Yoga for addiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoga for addiction?

Hi there, I am taking naltrexone for mods and its working well enough that I finally got back to Yoga today after the month-long hiatus I took because I preferred to drink 2 bottles a night to actually doing anything productive with my free time (and the hangover didn't leave me too limber or energetic)!
    So now that I've been hangover-free long enough to start up again I remember how I basically kept my drinking from spiralling further through the spring and early summer ( it was a bit over a bottle a day generally) by doing yoga every day - at least I think that's what did it. I am wondering if any of you have had experience with yoga and its effects of your cravings/drinking?
    My cravings are minimal on the drug, as is my drinking, but I just wonder if anyone else finds yoga helpful?
    Thanks,
    DNM

Yoga for addiction?

i find exercise crucial but the only yoga i like is bikram. do you do bikram?

Comment

Yoga for addiction?

I do but I never went more than once since it made my hangover dehydration SOOO much worse LOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yoga for addiction?

yoga

I have done pilates for awhile but mostly use the fitness center for excersize. I stumbled upon a Bikram Yoaga studio just around the corner from me and I went in and have to say I am dying to try it. I hear it is wonderful for your mind and body and because of the heat it not only allows you greater ability to stretch but the pounds will melt off of you and the women I met had the healthiest glow about there skin. I am recovering from surgery righ now, but when I get healed I am going to try Bikram yoga.

Comment

Working...
        X