X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please, I am confused

:new:

Hi,

I am really sorry if I am sounding really thick here!!

I couldn?t wait for the book so I downloaded it this morning and have skimmed it but read the chapter about supplements.

I am really confused!!

The book mentions:

Adrafinil
    Olmifon
    Vit B **
    Vit C
    Magnesium **
    Zinc
    Chronium
    L-Glutamine
    Kudzu **
    Evening Primrose **
    Milk Thistle **
    Calms **
    All in one powder.

My understanding is you take the all in one powder AND the ones starred above.

My local health food shop doesn?t sell the All in one powder recommended.

SO ? do I buy all the other stuff and take it?

Can I overdose on any of it?

I really want to get on with this and go and buy all the stuff tomorrow so anyone that can offer me any advice I would be really grateful.

:thanks:

Hi Newjen,

I am from the UK too and my healthfood store didn't sell the Allone either. However, they were more than happy to look it up on their computers and order it in for me.
    That may be easier for you? Plus you won't have to swallow so many pills

Or you could pay by credit card and order it from the MWO site.....
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Thanks Amelia,

I am going to order it BUT because I want to start this weekend I need to know what to take instead. I dont want to use not being able to get the things I need as an excuse to drink (if you know what I mean!!)

Comment

Newjen, When I started I ordered the Starter Pack, L-Glut, and the 4 cd set and that was all I needed. No additional meds. I followed the MWO program by the book, was on here everyday reading and posting and I made it with everyone's help and my 100% committment. You can do the same thing.
        In the meantime, if the only thing you are lacking is the allone powder you could start the program taking a good multivitamin, a B complex, and vitamin c. I would order the starter pack from this site though as everything has been tested and the quality and dosage are uniform. The kudzu and l-glut really help with cravings in the beginning. The first 3-5 days are the hardest physically but it's nothing you can't get through.
        Welcome to MWO and here's to a new AF life for you...
        Don

Comment

Hey Newjen,
          I have not started the program yet but read the book and found all the supplements listed on Buy Discount Vitamins, Supplements, Low Carb and More at www.Vitacost.com - the ALL ONE Powder is 1/2 the price because you get a 66 day supply for $39.
          OK50

Comment

do what makes you feel comfortable. I ordered it from this site for now, but in reading all the posts, I may go less expensive next time... either way... it is not the only thing that will get you to your goal.... it only makes it easier if you are willing to let it work for you... good luck.. deb
            :sigh:

Comment

Best bet, read the book first. If you are wanting not to drink this weekend, likely not gonna happen. It takes some planning time and organizing time to get all the stuff together. Right now, probably don't have enough arsenal on board to stop the craving. From what I read in the book, it is not an overnight type of situation/program. Take it slow. You can get the book on amazon.com for $12

Comment

something for the weekend!

Newjen, its good to hear from you again. Get yourself down to Holland & Barrett - they stock kudzu (its not meant to be as good as MWO but it will help) and l-glutamine which will help with the cravings over the weekend and keep you going should you decide to order from this site or wherever and have to wait a while.

I also take vit c, evenining primrose, milk thistle.

keep posting!

Janicexxx
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newjen,

In actual fact - it is entirely possible to do this without any of the supplements / meds.

That is what I - and several others on here - have done.

Only after many months here of fairly successful moderation I did try Kudzu out odf interest (Holland and Barrett - I'm in UK too) and TBH it DID seem to help with cravings. But I only ever used it about four times in all.

So - I guess what I am saying is - If you want to stop drinking ASAP just go for it - If you really find you are struggling - get the supplements and / or meds - but - you could always give it a try without them and see how it goes (or until your stuff eventually arrives at least!)

Good Luck

Love

Satori
                  xxx
                  "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
                  X