I set myself up for failure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a comittment that yesterday was going to be my 1st AF day. I had one on one support in the chat room (thank you bak310), and felt very positive as my witching hour was approaching. My fatal mistake was making the comittment and not getting rid of the alcohol. The last 45 minutes, before bedtime did me in. I don't think my body was really craving a drink, I just didn't know what to do with myself!...Hart, you were right on....just habit.
    I am not focusing on the negative today, I am looking at the positive. I did not drink alot, so I slept like crap, was cold during the night (hubby says my body always feels like it is on fire), managed a straight line to the bathroom during the night, woke up for the first time in years without drinking a gallon of water before my morning coffee and the best of all no eyedrops!!!!
    Today is a new day, I will not think about tonight until it gets here and for the alcohol that is left.....don't know. What I do know is I will not be buying anymore today....just wanted to share as the honesty is abundent here, as well as the support. Now can I hit the submit button????
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Keep coming here. When I have open bottles in the fridge, it's an extra temptation for me. I can deal w/sealed bottles pretty well. Good luck, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Charlie,

Welcome........I hope you stick around.

All I can say is that most of us will agree that we are Masters at attempting to figure out how we can repeat the same behaviors and yet, have a different outcome. We are excellent at fooling ourselves.......were we not, we would not have the issues that we do with alcohol.

We change our choice of alcohol, never "The Hard Stuff", only beer and wine. Choosing to only drink on weekends, promising ourselves that we will only drink on weekends, only drink when out, when at home, after 8PM........the list goes on and on.

I have repeatedly had to prove that I do not drink moderately, period. Will I be able to at some point in the future? I don't know. All I do know is that until I can reach at least 30 days AF........I cannot even entertain moderating in any way. I have to change my body chemistry as well as my mind set. I do know, that when I have gone 5 days AF, I feel great!

We are all in this together, I know this program works. I know that sobriety is a goal worth working for. If I fall down, I will get up and work this program until I reach my goal!

Good Luck, You Can do it!
      Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hey Charlee!!

You are so good for coming here and being HONEST!!! Hey, you did your best. And just think...if those pesty wine bottles were not there...would you have bothered to get dressed and gone out? or would you just have given up and gone to bed?

If you want to try again tonight...why not get rid of the rest now (before they call your name, and while your resolve is up).

Remember, I am the "dim-witted" one on here (lol) who took over a year to get 2 days of AF strung together...and not one person judged me (THANK GOD). So, just give it another go...who knows? maybe tonight will be the night?

Love ya!!

Beth
        formerly known as bak310

Comment

Hi charlee.......you`re perfectly right........no use crying over what you did last night.
          We only have present and future to work with, but!!!!.........give yourself a helping hand and sling what`s left of the booze down the sink. Am 65 days sober today, and in all of those 65 days, I have not kept a single drop of alcohol in the house.........why put temptation in your face???

Wishing you love and renewed strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Char....you know you have to get rid of the booze. Do you want to commit to this or not? If not, then quit torturing yourself and drink. You'll feel like crap tomorrow and you can go through it all again. If, however, you want to end this nonsense, then make a real committment to yourself and go at this with a vengence. Treat "The Beast" like a man who has cheated on you and show the bastard what a women's scorn is all about! We can all really help you succeed if you want, but you have to want it.
            Come on chat if you want to talk..

Don

Comment

Working...
            X