NEWBIES IN NEED ODAT SATURDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone. Well, I've just read yesterday's thread right through and the weekend has definitely kicked in because there's a few of us struggling right now.

Paula & WRMeaning - its really important you keep posting no matter how you are feeling. We are your friends and are here for you during good times and bad. I have been up and down like a roller coaster with my emotions and you guys have always been there for me....its your turn to have that bit of extra emotional support so don't hold back!!:h

Bluesky - hope you are okay - how's the diet going?? We need some of your positive affirmations!!!

To those of us who have slipped - Gonegator, WUMom, Cowgal and anyone else.....you are here logging on each day, addressing this horrible addiction that we all have....you are doing something about it....treat it for what it is.....a slip...not a fall. Good luck today.

Mary (hope dinner went well), Rustop, Cindi, Star, Teardrop, MyOwnWoman , and Vino - good going with the AF days - Vino, I know you were struggling last night, hope you got through it....just think how you will feel Monday morning if you do!! If I've missed anyone, I do apologise - there's a lot of us!

I got through last night okay, determined not to join my husband with his wine (bit all my nails off though!) What soda do you drink Mary?? Day 6 for many of us today, nearly a week....and that will motivate me today and tomorrow. Saying that, Saturday night will be hard....I love watching X-Factor & the Dancing with my glass of wine....but not tonight.

I'll probably be back on later.... actually, there's no probably about it - I will be back on - I NEED this site. Thanks eveyone...... and good luck today....

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Hi Janice and all to come.

X-Factor is just as good without the wine, Janice........believe me.......my teen and I love to watch it........I see there`s a wee Scots boy at Bootcamp, so am really keen to see how he fares.

I think reaping the full benefits of quitting has been a long time coming for me. But think I`m starting to recover from all those years of overindulgence.......am feeling like a new woman........really starting to love being AF now that I feel so good.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thank you Janice,Well done to you xx
      Morning Star! It is great that you are feeling so well,long may it last xx
      Heres to all to come,have a great weekend xx

Comment

Bless you Janice your such a comfort. I'm a bit better today, haven't drank all week.
        I'm working this pm. so I always feel better then, no chance of drinking.
        Hope all you lovely people have a good week/end.
        Thanks for being here.
        Paula.x

Comment

Thanks Janice for the encouraging words. Well, believe it or not I took the kids to the playground for happy hour, AF, then the family to.... believe it or not... an Irish Pub for dinner and only drank ice tea. So, my first AF Friday, up at 5AM and feeling great. Have a great weekend all.

Comment

hi everyone,

well i've made it to day 6, the furthest i've got is 8 days about 3wks ago, so i'm aiming to get past that and keep going. but i know i wont drink today.

thanks for encouraging me to post janice, :l i do find it difficult when i feel so low. you sound a lot better janice . i have made an appointment with my doctor for next wednesday. i hope i can be more assertive in getting my needs across and myself understood.

paula, i hope your feeling i bit better today. :l

starlight impress, thanks for letting us know you keep feeling better with every sober day.
            it gives me hope that one day i'll feel well physically and mentally, i just need to keep going forwards and be patient with myself and the healing process. i've never been very good with patience.

well done gonegator, i wouldn't dare go near any pubs at the moment. good for you, so pleased your feeling great. i hope your strength continues.

i hope everyone else is having a good weekend, if anyone has slipped please don't be too hard on yourself, just keep on trying ODAT. i'm finding that the more i keep trying the more af days i'm getting inbetween slips, which is helping me want and get more, if that makes any sense.

want
            :h
            xx
            AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
            There's fire in your eyes,
            Bite me, excite me,
            I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
            Brings eternal flame.
            Open me to heaven,
            To heal me again.

Comment

Paula, just seen your post, i'm glad your feeling a bit better today :l

want xx
              AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
              There's fire in your eyes,
              Bite me, excite me,
              I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
              Brings eternal flame.
              Open me to heaven,
              To heal me again.

Comment

Good morning everyone. Thanks Janice for such an encouraging post. Weekends are a struggle so it is great to have these boards and all the support they offer. Today is my daughters 15th Birthday so we are off out for the day, shopping!! Its been a busy few days, my cousins tumours have decreased so thats good news, the first she has had after 15 months of chemo.

