Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the beastie bit me again and it hurts.

hi all

had a few problems this week just found myself unable to say no and getting myself into quite a few states i feel like a total failure. i have a sore head at work and i know my boss knows i'm hungover and i just want to cry:upset had to be dragged out the pub again last night always wanting that 'one more drink' just can't seem to get to grips with this whole thing. maybe AF is the only way for me. i don't know

Don`t be so hard on yourself shellbee, but if you`re stocking up the table when last orders are shouted in the pub, I can understand how "lost" you feel.

Why not read RJ`s book, devise a plan of action for yourself and try for the recommended 30 days abs and see where you want to go from there. Don`t lose hope........I was exactly where you are until recently........you really can do this.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

know the feeling well shelbee the one for the road or isit the ditch bosses can always tell if your hungover ie you look and feel like shit and plus smelling like a brewery no matter what toothpaste breathfreshner polos chewing gum etc etc we use.....i work offshore and prior to flying out i would stay overnight at a hotel i would be leaving the overnight bar with a carryout at 4 oclock in the morning and catching a flight at 6 oclock now stricter rules are in force and thank god im abs as i would have been sacked ages ago( even tho i fall by the wayside)fortunately i was the foreman unfortunately my superiors started to notice but by that time i managed to substain abs my mate works for bt hes a foreman he drinks heavy everynight apart from the weekend strange but true hes phoned me up everyday this week to say hes called a sickie again so to me its like its stress and strain of work or the boredom to not having a challenge set for him that triggers a drinking pattern dont know if that makes sense or relates to yourself you hang in there and try abs if not moderation at the weekends keep the head down and dont lose your job due to drinking as once you lose your job through drinking its hard to get another one ie refferences trust me ive been down that road but in my career you meet hardened drinkers from all aspects of life and you do manage to get away with it but if you work in an office its not hard to suss you out ie drinking pattterns start to become estabblished and noted on timesheets monthly reports etcetc be cool hope that theese words arent harshe just reality that we face daily not only yourself myself but millions of others that keep the breweries,pubs and clubs going have a goodday and hope the grey skies become blue(ps never mind the boss il sort him for you):boxer:your not alone my:h god bless you hang on to this site mitch o the glenz
      Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.

Comment

thankyou mitch - youve really made me think. i cant afford to lose my job (even though i hate it!) what you said about those carry outs from the bar i totally relate to. i'm forever there asking for more beer after hours. :thanks:

starlight impress ive read a lot of your posts - you truly are an inspiration. well done:goodjob:

Comment

:goodjob: shellbee reality sinks home when you think about it the job probably sucks but dont lose it dont be hard on yourself you never know your boss could be an alcoholic ive been to aa's with doctors,lawyers,bankers,policemen,school teachers, bosses etc etc at the end of night you can go home and relax he cant he worries all night about what the next day brings he takes his work home with him so it wouldnt suprise me if hes grumpy because he drinks!(not saying he does though) food for thought there lol:H starlight certainly leaves an im pression like footprints in the sand dig deep shelbee and youl leave footprints in the sand and if your boss doesnt leave you alone il make impressions on him:boxer:lol
          Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.

Comment

Working...
          X