NEWBIES IN NEED ODAT THURSDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very Good Morning to all, I'm on the go quite early today so hope nobody minds but I took the liberty of starting our daily thread off.

Weather here in France definitely changing to Autumn now looks as if it is going to be a grey, rainy day here today, but it doesn't matter cause I feel great because I didn't drink last night; and how nice it is to waken up without the dreaded panic, guilt and sickness feeling in your stomach; yes it's a much better way to start the day. So please everyone try hard today to make this another AF day for yourself even if you have to try just that little bit harder today, let's do it together.

To carry on the end of yesterday's thread - Janice - yes, why do we do it? I asked myself the same thing yesterday as I walked along feeling a lot lighter and easier in my step, we feel so much better when we are not doing it so why on earth do we keep torturing ourselves and our loved ones - why, why oh why? I'm sure we will all get this right at some point but it's just going to take a little time!

Vinophile - no, there is absolutely no food on the lemonade cleanse - pop over to holistic healing and you will see an ongoing thread concerning the lemonade cleanse, there are a few of us on it - I must say that's it's not easy - but at least I know I will not drink whilst on it - I do find that part easy - and that for me is even better than the cleanse!

So start of day 4 AF for me today and many others who will come after, good luck today whatever your goal may be and if you did happen to stray a little bit it doesn't matter as today is another day, so forget yesterday, it's in the past and try again today - good luck.

Have a good one and try to stay strong.

BS X

PS - Janice I just read the mails of Tuesday evening, your post made me smile - Donny was my "puppy love" also and I'm so jealous that you have seen him live!
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Well - this is just like old times, Bluesky starting today's thread......we really have missed you Blueksky!!!! Your posts are so motivating! Thank you for coming back to us.

I must admit with my hubby being away this week, I've become quite addicted to this site, and another for bereavement - I haven't got half the jobs done in the house I intended to but nevermind - I'll just call it my "healing" week! These two sites are helping me at the moment and certainly got me through yesterday, Dad's birthday.

Day 4 for me too BS and feel good. I dread to think how much I could have drunk this week....best not to. I know it's going to be tricky over the weekend as I sit and watch my husband drink. I know he will offer to support me but that's not fair, its my problem, not his. But I know I've done it before, I can do it again and it's when my mind's not right that I end up joining him.

So, come on everyone ....ODAT Just for today, just today....don't have a drink.

A quote for you to think about - "The first step to pursuing joy is simply to begin. If we wait until conditions are perfect, it will never happen".

Good luck,

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

hello newbies! i'm also a newbie and i messed up again last night had a bottle of wine and then insisted on going back to the bar for half a lager (one for the road). totally depressed with myself now the gremlins are back and they bite (ouch!). keep thinking positive though - I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY don't worry about tommorrow or what happened yesterday .

hope everyone has a good day x

Comment

Good morning everyone. Really upbeat posts Bluesky and Janice, it uplifts the spirit just to read them. I have my cousin staying with me while having chemo over the next few days so it is going to be a round of hospital visits, wont get to post much. Taking it ODAT.

Rustop

Comment

Hi bluesky, Janice, shellbee, Rustop and all to come.

Absolutely wonderful to have you back with us all, bluesky........I always found your enthusiasm infectious.........it`s such a gift to be able to bring that to the site.......you`re a true gem to have in Newbies.
          I really think that trying to get sober is like playing "follow my leader" for so many of us.......can`t quite comprehend the dynamics of all of that, but for me and so many others, I really believe that`s how it works. I came to the site devoid of all hope of ever becoming sober, read of you and Janice and Mary and others doing so well with AF in Newbies, and SUDDENLY, I found the guts to "take the plunge" too........it really all starts with "someone" showing us the way.

Janice, thanks for the quote......loved it......so perfect for our common plight.
          Great to hear you being so positive, and that you`re on Day 4.......that`s fabulous, especially with it being your dad`s birthday yesterday........he`s proud of you, as I am.
          And.......as my mum would say......."Sod the housework........the house will still be there when you`re not"........far more productive to spend time here to support your journey into sobriety.

shellbee, don`t allow yourself to be depressed about last night.........that`s history.......all that matters is what we do with the present and the future........you`re not going to drink today, so that`s brilliant!! Rooting for you!!

Rustop, take good care of yourself.......hope all goes well with your cousin`s chemo.

