Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Stop Drink

Dear Members,
    I have just joined MWO. I have a drinking problem for last several years and it is increasing day by day. i tried to stop so many times but never succeeded. Earlier I use to drink 2 times a day i.e.at afternoon and at night time almost 3/4 bottle per day now I stopped drinking at afternoon time except on satarday and sunday however i am getting hevy depression,frastration, feel like leaving the job,mentally distrubued my family is also getting distrubed because of my drink two years beck i attended one meeting of AA but thereafter i never went there i was serching various sites to find if i can get some help to solve my drinking problem i saw this site and gone through many postings and got some hope that i will get help from you all to come out of this alcoholic problem please help me

thanks.

How to Stop Drink

Hello Dilip and :welcome:

This is a good place to be. You'll get loads of support from people all over the world who are in the same boat, rowing against the ugly tide of booze. Most of us started by reading RJ's book and then deciding which path to take.

I look forward to 'seeing you around'

Comment

How to Stop Drink

Hi Dilip, and welcome.

Tawny is right, a great place to start is RJ's book and then getting a handle on the program and working out how you want it to work for you. You will get support and advice from the members anytime you ask for it (and even when you dont!).

You do need to control your drinking if it's affecting your life and family.

We have all been in similar places at one time or another, so don't be afraid to reach out.
      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

How to Stop Drink

HI Dilip :welcome: to MWO ...

As the others have said, download the book, keep reading and posting here and you will get all the support that you need.

You CAN do this .......
        sigpicXXX

Comment

How to Stop Drink

Thank You Dear Members, Please tell me on which website this Rj'Books are available for downloads.

regards.

Comment

How to Stop Drink

Go right to the top of this page and there's a tab which says "Health Store". You can download it for free from there.
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

How to Stop Drink

Hello Dear members,
              after joining AF yesrterday was my first day to stop drink.I did not drink in the after noon and after my office hours i.e after 5.30 p.m. I strait away went home I was getting temption to dring there after I started getting headache and thirst in the throut I was feeling very uneasy and ultimatley I went to the Bar at around at 8.15 p.m and drank 180m.l of liguir. I did not feel any gultiness in morning However I have decided to day again to go home straite away and try to avoid drink.pl.davice further.

regards

Comment

How to Stop Drink

Hello again Dilip,

Good job on not drinking in the afternoon or after work. What is your ultimate plan? Do you wish to completely stop drinking or to cut right down? Did you download and read the book? There is so much very good information in there.

Comment

How to Stop Drink

thank you tawny,
                  I am so much addicted that cutting down or reducing quantity will not help i have to stop completely.I have tried yesterday downloading the book but as it was told by Flip it is not free download since i am foreigner i have to see how to make payment and all

regards

Comment

How to Stop Drink

Hello again Dilip

Just a thought - you may consider starting a new thread in the "Just Starting Out" section of this forum to introduce yourself. That is a very active part of MWO where many new people ask questions and receive a lot of answers. You would get a lot of replies and help almost immediately from a great bunch of people.

This part 'Long Term Abstainers' is generally fairly quiet with not very much activity. As I said - it's just a thought - you're very welcome here.

Comment

How to Stop Drink

Hi Dilip,

I've been in shoes that are similar to the ones you're in now. While I'm not sure there is going to be an answer that fits everyone the same way, I can tell you some of what worked for me.

I needed to understand for myself that the alcohol problem was a symptom of another problem. That you mention you're depressed may indicate you are the same way. This said, it takes a great deal of courage to quit drinking and that IS the first and very important step. I too decided I needed to quit entirely.

A few encouraging things for you is that you can do it, as many of the people here have. And you can begin to experience a lifting of that monkey off your back. Don't be afraid to use your support systems also. Friends, counseling, this forum, etc. I've used them all.

Best of luck and welcome to the forums. Stick around, keep reading, and when you're feeling down come back and read and post your thoughts.
                      Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
                      Tomorrow never comes.

Comment

How to Stop Drink

thanks twany,pl.tell me how to go to "Just Starting Out" section.

regards

Comment

How to Stop Drink

Dilip - I have just sent you a PM to explain. You should receive it shortly.

regards

Comment

Working...
                          X