Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Newbies in need ODAT

Good morning everyone

Well its the last day of the month and I have achieved my 30 Day AF goal so I am feeling good. It's not the first time so I am not complacent. I know I was not successful at moderation and really need to be AF forever. The thought still scares me so I am taking it in stages. 30 Day goal, sometimes ODAT, now another 30 Day goal. 90 Day goal there in the back of my mind but am not dwelling on it too much.

I remember the first morning I went into the drink tracker in September to put in the magic 0, the month seemed to stretch on endlessly in front of me. Now I look back on all those 0's and I feel such a sense of achievement. I went into the archives and looked at other months and found that before my 30 continious AF days I had had 42 days AF since January. This is from somebody who drank at least one bottle of wine a day, sometimes more, for the last 13 years. Things are looking up and all because of MWO, thank you RJ. Hope this encourages some of you newer newbies. :welcome:

Mary I am thinking of you today, stay strong. You will get through it and we are all there to support you.

Janice, I set the 1st September as my start date. Look at it as being an advantage having the house to yourself. Do you do the cd's? They can be quite time consuming but relaxing when you get into them. Use this time to pamper yourself and keep on coming here and joining in. I spend hours on the computer.

MOW, well done on Friday night. I know exactly how you felt. I went through the same thing but it was worth it Saturday morning.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Rustop

Ru and all to come,

So amazing how fast that 30 days seemed to fly by Ru! I am pulling for AF Oct, myself, so let's see if we can do this.

Mary, I will be thinking of you while I do the Sunday dinner thing. I will be sipping my AF Beer and watching the Broncos and sending positive thoughts your way!! Our Sundays are tough for us but at the end of the day it is so worth it to be sober. I especially love being able to stick all evening with the grandkids and not worry about slurring my words or acting silly.

Everyone else, have a relaxing Sunday. Tomorrow is a super Monday, the fresh start of a new week and a new month. Yippee!!

:h
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I hope it is ok for me to jion in your newbie thread. I have been reading your posts for months and feel like I know you all. I never really felt like I should post since I could not be a positive influence on others. However today i am 7 days AF. This is after years of drinking daily. Hiding cans, sneaking, lying and feeling guilty everyday. I only hope that I can keep this up and continue to feel proud instead of guilty. I want you all to know how much I appreciate your honesty (good and bad). I have been in a relationship where I have been lied to for years and years. Sometimes I think that is why I told myself it was ok at to sneak and lie myself. Maybe in some strange way it was a payback. But from know on this is about me and my well being. I have two kids who deserve only the best. One away at college, but I have alot to make up to him.
      Hope you all have agreat AF Sunday and I hope to stay strong as well.
      Patti

Comment

Congratulations Rustop on your 30 day goal achieved. Welcome to Time to change, and 7 days AF is a GREAT start. Well, its a beautiful Sunday morning, and I fell into my old patterns on Saturday. I need to just stay more busy I guess. Well, Im not going to drink today, and am looking forward to a new week and a new month. One day at a time.
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Rustop: I am so proud of you. 30 days is a really big achievement. I love that you know how valuable your sobriety is. Thank you so much for starting today. I really value this thread.

Today, I will not drink. I have AF plans that I'm going to carry through. I haven't been thinking of drinking, but if I do, I have all my gruesome images in my head to counteract the false romantic ones.

Thank you all for being there. Cindi, aren't we lucky to have wonderful families. Grandkids give so much unconditional love. Alcohol only blocks that. Love, Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Congrats Rustop! Good Job and you are right on the money about not getting complacent. 30 days is a great achievement but is small in the big picture. We must always remember that we just can't drink. It is not in our best interests. I think a turning point is when we stop looking at being AF as a sentence or deprivation, and start looking at it as an honor, a badge of courage in realizing the battle of the Beast and coming out the victor. There are many alcoholics who never get to experience this. They are trapped and go to their graves beaten by the Beast. We are the victors in this battle and should be proud.

Over- stay strong and don't drink today...just today. tomorrow we'll worry about tomorrow.

Time2_ 7 days is huge. The hard physical part is over. Don't give that up. Stay strong and focused and you'll wake up Monday morning hangover free and it will feel great!

Cindi- you're doing great. Back from Columbus I presume. Enjoy that AF beer and that hangover free Monday.

Mary. We are all thinking and focusing on you today, girl. We're sending you tons of cyber strentgh and support. You'll do fine. Just think about us...you cannot escape us! lol

Have a good day everyone!

Don - Day 51

Comment

Thanks Chief..Nice to hear from you. I needed a word of encouragement today, been feeling a bit down, for no particular reason. Im glad the seasons are changing though, its been a long summer.
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Rustop - congratulations on your 30 day milestone!! You are right not to be complacent - I think thats when I thought "well, what's next?" and thoughts of moderation crept into my head. You have shown such strength and inspiration to us all these last few weeks! Thank you for all your support to all of us! Tomorrow will be the first of a new month - a new start for many of us, I wish everyone lots of luck who are aiming for AF whether its for one day, five days, one week, one month or longterm. Personally, tomorrow has got to be a fresh start. Its certainly a new start in more ways than one for me. The kids have both gone, we took my eldest today to Bath. My hubby is going away tomorrow and will be back Thursday evening. I have got tons to do in the house and I know it won't happen if I start pouring a glass at lunchtime. If I drink tomorrow, that will be it for this week, that will be it for October. So my aim is to get up early and have a swim to get me in the right frame of mind. If I start the day off right then the rest is easier. Rustop, I did get the cds and they made such a difference - I just haven't been disciplined enough to get back into a routine with them. Its a must for this week!!

