Flabby Flip Flops Further

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may have guess that I am struggling with my weight a bit, and to be perfectly honest, I have done since early adulthood. I wouldn?t describe myself as a yo-yo dieter, but I have gained and lost weight 3 times over 20 years. Mostly I?ve been overweight.

I currently weigh 100kg (220lb) -give or take a kilo depending on what time of the day I weigh myself or if I?ve taken a dump, and I?m 164cm (5?4?). I put on at least 10 ? 15 kg of this through drinking.

I know this is stupid, but I thought that I might actually lose some weight when I stopped drinking. Well, that was a disappointment! While I feel heaps better, and look better, I haven?t lost a gram! I know this is from eating way to much and eating the wrong stuff. I never used to eat a lot of sweet stuff, but now I am just on a sugar spiral.

I WANT to lose weight. I know HOW to lose weight. I?ve already started climbing a mountain 3-4 times a week (1.5 hours up and down), and my fitness is greatly improved. But still, I eat too much crap!

I?ve finally taken the plunge and bought L-Glut and Chromium, as recommended, as well as a multivitamin.

So far today I?ve been ok, but Dog, its only lunchtime!

Please give me words of wisdom, encouragement, whatever you can. I must not die a fat old lady who can?t throw her leg over her motorbike!
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

well, I would suggest finding a more flattering photo of yourself for starters.. I know when I am trying to lose weight I put on my fridge a look I like, not a disgusting one. Sorry. But a reality sandwhich is sometimes in order.
    Hanging on!

Comment

On top of the above sage advice I would also consider going CF (Crap Free). I also have a bit of wine flab to lose (okay, a fair bit) and as I am coming out of the honeymoon phase of being AF I will be looking for ways to motivate myself to get on with it.

I am like you Flip, I know exactly how to do it ........it's just the doing it.

Words of encouragement? Well...... you gave up the booze, so here's to your next great adventure - losing the weight!!!

Comment

HAHAHA, you don't really think that is me in my avatar do you? What a hoot!!! lol

Comment

Flip, don't disillusion the poor girl!

Comment

Flip - don't worry about your lovely pic... we all know the camera adds at least 10 pounds. May I suggest you actually place your left leg on the footrest? I think the angle of the bent knee would add some length and give the illusion of streamlining your leg. Just a thought. You do have lovely hair.

Comment

The going Crap Free is the best advice so far.... Nearly 4pm and I'm still CF.

Comment

You don't think my heels will get in the way do you? what if the bike compresses under my weight?

Comment

I think you'll be ok. I think your voluminous bosom will counter-balance any pegging that may occur due to the stiletto heels. The Archimedean upthrust will ensure that any imbalance caused by bosom fluids will be counteracted by thigh fluid retention in the form of cellulite.

I'm not 100% certain though ... Btw - what shampoo do you use??

Comment

I would guess Pantene.

Yup, definately Pantene Pro-V.

It has to be.

Comment

Because I'm worth it!

Comment

Yes you are Flippy.

Now, on a serious note..... good luck for tonight re being CF. Be strong and just say NO to Crap. Then eat it.

No, I'm being flippant Flip. Be brave and strong. Take one day at a time. Baby steps.

Comment

CF seems sad to me. If you're CF - how can you complete your daily Sudoku puzzle?

Comment

I'm PROUD to say, yes PROUD, that I have NEVER done a suduko puzzle.

Neither have I ever seen a star wars film. And I never, ever, ever will.

But not doing that didn't make my body balloon to the size of an elephant.

Comment

OK. I'll just shut up and pull my head in.

Comment

Working...
                              X