No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I'm just starting in this group. I hope I can find a way to help myself. Been binge drinking (in secret) off and on for the last 20 years since my divorce. I am in counselling, take Ativan, Campral, and Effexor, but still drink when I can. I worked as a caregiver and drank the booze in my old folks home even while on the medications. This resulted in my losing my job - I was falling all over the place, plus a car accident. My kids took my car away. But, if I am ever a guest somewhere I always manage to hit the mouthwash bottle. Hope somebody can help me help myself.:new:

Hi Adnil,
    I also binge and has lost the previous 2 whole days because I was unable to go to the office. The only thing that stops me is Antabuse - if I do not go af by January I am going to a rehab. I cannot remember a singe thing about my daughters prize giving event on Wednesday night. You know the remorse and shame, it is terrible.
    But stick to your resolution to go af, moderation is not an option for us that is so far down the road.
    Good luck and God bless.
    Jessie
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Hi adnil and welcome.
      Good to see you appreciate that you have to do this for yourself, but rest assured, you`ll find all the help and support you could need at M.W.O.

Read RJ`s book to consider all the options and then you can work on devising a strategy that suits you personally.

Wishing you love and strength for your journey,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Welcome Adnil (and Jessie)...

We are all more or less in the same boat. Yes, we have to help ourselves. You will get a lot of support here. Please read the book and take the supplements. They will help you so much, as will all the wonderful people here.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

gday adz, youve found the right place, we are all here for help and advice, WELCOME!
          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

I hear you Adnil. I'm a big binge drinker - I can drink moderately if I do it often enough but if I spend a couple of days AF I get "itchy" - both literally and figuratively - and I'll go out and get totally smashed!

I'm here for you and I wish you well in whatever you choose to do - drink more, drink less, etc.
            I spend all my time treading water, just barely keeping my head above the waves... my past weighs me down & my fear of the future is drowning me.....
            :new:

Comment

Adnil & Bananas :welcome: to MWO

When I first came here last year I was drinking from 6am till 11pm, or until I passed out ........ My family were really fed up ........

I now am so much better thanks to this place .........

Keep reading and posting and you will get to where you want to be ........
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Thanks from Adnil

:thanks: Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and letting me know that I am not alone, NOT a bad person and I'm not doing this just to be spiteful and ruin my family's lives. The guilt is overwhelming especially where my parents are concerned, I've ruined their retirement, their old age, why am I doing this to them? I was always the good girl, didn't take my first drink until I was 21, dependable, reliable and now at 55 they have to watch my every move. It's demeaning, humiliating and unbearable, but according to the family I have brought this on myself. They don't try to understand and I have felt so alone and at wit's end. Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.
                :thanks:

Comment

adnil,
                  how much do you drink? Have you read the MWO book? It is very helpful. Supps, tapes and meds may help you a ton. The support here is great!
                  Marcie

Comment

Working...
                  X