Chief - 51 days! You are doing great - I remember your struggle getting started, again another inspiring example for us all to follow.
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Janice;202150 wrote: Hi everyone,

Rustop - congratulations on your 30 day milestone!! You are right not to be complacent - I think thats when I thought "well, what's next?" and thoughts of moderation crept into my head. You have shown such strength and inspiration to us all these last few weeks! Thank you for all your support to all of us! Tomorrow will be the first of a new month - a new start for many of us, I wish everyone lots of luck who are aiming for AF whether its for one day, five days, one week, one month or longterm. Personally, tomorrow has got to be a fresh start. Its certainly a new start in more ways than one for me. The kids have both gone, we took my eldest today to Bath. My hubby is going away tomorrow and will be back Thursday evening. I have got tons to do in the house and I know it won't happen if I start pouring a glass at lunchtime. If I drink tomorrow, that will be it for this week, that will be it for October. So my aim is to get up early and have a swim to get me in the right frame of mind. If I start the day off right then the rest is easier. Rustop, I did get the cds and they made such a difference - I just haven't been disciplined enough to get back into a routine with them. Its a must for this week!!

Chief - 51 days! You are doing great - I remember your struggle getting started, again another inspiring example for us all to follow.
                  Janice, i wish you a refreshing and bright start tomorrow. As positive as i was yesterday after reading an old post from Irish Lady i have messed up today. My ex husband in the USA (long long not very nice story) sent me some groceries after not hearing anything from him for a long time, including 1 of my daughters b'days, no card, no pressy, nada. how sick is this. i'm talking about me being sick. in the groceries delilivered was a case of beers along with food, toiletries, total cost ?65. i looked at the beers and thought damn. God how weak am i. i thought about throwing them out/giving them away but not for very long. before i knew it i'd opened one, the rest will be history, unfortuneatly
                  AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                  There's fire in your eyes,
                  Bite me, excite me,
                  I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                  Brings eternal flame.
                  Open me to heaven,
                  To heal me again.

Comment

I'll see you tomorrow WantRealMeaning - we can do this - lets do it together!!

Janicexxx
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

i so hope so Janice, IF i have any beers left in the morning i'm gonna crack em n chuck em. God i feel poo. i was so strong before they landed on my doorstep, but how weak does that make me. like irish lady said there are so many reasons, excuses, but they all contradict each other. so here i am running my hands over my face asking why me. childhood issues & abuse, which leads to it happening in adulthood. 3 yrs ago i had some phycotherapy, told me i was a parentified child. i was trying to get to grips with that and broken relationship with someone a lot younger than me, who i was still trying to support and save. years and years of trying to save people, thinking i knew it all. My god, how little i know. talk about a slow learner i have to get away from my victim personality.
                      Never thought i had one because i was too busy saving everyone. how scary is it when you realise you are the biggest victim of them all.
                      massive love to everyone
                      want
                      :h :h

Bite me, excite me,
                      I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                      Brings eternal flame.
                      Open me to heaven,
                      To heal me again.

Comment

Hi Everyone: I just got home from a wonderful day out w/hubby & pup. We hiked, ate ice-cream, & looked at the changing foliage. I'm AF today (just one of many AF Sundays) & am happy to start a new month tomorrow. I just filled in a zero on DrinkTracker for today but couldn't help noticing the 2 breaks in the month. Oh well, I have the whole rest of my life to enjoy sobriety. I can't thank all of you enough, Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

God love you Mary, as long as you continue to soldier on you inspire me to do the same:l

Bite me, excite me,
                          I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                          Brings eternal flame.
                          Open me to heaven,
                          To heal me again.

Comment

Want - been there, done that, wearing the T shirt! I agree! Scary.... but you know, I don't think we're slow learners.... some never start!! (My parents - don't start me!) You've seen it....it's never going to be able to hide away from you in the same way again! You'll get stronger. (And even nicer but in a healthy way!!)

And I tihnk some of us are just that sensitive that we use crutches bigger and for longer than other more thick skinned folk....

You're doing great - it's tough when the 'reasons' begin to crawl out from under the blanket of booze-haze.... a few of these to contend with :wow: coming up! As in, how the hell did I let THAT happen?!?!!!! That's oK... Progress!

Love and hugs
                            FMF xx
                            :heart: c: :heart:
                            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

wantrealmeaning... the tone of your post is so familiar... been there done that, i guess that's the best way to express how I relate.
                              I am now two weeks out of a relationship that was bad for me, and now in the aftermath I'm understanding so much more about how detriimental it was. And I don't blame him at all. I'm over that. Now I"m looking good hard and cleanly at who I am in relation to others. I've read some about 'codependency'. I always tossed the word aside as trite. But I'm understanding that I have a certain way about me ... when it comes to relationships especially... that was born in a seriously fucked up family situation during childhood and I bring it along with me in every relationship. From the sort of lovers I choose to the way I am when with them. It's all messed up.

AND!!!! I'm beginning to appreciate my Self again! without even trying. I have much to share about it all, but not now....

Tomorrow is October first. !!! I love October. My daughter and I will go to the pumpkin patch ... a farm down the road where pumpkins are grown and we wander as long as we want looking for the perfect jack-o-lantern, play in a maze the farmers have made from the season's corn crop, have a ride around the farm with a tractor... the pumpkin walk, another local event... the harvest festival, my favorite community event of the year...

Well hey, it's going to be a good season. A harvest season. A season to harvest all the best that is within.
                              FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Working...
                              X