Rustop

Comment

I unfortunately drank 3 glasses of wine last night. Having an open bottle of white in the fridge is more temptation than I can handle. I won't chastize myself too harshly, but I am disappointed. I'll get right back into being AF. Tonight we have dinner at a neighbor's home. I have more strength when I'm out than when I'm in my own home. Good luck everyone, Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

I am finding it very hard to post on here at the moment as everybody except me seems to be able to achieve lots of af days in a row, I really had hoped that this week would be my first week but I drank on wednesday and last night, even though I know I wont drink today or tomorrow that is still twice a week and last night I got terribly drunk at my friends houseand as usual my girls and hubby are very very angry with me because I KEEP TELLING THEM i WILL DO A WEEK AF AND THEN i keep failing. I think I feel so pressurised because I know that I have to stop that I just seem to be totally obsessing about drink and seem worse this week than the last three. I will try and come and post but I just find it so disheartening when everyone is getting af days except me, I have got to get 7 days in a row so here is Day one again. GG xx

Comment

Just out of interest who one this thread is using the supps?

Comment

GG: Last night I slipped after 11 AF days. I've accumulated many days in the past & then slipped. But, now when I slip, it's just a slip not a binge (like I used to do). I always want to stay away from MWO after a slip, but I know that I'll go right back to the hell I once was in. Please keep coming. Don't feel you can't share just because you've had some struggles. You can't imagine how many times I've slipped & started again. We'll never reach our AF goal if we don't keep trying. I'm right w/you. Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi janice ,

Thanks for opening this thread i really need this site too, It is soo sooo helpful.
                          thanks for your encouragement with such good words put together. Going to bbQ tonight. Iam not up for it! but iam driving NOT drinking. As starlight said i wont and i wont drink.

All the bests 4 today.
                          Teardrop.x
                          family is everything to me

Comment

GG, I had planned on going AF for the month of October and slipped last night after 4 days. At first I didn't want to come back to the site and then I thought I wouldn't admit that I slipped but I realized you can't hide from yourself. Even if I didn't admit on the site that I had slipped up, I would know it. Please don't give up hope. I have only been on this site about 1 week but I refuse to give up trying even if I fail time after time. Because of the encouragement, support, and successes of the other posters on this site, I have complete faith that I will beat this. It may take many false starts and stops but I will prevail and you can too. I believe it was db2 who posted that the important thing is "trying to achieve AF even if it is in dribs and drabs". Anyway, don't quit trying.

Comment

Garden Girl, its great to hear from you but you are being far too hard on yourself. You need this site and we need you!! That's the whole idea of it. We are each other's support network - through good times and bad - when we're on a roll AF and when we've messed up and slipped. It's so easy to think "Oh I've drank, I can't go back on ...how am I going to tell everyone, I feel such a failure". I have been so guilty of that in the past few months yet that is exactly the time we need to be coming on. This is not a competition GG - we are all doing it for ourselves and our families. Please post, I miss you when you don't come on. You are being so hard on yourself and setting yourself, what seems, an impossible target right now aiming for a week. That just seems like a mountain to climb and puts even more pressure on you. Just think ODAT. You're drinking twice a week - which is not a disaster but I know its the amount you are drinking over that period because you are ending up drunk. But do try and see the positives here....you are not drinking every night, you do have AF days.....if you can start and see the positives then maybe you will get that motivation to make some changes to those days or even one of those days you are drinking.

Its not going to help, your family getting angry with you, they need to understand that you need extra support on those "difficult" days. I know you weren't taking any vits/supps before but I can't stress how important they are. Not only will they help with those cravings but they are vital for our physical recovery. I have heard that the vits/supps from this site are the best but I have got mine from Holland & Barrett - kudzu & L-glutamine are brilliant for the cravings and will definitely help; milk thistle will help your liver recover. I also take vit C & evening primrose. Please think about it.

I hope this all makes sense, its a bit of a ramble. PM me anytime.... and remember post, post, post.

Your friend Janicexxx
                              AF since 9 May 2012
                              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Working...
                              X