OK, where to now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, where to now?

Alright, I've almost made it past day 2 AF. I had been drinking daily for the past 15+ years. Two years ago I made it almost 3 wks "sober", but was still hiding drinking from my wife. This weekend I made a complete ass out of my self over what coulda been a minor issue (again!!). After 2 days of soul searching I decided I had to change for my wife and family.
    For the most part I'm OK I work alot and don't have time to think about it (or the withdrawl) when I'm working. Home is another story..... Last night I sat here refreshing the page waiting for a reply.... The first night's sleep sure was fun!!! Today after work the tension is insane!!! I feel like sh*t and don't know how to focus. I keep hearing a voice that if I just had ONE drink it would take the edge off and make quitting easier.... I made it past last night, but am starting to wear thin.... I might have gotten 2-3 hours of sleep.....

Any ideas???

Thanks all,
    Bummn

OK, where to now?

Do whatever it takes to NOT have another drink, it will only prolong these feelings. Walk, run, do something - ANYTHING to take your mind off it.

Tell that voice to shut the F#$K UP!

You're in charge here, not that bloody beast that lives in the bottle. It's ONLY an addiction and you can make it go away.

Tell me Bummn, what can you do NOW to take your mind of it?
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

OK, where to now?

Right now I'm gonna go to the store.... Drive around for a bit and get the heck outta the house as I just need a change of scenery.... I

Comment

OK, where to now?

Hi there

I hope you listen to our wise Flip.

Can you try Chat to keep yourself occupied?

Also, there are things that can help with sleep, like the natural aid melatonin (look for rapid release

Don't give up.

Comment

OK, where to now?

Don't go anywhere near the alcohol store/aisle!!

Go buy something you really like to eat and a magazine on a topic of your choice.

Comment

OK, where to now?

The Beast wants you to go to the store. Who's in charge here? You or the Beast. It's really that simple.
            Don

Comment

OK, where to now?

Chief;200645 wrote: The Beast wants you to go to the store. Who's in charge here? You or the Beast. It's really that simple.
              Don
              Actually it was my wife who wanted me to go, ya must have met her on a bad day before...:H I just needed to get out drive and crank the radio with the windows down! Did walk past the beer aisle, but right now I'm too jittery to even think straight enough to get it if that was my intent!
              Right now I don't know what is worse the mental or physical..... The jitters and this damn headache are killing me, but the urge to mix a stiff drink to stop the damn shakes is even worse....

Thanks for the support everyone! I'll keep in touch...

Comment

OK, where to now?

Actually it was my wife who wanted me to go, ya must have met her on a bad day before
                At least you still have your sense of humour! That was funny!!

You walked past the beer isle! That was a big thing to do feeling the way you're feeling. It's great that you did!

I don't really know what else to say except hang on in there, it will get better.

Comment

OK, where to now?

If the withdrawals get too bad go straight to the hospital ok. Don't think you are too tough and you can deal with this without help. And DON'T have another drink as it puts you right back where you started, and you deserve better than that.

Comment

OK, where to now?

Flip, Blue & Chief,
                    Thanks!! I'm going to try to get some sleep and remember tomorrow is another day!

Comment

OK, where to now?

Night Bummn,

Check in tomorrow. We'll be here.

Comment

OK, where to now?

Bumm, waiting to hear how your day went. Sending LOTS of hugs, and the reminder to listen to Aunt Flip-she has got it goin, and has your best interests in mind Keep posting!!!!
                        Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

OK, where to now?

How are you doing, Bummn? Hang on in there.......things will get better. The sleep disturbance can be awful but you can try stuff (melatonin, herbs like passiflora etc).....in the end, though, you may have to accept physical discomforts in the first days. But it's worth it to get yourself up to that state where it starts getting easier because you start feeling the payoff. If that makes sense. I couldn't sleep at all in the first week AF....amazingly I am currently sleeping like a baby, at Day 38.....better than I can remember!

Nothing can be worse than messing your one and only life up by being a drunk.
                          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

OK, where to now?

Today was a great day! Actually got a few hours of quality sleep last night (thanks Tylenol PM!!). Have been off for for about an hour and the thoughts are still there, but nowhere as bad as it was yesterday!! This S/B day 3 AF if all goes well!!

Thanks for the support and an activity to keep my mind off of th booze!!!

Comment

OK, where to now?

Great job bummn! The first few days are the roughest. Keep at er'. You sound a lot more calm today.

Comment

Working...
                              X