Acupuncture ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acupuncture ...

Just wanted to give an update from my earlier note (on the newbie board). I'm, knock wood, having incredible success so far with a combination of acupuncture, exercise and -- now that they've finally arrived -- the supplements. But it's the acupuncture that i can actually FEEL working. I was very skeptical but my med doctor asked me to give it a monthlong try before trying Topa (apparently, with a good practioner, it's highly effective against all forms of addiction ... alcohol, cocaine, heroin, etc). The first week was nice & calming, but no big changes. By the second week, though ... blammo! It was an incredible difference ... not just in my drink craving, but in my overall feeling of well-being ... calm, centered. And w/o drink or drugs (didn't think THAT was possible!!) I don't think I've felt this great in a decade. Now adding in the supps & Kudzu and -- for the first time in a long long while -- feel like 'hey, I can DO this!' And I'm not miserable. I'm not completely abstaining, either ... but, as of this week, have been able to stop @ about 1.5 glasses of wine (after a good long while of drinking a bottle and often then-some a night), without any problem @ all.

Really glad I found this site. And keeping fingers crossed that this continues. But for those of you considering acupuncture, I'd highly recommend you find someone good and go for it. Also keep in mind that at least some insurers cover it in the US.

Acupuncture ...

you go girl, there is much to be said about accupuncture in the ear for alcohol addiction. One of our doctors here suspended his practice to learn accupuncture, he claims that with the acc and a willingness to heal is the only way.

Interesting insofar as we are are close 2 two reservations. However, he told me nothing will work unless you have that mental kick to quit.

Thank you
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Acupuncture ...

skendall ... yes, i should have mentioned that. my guy told me the same ... said that it was a great tool for someone determined to change their behavior but only of very temporary benefit to someone who hadn't, mentally, gotten their brain there yet. i am, though, pretty determined. i think the exercising pretty seriously 5 days a week (something that seemed more impossible to me than quitting or moderating drinking, btw) is making a big difference too. the funny thing is, i'm the queen of no willpower so it's cracking me up to actually find myself religiously going to the gym every weekday, taking all my supps, never missing an acupuncture appt. i think getting on board with just a couple of them and sticking w/it no matter how you feel (hungover, exhausted, disgusted w/yourself, etc) ... and, whoa, next thing you know you're actually feeling pretty good and find that you've made some new habits that displace old, crappy ones.

Comment

Acupuncture ...

Ooh well done Vino.

I tried acupuncture for smoking but had no results at all, and I was determined. However, a friend has gone to an acupuncturist in a neighboring town for weight loss with excellent results.

Worth checking out, methinks!

Comment

Acupuncture ...

I've tried accupuncture with limited results. Every accupunturist I have tried has been very dedicated and interesting to talk to though.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
          X