Some of you will know that I`ve had a very stressful week(much better now!!!), and that`s why I haven`t managed to post here, but I still regard myself as a Newbie and like to come here to give a little back of all the wonderful love and support I found here when I needed it most.

Have a splendid day all !!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Janice, Starlight and Rustop thank you all so much for your kind words; I'm blushing away here, you are far too flattering with your kind comments!

Rustop, wishing you all the best for your cousin's chemo - it's pretty depressing stuff (been there, done it) but what can we do, it has to be done, my thoughts are with you and your cousin and look forward to seeing you when you have a free minute and yes, it's definitely ODAT, it's much easier that way.

Janice, I'm so sorry that I missed your Dad's birthday yesterday; I really am, my thoughts are with you from the bottom of my heart; and so well done for succeeding to make it through the day, whilst on your own, without giving in - hugs. Starlight is so spot on you need to forget the house and look after yourself for a bit, the housework unfortunately will not go away it will wait for you; so pamper yourself and spend the time you need online if that is what it takes.

Starlight, I've been reading some of your posts and know that you are doing so well and also know that you have been going through some pretty hard times, well done, you have come along so far since your earlier posts and are such an inspiration to us all; thank you for everything and hope that things start to run a bit smoother for you from now on.

Shellbee, yes the gremlins do bite - don't they? Anyway, today is another day, try a little bit harder today - you can do it, go on, ODAT just try it; you will be so proud of yourself tomorrow morning, believe me.

Got to run, Dentist is calling, so Hi to all and Good Luck to all and speak again tomorrow.

Bluesky X
            It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Hello all Newbies-

In a rush to get to work but did want to pop in and say, Hi!!, and great work all who made it another day and those who didn't, just shrug it off and jump back on. Eventually it will click.

Take care all,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Everybody: I'm feeling great as I'm taking my sobriety ODAT. I know I can stay AF for today. I'll come back to the site when I have more time. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi all

I had some difficulties with moderation lately so I am trying one week AF and maybe another after that. So this is the second day of that. I have often done 4 days AF so I don't ancticipate physical effects. The difference this time is stretching it out through the weekend...

Comment

Good Morning,

Some very uplifting posts and I appreciate being able to read them all. I had a few urges last night and got through them ok but received an invitation in the mail for a "drinking event" 3 weeks away which we really must attend. I have found that thinking about how difficult it will be to resist drinking in the future will often cause me to think "oh this is all too difficult I might as well have a glass of wine now and forget the whole AF thing"

I have to take baby steps and tackle the challenge that is right in front of me (ie. not drinking today) So I greatly appreciate this ODAT thread.

I might have some wine urges later on but I make a firm promise that I will not act on them and will NOT drink today

I'm on day 4 as are quite a few others. I look foward to seeing you all tomorrow on day 5. I promise will be there

Janet

Comment

I just got back from the supermarket w/a wine/beer aisle. I avoided that aisle & checked out w/my groceries. I'm doing very well. When the drinking thoughts come, I just dismiss them. I'm hoping to get like Sartori & some of the other long-termers who prefer life AF. I know how much better I feel AF. I must keep concentrating on that. I also must not forget how lonely & guilt-ridden I felt when I was drinking. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

I am on day 3 and its 2:30 pm at work and I am already thinking that it will be ok for me to just have a 6 pack during the football game tonight then AF on Friday, that would be better than drinking every day for the past 20 like I have. I cant even concentrate on work. I guess it would be a start to go 3 or 4 days a week w/o. Ughhhh

Comment

hi all

I am having a wierd "OFF" day now, started "OK", but is getting less tolerable...............my BACK is killing me for some reason, (I used to drink over this alot, but find it usually hurts less when I don't drink, so this is frustrating:upset: )

BUT, did make it through yesterday and last night AF, as I have said on another thread............

Thanks for all the great quotes and inspirations guys, You areawesome!!!

love ya ank keep me in your thoughts this evening, we go out to eat w/ a heavy drinker , my father-in-law..........

MA
                          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Mary, you had over a couple of months AF didn't you? Try to remember how awesome it was !!!!

Stay focused everyone. Every ounce of effort and dedication to being AF will be worth while in the end.

Think of the FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a wonderful feeling.

Comment

WOW

I am feeling almost the same way gonegator!!! I was thinking only 2 or 3 beers would be ok, then, the weekend, then start again on Mon????

AM I CRAZY OR SOMETHING!!!???
                              MA
                              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                              X