any tips? I wish there were some magic tablet that would make me disconnect myself from the way all of those things make me feel, especially my husband pouring himself a drink in front of me.

:thanks: Moki

Comment

Working...
                              X