Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if......

What if I could break the cycle?
    What if I could wake up remembering the night before?
    What if I could quit hiding my drinking...or atleast thought I was?
    What if my kids could be proud of me?
    What if I was the kind of mom I used to be?
    What if I didn't inventory my alcohol to make sure I had enough?
    What if I wasn't afraid to quit?
    What if I could find the strength?
    What if I could be free?
    What if alcohol was a pleasure not a need?
    What would it be like to be whole again?

Glad I found this site but scared to death......does it really work...all the natural products...scared of topa....

Help....

What if......

Millie you CAN do this ......

What can we do to help you??
    sigpicXXX

Comment

What if......

:new: I loved the What Ifs! Sounds like my mantra. I am new here myself and just love what I am reading. I sent away for the book, kudzu and Topamax. I know in my heart that this will work. Everyone here seems to have a great testimony!
      :new:

Comment

What if......

Hi Redgal :welcome: to MWO .....

This place is amazing, read and learn, pick the bits that you like and give it a go ....

Look forward to seeing you around ....
        sigpicXXX

Comment

What if......

Hi Redgal-

I found this site this morning, so I can't endorse the program, but I like everything I've heard, but I'd really like to share one thing - I was completely cynical about meds and couldn't imagine a day without alcohol that wasn't a minute-by-minute torment. My doctor (whom I largely regard as a dweeb with a script pad) prescribed Campral. 3 weeks later I sit here on a Friday not worried at all about drinking tonight or all weekend. I really never thought I could feel this way.

I DO feel that long term success involves exercise, nutrition and support, so I like what I've read here and I think I'll try the whole program, but I hope I can leave you with this one thought: you can gain a toe-hold and get started, just as you are and right now. Take you as you are right now and add some meds. No harm in trying. Fear of not having enough strength and will-power kept me from doing anything for years. I wish I had done something years ago.

Well done reaching out. Remember that you did that when you wake up tomorrow.

All the Best

Comment

What if......

Sobriety doesn't make me smarter

I meant to address my reply to Millie. Excuse the boo-boo. Millie, your what-ifs are beautiful.

-d

Comment

What if......

12many :welcome: to MWO,

Your first post is so positive, so glad that you have got the help that you need. You are a walking advert for campral ....

Look forward to seeing more of your posts ...........
              sigpicXXX

Comment

What if......

Millie: I can't tell you how many slips I've had & how ashamed I was...until I came here. It's been an up & down road here at MWO too, but there is no judgementalism at all. I feel more hope for sobriety than I've had in many a year. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

What if......

Millie, Welcome

You can wake up feeling good!
                  You can have freedom!
                  You can have all the things you want!

I am glad you found your way here and it is scary at first. I think it's more scary wondering where we will end up if we don't get the drinking under control though. We are all here with you.
                  I wish you all the best!!
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

What if......

If you really want to stop the madness of habitual drinking and start enjoying life again, you have just hit the lotto! Read the book, order the supps and cd's and make a committment to embrace the program and give it 100%. Keep reading and posting here and all of us will help you change your life. I'm on Day 49 AF and couldn't be happier. This site and the MWO program are a godsend. You have to want it and work at it, we can't do it for you, but we can sure help! Welcome..
                    Don

Comment

What if......

Hi to all of the Newbies!!! I'm about to celebrate 10 months sober, so be heartened that it IS achievable and you CAN have the life you want. Just get out there and grab it with both hands and don't let go!
                      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

What if......

As you change the "What ifs" to actions, you will begin to answer the last question in your list.

I'm only in the middle of a 30 day AF plan, but I feel awakened and yes, whole. The good feeling I have most every day is providing momentum. This place is wonderful!

This has been posted before, but it is worth repeating: The fear of quitting is powerful, but in retrospect I think it is more stressful than the actual quitting. Prepare yourself and give it a go. You CAN do it.

Comment

What if......

Hi Millie,

There are quite a few of us on here don't do Topa. I began by reading the book, buying the supplements and exercising.

You can do it. Give it a go.
                          Enough is enough

Comment

Working...
                          X