Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of my life

Hi everyone, :new:

I went to the Health food shop today and bought all the supplements and took them as soon as I came home. I am reading the book I downloaded last night and am SO inspired. When I went shopping I only bought 1 bottle instead of the usual 2 ? a first in years!!

I am going to speak to my GP about Topa in case I cant do it on supplements alone. She is really lovely and very supportive and I am pretty sure if I take the research to show her she will be open to it.

I want it so bad, I can taste it!!

I am going to have my first AF day tomorrow. It will be the first day of the rest of my life.

Best wishes to all of you

Hi newjen -

It's a wonderful, positive and exciting feeling, isn't it? Keep reading and posting and hold that "I want it so bad, I can taste it!!" thought.

You can do this.

Comment

Yay, Newjen! Your name reminds me of mine. "Moki" means "dearly departed one" and that's the old me. I feel like a new person after just a few days, and you will too! Congrats! Just a change of mindset is an amazing feeling.

I bought a punching bag yesterday, and last night I punched the cr$p out of it, thinking of all the things that influenced my drinking. It was wonderful therapy.

On top of the supplements, maybe go out and get a great haircut, or buy some new clothes or running shoes... something to celebrate the "new you." You have so much to look forward to.

See you on the posts!

Comment

Mokigirl, I love the thought of the punch bag. I bought a small one for my eldest when he was having trouble with his emotions and it really worked, think I may give it a go! I am not big on excercise so that may be a good substitute.

I am hoping to join chat tomorrow night if I need to.

Comment

Hi Newjen, welcome to MWO! Not sure if you'll get topa in the UK but you can definitely get campral. My mam gets it and it definitely helps with the cravings. When I joined MWO at the end of April I threw myself into the programme apart from the medication. I did everything else, all the vits/supplements, exercise, the hypno cds, regular posting on here several times a day, healthy eating and did 42 AF days no problem then I decided to try moderating. I made a conscious decision to start drinking again at 6wks. I didn't slip, I planned it. Then my dad died and then I did slip. Since then I feel as if I've been on a roller coaster, up and down. What a fool I was to let those 42 well earned AF days slip away. The longest I've gone since then has been 14days. I think I mentioned in another of your threads, that I too am from Kent. I wish you lots of luck with the programme and look forward to following your progress. Best wishes, Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Janice, I identify with your slip, I think my problem became a problem when my dad died in 1995.

I gave up smoking in 2004 and then last year my best friends mum died which bought back all the memories from when my mum died and I went to pieces. The afterwards was in a pub and it was so hard not to drink (never drink before kids are in bed) so I had a fag – 13 months on now wish I had had that drink!!

I am in Folkestone, where are you?

Comment

Hello Moki, newjen and Janice.....hey, South East girls like me!!! (Was Surrey/West Sussex.) Tawny - my great gran was from Toowoomba, Queensland.....that OK?!?!?!

You're all sounding so upbeat and I wish you the very best... I like the idea of a punchbag - or would have done...I realise now I kind of feel feelings without them turning to anger as often...as often being the opertaive words!!! When they do....hmmm!

And I cannot imagine what I will be like when my Pa dies....86 now and a nasty rellationship all my life....but I still worship him deep down (?!) and have no doubt that it will be awful with all the regrests of what it could have been........ So, am aware of that and on I go! But I think of you in your sadness at memories...

Love, hugs and strength to you in your journey...
              FMF xx
              :heart: c: :heart:
              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hey FMF - yep, that makes you an honorary Aussie.

I spent 3 years in the UK and lived in Surrey, Essex and Sussex.... that OK?

My best wishes to you all.

Comment

Hey Newjen, just reading your post from yesterday. This is your first AF day today. Sending you lots of energy and positivity. Keep on saying to yourself, ' I can do this and I will!'. Best of luck and keep us posted.
                  x
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
                  X