DAY 18 POST WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found out I might have post withdrawal symptoms. confusion depression anxiety etc etc etc. It is part of being AF in the beginning. It is a psychological problem based on my admitting Iam an alcoholic and can never drink again. My security blanket is gone!!!! Yesterday was as close to normal I have been in awhile, not great just not bad. I miss my family iam very tired. My wife is very sad and lonely. We talked very little last night she was upset and there is nothing I can do. Iam learning I have no control over people and nor do I want to. I can only do my best and hope she will truly love me and we can save our family. This week and next is very critical to my family. Court on wed. More court the following week. I will soon find out if they will keep us away for a long long time. Please pray for my family I love them so much. I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN ECHOME.

Echome

Hang in there buddy!

You know you are doing the right thing - no matter how tough it is temporarily.

Tiredness iand depression / anxiety are certainly common for folks who have recently gone AF!
    Your body is undergoing some very traumatic changes - both physically and psychologically.

One of the things I found helped me a lot was focussing on the positives!
    I know it is difficult when you are feeling down - but I tried to tell myself that the depression and anxiety were simply my body's reaction to a massive change for the good.
    Our bodies have lived with and to a great extent adjusted to being poisoned every day.
    After a long while - this becomes the norm - that is what our bodies are used to.
    If you change the Norm - even for the better - your body is going to say "WHOA?????"

So just hang in there - it does get better and easier as time goes on.
    Weigh up the cost of feeling poorly for a few weeks against the benefits of getting your wonderful family back!
    Makes it easier to bear - doesn't it??.

Truly wishing you and your family the best.

Take care my friend

Satori

YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN! (how cool is that? )
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Hi Echome,
      This must be very stressfull for you.
      Ihave not prayed in a long time, but tonight i shall pray for you and your family.

All the Best, And Take Care!

Teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

Hang in there Echome! When I was in my 3rd week of AF I developed depression too. It didn't last too long. Just keep plugging away at overcoming this affliction. You will be overly sensitive for a while but know it is part of the recovery process.

Comment

Echome, I know that you feel rough but like Satori said, everyday you suffer is a day closer to getting that family back that you adore .....

YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN ..........
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Echome - I echo (!) the others...depression was very around for those early weeks of 3-5ish... But you are doing soooh well....don't you dare throw it away now will you???..... (Not that I think you will - just reinforcing for you!) It is an unpleasant but good sign of improvement as Satori says... keep going, it is soooh worth it (as if you didn't know it!)

YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN my friend....

I hope the Courts see how well you are doing and the outcome is good.

Keep us posted.

Love and hugs
            FMF xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Continuing to pray hard for you and your family ECHOME. Hope you get the best possible outcome at Court.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Echome,
                I continue to wish you and your family the very best. Stay strong

You can not and will not drink again (that's very cool)
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Echome,

I am going through the depression piece, myself, right now and understand. I can't sleep and I feel very "foggy" even when up and about.

I keep telling myself that this is my body's way of coming back from that HELL.

You are doing great!! I pray every day for you and your family. Not a homily, a truth. I can only imagine what they and you have gone through. If your love can survive this, it is a love for all ages. (and that beats drinking any second!!)

You cannot and will not ever drink again!!

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Kind words and prayers for my family you guys are the best. Life is so much better with your help and support. Every day I learn so much more about life, love sobriety and what it means to truly be in love with my wife and family. Iam beside myself with anticipation of spending time with my wife but I must stay calm and take time to heal and do the work and show her Iam a good husband and father. My wife told me in time she looks forward to an intimacy and love we have always wanted. My god I about melted and tuned into a puddle of gooooooo. It has been 6 hours since she told me that and my hole whole body and mind is still buzzzzzzing I feel faint. I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN ECHOME

Comment

Echome, it is nice to hear you are staying sober. I'm sure there are so many pent up dreams and feelings that you are beginning to see. Don't be scared back into drinking with them. Try to write them down and think about them. Talk to a counselor or your wife about them. I hope you are opening new doors.

PS. I love to see you writing that you cannot and will not drink again. You can add this in a signature to your profile that automatically shows up, however, I think it is great for you to keep writing this each time you post and remember the reasons behind it.

:l
                      Marcie

Comment

Working...
                      X