day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 2

I have made it through day one AF, was not tooooooo difficult, worked all day, went to psychiatrist, then gym..............then, being a mother of 2 kids, had to pick up one from swim practice at 7:40PM, didn't get home and into bed until well after 10PM..................

BUT I did
    sleep ok, wierd dreams and all.........I am taking off from work today (planned a month ago) Just hope I don't get bored or frustrated and go out for a beer (??!!) I have NO intentions of doing so, so hope everyone is good, thanks for all the positive thoughts and all............

Amashed, hope you are ok, and anyone else new, we are all here in the same boat!:thanks:

Now off to run errands, will check in later!!:h :l

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

day 2

Cowgirl

WOW...IT MAY NOT BE EASY YET..BUT IT ONLY GETS EASIER!!!!!

Keep it up!!!!!

:goodjob: :goodjob:

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Comment

day 2

Hey,

Great to hear from you, was thinking of you last night. I'm feeling better by the day and am trying to now plan weekends that are swimming or visits or anything but bars or pubs. I really pleased that things are going good!

Its going to mean a change in life for all of us but if we can do, then how much better will it be???!!! You keep us informed. And carry on reading the posts on here, I think they give a lot of strength, you're not alone, we're all in the same boat.

And just a comment - I like the way even the tone that you wrote in today has changed! It makes a difference doesn't it? PM me if you ever want a chat and I'll get back as soon as I can.

Comment

day 2

Congrats Cow Girl,

Day one is hard and it is scarry. The bes part is that you did it once and now you know it is possible!

Stay strong!
        tc

Comment

day 2

Hang in there Cowgirl!! The first few days are the hardest. Keep very busy so your mind doesn't obsess over having the beer to kill any boredom you may experience today. Keep posting. We are rooting for you!

Comment

day 2

Hi Cowgal ,
            Worried about you the other day. you do sound like you are in a good frame of mind.
            Glad you got through day2....I did not make day2, am affaid back to the drawing board for me. day1 again, tonight i shall have a vey hot bath to help me relax. ( maybe it might help to get the alcohal out of my system) wishful thinking!!!
            I will try and get on here 2night but there is aways queue in my house for the p.c

Plus i need to get to bed early.

Good Luck 4 tonight.

Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

day 2

Dear CG: You're doing great. Try the ODAT method. It doesn't seem quite as overwhelming. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

day 2

thanks, day 3 now!!!

Hey everyone, sorry I couldn't get the stinkng computer to get to the site last night.......ALMOST drank!!uch: THANK GOD I didn't!!!

Gotta go now cuz I am working now, but will check in later guys!!!:h :thankyou:

Love you all!!!

MA

Comment

day 2

Day 2 for BabyGirl too!

Hi All -- yay for us CowGal! I posted my update on BoozeBusters just a minute ago...
                  I had 52 days under my belt in the winter and I slipped when my sister left her husband and emotionally dumped on me... I spiraled out of control but it was amzing how it crept in... now MONTHS later and too many failed attempts... I am back. I had to limit contact with my sister because she does not have a good sense of boundaries and expects me to be there all of the time -- it is one sided andnot healthy -- so I eliminated her (at least for the moment) as the contact was really hurting me.

Need to get ready for work -- more later... BabyGirl

Comment

day 2

hey almost = didn't!!!

Thats great! I'm proud of you!

Comment

day 2

On day two myself, not as hard as I thought although tonight with the football game will be hard

Comment

day 2

checking in

Baby girl, good job w/ boundaries etc............and we all have to come back or die (sorry to get graphic, I need to get that through MY head.............I am a "chronic relapser" in AA, it is almost like nobody wants to sponsor or talk to me almost..............I just cannnot get that program!!!! BUT thank GOD for this one.......

You go girl, and everyone thanks for the support!!! If I mess up you will be here chearing me on instead of avoiding me like I am contageous!!!

ANYWAY,

back to work!!

love and hugs!!:h :l

Comment

day 2

morning from the UK, just thnking of you and want the day 2 title to be well out of date!!

Comment

day 2

CowGal thanks for the support. I am just disgusted that the people on AA would treat you like that ... my ex-husband (we divorced 7 years ago) was an AAer but I did not attend the meetings because the cigarette smoke was so bad... they transfer addictions! Funny, it was when I divorced him (no kids involved) is when I really started to drink!!!
                            I am starting Day 3!!! Will check in later Baby

Comment

Working...
                            X