DAY 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAY 12

My wife and I talked for three hours tonight. My sell phone died. Thats a first. We both both laughed. Words cannot describe how much I love my wife, She is my best friend. We talked about staying sober and the work ahead. We are both getting the help we need and expect some bumbs along the way. I know I can never drink again ever never. We talked about how drugs and alcohol ruined our sex life hurt our trust and wanting to run away. Iam so happy she is talking to me we found out tonight how much we have in common, Its is an unexpected warmth, peace, hope and the feeling of being loved I did not expect so early in recovery. I changed my mood to In love. Iam still worried and very sad I cannot be with family. Iam afraid of relapse and I want to work as hard as I can so that never happins. I can never drink or take any kind of drugs again. Knowing that my wife loves me is the greatest feeling in the world I know because tonight she told me so!!! Please keep praying for my family. Thank you guys for all you support and prayers. I hope my story brings happiness to all of you in some way. There is a better way to live. Iam so excited about seeing my my wife in about 3 monthes if Iam lucky depending on court hearing oct 10. I feel like teenager waiting for his first date. I wish you could all be there to see us......Sort of ha ha ha ha. I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN. ECHOME

DAY 12

That's absolutely lovely! Stay strong. Let the good man come back.

You cannot and will not drink again.

Comment

DAY 12

Echome - I am so happy for you and so agree with Tawny.

Love FMFxx
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

DAY 12

Me too Echo, you are a changed man already. This is not the same man that turned up here 12 days ago so desperate we worried he would take his life. What an amazing achievement. You are a hero!

It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

DAY 12

WOW echo ..... You really are an amazing man ....... Well done ....

sigpicXXX

Comment

DAY 12

Absolutely awesome, Echo. You inspire me!

Rob2
            Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.--- Dale Carnegie

Comment

DAY 12

Echome,

You and your wife are two amazing people. Love will conquer!! :h

You cannot and will not drink again!!

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

DAY 12

Echome, you sound great and I am so happy for you and your family. I wish you all the best.

You cannot and will not drink again!!
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

DAY 12

Echo, you are doing great. I'm so glad that you've made such progress and it sounds like you wife is as well. You sound determined. Just think of your family if you are tempted to pick up a drink.

:l
                  Marcie

Comment

DAY 12

Wonderful thread! Your wife must be so proud of you...and we're proud of you too!

Stay on track.....I'm sure you can reach your goal, especially with the support of that wonderful woman who loves you :h

Suze
                    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

DAY 12

Good job - you are doing amazing. We are all here to support you through this wonderful journey!

Jen
                      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

DAY 12

ECHOME,

I've been keeping you in my prayers! I am so happy for you that you had a great converstation with your wife. You've made awesome progress.

tc

Comment

DAY 12

Your post nearly brought tears to my eyes. Life is changing for you!!! Rejoice!

Let it echo through the days and the world...
                          Hallelujah!!
                          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

DAY 12

Thanks guys. I now have some assignments to complete for my first part of rehab. They are pretty tuff stuff. Going back years in detail on how I have hurt friends family, work, my sex life ooooooooohh that will shock a few people. Honesty and faith will help me get through this very dificult part. I need to find a friend to tell my life story and be totaly honest and open about all my short comings. The key is I cannot tell somthing to someone that will hurt them. My wife who is my best friend and someone I trust with my life will hear my story. I have not done anything that will cause her much pain or jeperdize or relationship. However it is going to be open honest and very embarassing. ECHOME I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN

Comment

DAY 12

Embarrassing/Shmembarassing....Don't even worry about it. At the end of the day, LOVE conquers all. Stay strong my dear!
                              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                              - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X