OCTOBER NEWBIES IN NEED ODAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i THOUGHT i WOULD START THIS TODAY AS i NEED TO MAKE A FIRM COMMITMENT TO MYSELF,I AM NOT SAYING TOO MUCH TODAY BUT I AM HERE AND HOPING THIS MONTH WILL BE A GOOD ONE,
    GGXX

Garden Girl,

It is so good to hear from you. I am glad you are back.

Yes. To a great October.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Garden girl, its great to have you back - I've been wondering about you! I think today will bring new commitments from many of us, me included. There's something about the 1st of a new month that gives you a renewed enthusiasm for starting again and a hunger to succeed. You see people achieving their 30, 60 days and you think "I want a piece of that!!" How far we'll get is another matter but the longer we go without alcohol, the better for our physical and emotional health.

Just taking it one AF day at a time is more than what I have been doing recently! Being positive makes such a difference - I've got to be in the right frame of mind so the cds are definitely coming back out. I have been taking the vitamins but it got a bit hit and miss over the last 2 weeks so back on track with them too. Hope the job is going okay Garden Girl - I'm off today and have had an early morning swim to get me started.

There's 3/4 of a box of wine left in the fridge and I know that will be a temptation for me especially as I'm on my own as of tonight - I'm going to put it in the boot of the car for my husband to take with him!!! I am adamant this time however I'm not taking any chances especially when it comes to the "witching hour" or "hours" I should say!!!!!

So, going to keep really busy in the house today as loads to do so will check in again this evening. Although I'll be straight on if that inner voice starts making suggestions to me!!

Have a great day everyone whatever your goal is, I hope its a successful one for you!!!!

Thanks for being there.............Janicexxxx

AF starting 1st October
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi Garden Girl and Janice and everyone else to follow, welcome to October!

I've been away for a while and have missed you guys so much....... :l I'm glad to be back to join the ODAT Newbie's for October. I will get back to you later on with how I've been and where I've been; but for the moment just want to jump on the wagon. So here's to a ODAT AF day for 1 October. - PS - I'm also on Day 1 of the "Lemonade Diet" it's basically a DETOX - Anyone interested?

Hope you all let me back in - missed you guys terribly - Speak Soon and have a great day.

BS XXX

The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.
        It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Bluesky, I am so pleased to hear from you, We have all been worried about you, looks like we are all back, we obviously need each other so much. Welcome back from me, I know Janice will be so pleased too. Love GGXX

Comment

My friend Bluesky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have sent you a pm but I just want to welcome you back to the site and this fantastic thread - we have sooooo missed your inspirational posts!!!!!! So much has happened but I know everyone will be so pleased that you're back!!! We did it last time together Bluesky, we can do it again!!!!!!!!

We've got Garden Girl, Bluesky - now, all we need is Aduggan!! She is the one responsible for originally setting up this fantastic thread so come on Amanda, if you're out there - jump on this wagon - lets get this party started!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janice
            AF from 1st October
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Good morning, Cindi and Janice. Bluesky and Garden Girl nice to meet you. I'm one of the people who started with renewed determination on 1st September. Yesterday I achieved first 30 Days AF in over a year, so if I can do it with many slips along the way you all can. It wasnt easy but I am now going for another 30 days. Know deep down that I will have to remain AF forever but the thought still scares me so I am taking it in steps. Hope you all have a great week.

Rustop

Comment

I am starting my first 30 days AF in my entire life. Will need all the strength I can muster. Will keep visiting regularly. I have more shitty stories to tell about a recent relapse but I am going to view it as a slip and keep trying.

Comment

Garden Girl, Janice and Cindi, Thank you so much for letting me back in, I feel so humbled and grateful and I'm so happy to be back here with you all; I really have missed you all so much.

Janice, brilliant news that you went swimming this morning, well done, managing to fit a bit of exercise into our daily schedule really helps.

Nice to meet you Rustop; well done on your 30 days AF and good luck for the next 30 days. Nice to meet you also Stopthat, sorry that you are feeling crappy, it can only get better for you now; good luck for your upcoming AF 30 days.

And yes do let's get the party started; for me it's one day at a time as usual (managed 105 days AF one day at a time last stint and it was a wonderful experience (most of the time). Will get back later with my whereabouts in the past few months, but in the meantime, it's great to be back here at MWO with all my wonderful friends.

Thanks.

BS X
                  It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Happy October 1st Everyone,

I'll jump onboard with you all as I truly want an AF month. I have been surounded by drinking temptations lately and have to "readjust" my life. If I don't want to slip again I have to get off of the slippery road.
                    I know I'll be in good company here.

Will check in later.
                    Janet

Comment

Hi Everyone: Isn't the first of the month great!? It's especially significant when it lands on a Monday. I've got a few AF days racked up at the end of Sept., but I really want to see a whole month of zeros on DrinkTracker for myself. I did that in August, & what a feeling looking at 31 zeros! I'm still doing the ODAT method. I feel that I can only concentrate my efforts for one day even though my ultimate commitment is complete sobriety. Yesterday, Sunday, I stayed sober after the 2 previous Sundays having relapsed. Today, I woke up feeling like I could hold my head up high. I remember clearly how I felt last Monday after the previous day's slip. I felt I couldn't even look anyone in the eye. Today, I'll be taking my g-son to story hour & will be happy to be there & see my friends. Good Luck Everyone, Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

All ODATers.

Yes, today is special. The First of October and Monday, our weather is bright, sunny and cool. That crisp feeling of Autumn is in the air.

I am hoping this thread helps get me through this month when I feel weak. I am considering trying to change my job so I don't have to travel anymore. It is just so very difficult to stay AF in the hotels. The constant lure of the hotel bar and some companionship in lieu of a quiet room.

However, I know I can do it and I see lots of other nondrinkers a the hotels, so, I will just figure out alternatives; change patterns, as it were, to make it easier.

A special :welcome: back to Bluesky!! We all missed you when you left. Glad you are back and look forward to hearing from you every day again.

Take care all and may all my ODAT Newbie friends meet their goals today, whatever they may be.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Welcome back Bluesky!

I am so happy to hear Bluesky and her cool avatar are back! Tell us what you have been up to please!

As for my goals, I am still aiming for moderation and not drinking during the week. Last week, I had four days AF and no drunk days but the drink count was still too high. This week, I want at least four days AF and a lower drink count on the three days.

Good luck everyone, for a new start in October.

Comment

coming back

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted in a long time but have been reading everyone's posts just about every day. I'm not sure exactly why I stopped posting but I felt like I just didn't have much to contribute for awhile. My goal is to be AF for life because I know in my heart that that is the only healthy, sane thing to do . It has been just over a year since I really started to make a true hard core effort to stop. I've gone months AF and then have gone back to drinking over the year. But- overall I feel like I have made a significant improvement. Typically I go for weeks AF now and then have maybe 3 or 4 glasses of wine and then don't drink for a few more weeks. But the drinks are always secret and hidden and they get the whole horrible process in my head going of just desperately wanting more to the point of just being almost unbearable. It really is so crazy . I really underestimated a year ago how difficult this would be and how years of drinking had really seriously established this "addiction" in my brain. So at this point I really want to look at one day at a time and try to get through 30 days. Thanks for listening ! Aquamarine
                            NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                            AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Happy October 1 and Happy Monday. I am with all of you in the re-newed commitment to sanity and sobriety.
                              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X