Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Newbies in need ODAT

Good morning everyone

Hope you all got through last night ok. I always find the week-ends the hardest. Last night was no different, I had to talk myself through quite a few drinks!! I'm only a day from achieving my 30 Day target so that thought kept me going. Its wasnt as if hubby was even there enjoying his glass of wine, the thoughts kept coming into my head.

My daughter had to be at a hockey match at 8.30 am this morning so for that reason alone I was glad that I had not given in. Today is wet and grey but I have had my walk with the doggies and plan to watch a dvd tonight as hubby is away fishing for the week-end. Hope the week-end is going well for everyone.

Rustop

Hi Rustop, and all to come. I'm doing well at the moment, almost 30 days for me too.
    Weekends can be the hardest part, but as I'm working 1 to 9pm sat/sun this week I
    Should be ok.
    Best wishes everyone.
    Paula.

Comment

Congratulations Rustop and Paula! Meeting your 30 day goal is awesome! Be proud of yourselfs. I agree, the weekend is always hard, especially when you have the weekend off, and in my case, not a whole lot planned. I did drink last night, out of frusteration at my job, but I just caught a small buzz, and then due to having a cold as well, I just ended up going home. Im actually doing pretty well this week, meaning I had alot of AF days, and the days I did drink, didnt get wasted. Oh well, just got to keep plugging away. Have a happy weekend guys!
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hi Everyone: 30 days! Good for you. I think when you reach 30 days, you know you can do anything you put your mind to. I was fine last night at the birthday party for our friend. He's a recovering alcoholic, & there was no booze. That makes for quite a different party. We ate, opened presents, & played a party game. It was fun, & the party didn't break up in the wee hours w/everyone a little bleary-eyed. There's more weekend ahead, & I'll be extra careful, because Sundays can be my downfall. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Just read yesterday's ODAT thread. Chief, I love your suggestion of going from the romantic first drink to the gruesome reality of me drinking. Janice, do whatever works for you. ODAT works for me on a daily basis, but I know in my heart that AF for life is what I must do. I can't drink like a normal person. Good luck. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Happy weekend everyone.
            I stayed AF on Friday night! Though I have to admit, if my daughter had not been home with me I might have caved. I was fine til about 10pm then WHAM cravings bowled me over, I got real bitchy and wanted a drink bad. But there was none in the house and I wasn't about to drag my kid out to get some. Then this morning I got up and cleaned the house before 9 am - ha! when did I ever do that on a Saturday??
            So that makes 4 consecutive days AF. '

Last night my mind was telling me it is okay to just drink on the nights my daugther is with her dad (2/wk) as long as I'm AF all other nights and when I do drink it's only a single bottle of wine or one 6-pack. Hmm... if I could drink HALF a bottle of wine those nights, I"d be fine with that. But since I have yet to be able to do that, I don't think it's okay.
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Hi everyone, just checking in. Not had a good few days, but Monday 1st October I'll be here ready to make a new commitment. Next week I'll be home alone - both my kids will have gone to uni and my husbands away all week. I will have all the time and space in the world to drink myself silly but I can't allow myself to do that. If I have one drink on Monday that will be it.....the downward slope for the rest of the week. I have got to stop it right now. Monday is going to be a turning point. First day of a new month. It would have been dad's birthday on Wed 3rd and I will find that hard but I have got to be positive. I can't allow myself to drink, I will just sit, cry and feel sorry for myself, my dad and everything that has happened. I owe it to myself first and foremost, my husband, my kids and my special dad. I will not end up like mam, Dad. I will not put my family through what we have all gone through. Please help me to be stronger than what I have been. May and June I was strong then I lost it totally in July. August & September I have tried to control my drinking when not trying to be AF but I feel as if I'm on the "edge". I can either go one way or the other at the moment. Tomorrow we are taking my son to uni, the house is going to feel so empty without my kids. A new part of our lives.........a new start.
              Sorry for rambling on......Janicexxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Janice, I feel for you, I cant imagine having to be alone at the moment – PM me if you want to chat.

HUGS ((( )))

Comment

WOW Everyone is doing so well!!!!!!

Janice.......it's your time now don't you think? Kids are out of the house, what do you want to do? I'm an orphan, you're in my thoughts.

tree ~our brains can be wicked, can't they. Good for you.

30 days coming up...........:thumbs: Over, I hope you're feeling better, the kennel cough we had was nasty too.

Mary, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, you can do this. Newjen, how are you doing?

m. xx
                  ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                  I am in the next seat.
                  My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Janice
                    Hang in there and I'll be there for you. Both of my children live in other states. It's hard, I know. I will be thinking of you. Be strong and remember one day is all we ever have.

Comment

Working...
                    X