A LONG AND PAINFUL JEARNEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife saw me at the store yesterday I did not see her she text me and said to stay away. This is the reality of my situation. When I spoke with her I could sense her fear. Years of emotional, verbal and now physical abuse has ruined my family and caused nothing but heartache and fear. I do not know how long and if ever I can repair what I have done. This is the end result of years of drinking. If you love someone don't wait until it is to late to get help. Only now do I understand what I have done. I am learning so much about my own fear, jealousy, anger and worst of all selfish self centerdness I put my own wants before family. tried to change my wife. I was insecure and pushed her away instead of bringing her closer to me. I pray for their happiness and well being and hope they see a changed man and give me the chance to love them with all my heart. I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN. DAY 15 AF ECHOME.

Echome, Well Done on 15 days, I find your story amazing and have found myself looking for your posts. It's an extraordinary story and I truly hope that your wife appreciates the struggles that you have overcome.

Big hugs from me ....

YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN!
    sigpicXXX

Comment

ECHOME,
      You`re a very sad man and I feel for you. However, you know you`ve did a lot of wrong as regards your wife in the past, but you cannot erase any of that, so no point in dwelling on it........all you can do is stay sober, keep up with the anger management course and again become the good man your wife married.

You cannot hope to resolve this in a matter of days or weeks.......it`ll take time. Keep strong by holding onto your sobriety........at this time, all of your hope of winning her and your wee girl back depends entirely upon your staying sober and proving to her that you can and will change. No amount of drink is worth losing those you love for......

My heart goes out to you. Will pray for you.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Good job on 15 days Echome. Please stay working hard. I was that wife that lived emotional and verbal abuse for to long. I applaud you so much for working on you. Maybe she will see it. But mostly you will gain so much from your changes. Life is to short to live rotton. I can see in my ex's eyes that he is so unhappy bein mean. But he can't stop. I wish he could be happier and live nicer without needing to have so much control over everyone. Everyone would have been happier and healthier.

So keep on workin it Echome. Believe everyone benefits.....especially you!
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

I agree Echome with what the others said. Time and hard work will only make things better in the long run. The pain you are feeling is what should keep you working at bettering yourself. I know what it is like to be beaten down by a spouse and although we are working on it now, it will be quite sometime and consistency on his part for me to get over the hurt.

You are doing great remaining sober. Keep plugging along. You have to heal yourself first before you can heal the damage done.

Comment

You know what i really appreciate about you Echome? You are truly owning up to what you've done, rather than being defensive and angry at your wife for the separation. Do you know that some men would rather burn in hell than own up to wrongs?
            I think you are going to stay sober and put your life together. You seem to have the courage, strength and motivation.

YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN.
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Echome, I concur with what others in this thread have said. First of all, well done on your 15 days of Sobriety. I know that you have already figured out that staying sober is the only hope that you or any of us have to a happy healthy future with loving relationships. Your goal first and foremost, must be sobriety and changing past patterns of behavior. This will take time and concentration.

Perhaps in time, your wife will begin to trust you again. This will take time and a total comittment on your part. You will have to be both patient and respectful of her feelings.

Best wishes on staying sober and figuring out those things that will create Life Anew.

You Cannot and Will Not Drink
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Echome - I too, watch for your posts. You're doing so well. It must have been amazing to see your wife in the store and so painful to have received her text....but, there she was...another boost for you to stay sober and do all this working out...

I am praying for you too. All three of you.

YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN.

Love and hugs.
                FMFxx
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Thank you My wife son and little girl four of us. thank you for your prayers.ECHOME I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN

Comment

Myownwoman, I agree with you so much. Most men dont own what you are owning echome. Good on you!!!!

you cannot and will not drink again.
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

I will post In JUST STARTING OUT FROM NOW ON. I feel it is time to move up just a little bit. Thank you for all your support and prayers and love for my family. I am so thankfull that she still talks to me. We are talking about very difficult things in a calm and supportive way. No yelling no acusations no foul language only honesty and openess. We will hopefully talk about reconciliation when the time comes. probable 3 monthes at the earliest. with 6 to 12 monthes of hard work ahead. I told her I will do anything that is asked of me however long it takes. HONESTY HONEST HONESTY. See you in just starting out. ECHOME I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN.

Comment

I do not believe that "not owning" ones mistakes and wrong doing is a predomitately Male Gender thing. I believe, in fact, I know that it is a "Character Flaw", and not a Gender Flaw. I have known many women througout my lifetime that deny responsibilty and ownership of their mistakes.

I have numerous men in my life that are responsible and take responsibility for their words and their actions. There are many fine men right here on this site that quite obviously have character and own up to their mistakes. Let's be fair here.

Kate

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Echome,

You are sooo much like my husband...a good guy that just screwed up. You are on the right track my dear. Here is my advice to you: Don't expect anything, TIME, more TIME than you could imagine is what it will take to get them to trust you again. Just keep on keepin on and they will come around when they are feeling it is safe to do so. I know you have been through a lot but so have they. Big (((HUGS))) to ALL of you. Stay strong Echome, YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON, with an addiction problem. You are beautiful!

Myheart
                          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                          - George Jackson

Comment

Hi Echome,
                            I also like to say well done for 15days AF.
                            You will be in my thoughts. My brother has a drinking problem i think it runs in the family
                            I can really understand what yours saying, my brother losts everything, and all his good friends
                            Well his inside now,BUT when he get out me and my sister are going to try how best to really help him.
                            Take care!
                            Teardrop.x
                            family is everything to me

Comment

Echo,

I have noticed that every time, interest in your threads die down...you disappear and then start another thread. Each thread, is all about you.

You are Right...YOU Cannot and will not drink again.......We all hope!

REAL Men...do not beat up women and children.

Real Men.....support their families.

Contrary..to these posts..you are not acceptional for owning up to part of your wrong doings on an MB. Many Real men do this in Real Life.

Quit feeling sorry for yourself....Reach out to others...most of all your family. Do this withourt a selfish thought. Be a man..take care of your family emotionaly and financially.

Be a Man!
                              Kate

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X