• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hi :new: Hello everyone

New here

Hello!

Welcome W. T. I just joined here about a week ago and it's a great site. What's your story? I drank wine for many years...about a bottle to bottle and a half a day. Have been alcohol free for a week now mostly due to the encouragement from this group.
    AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

New here

Thanks for the reply

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply....my story...I live alone with my 3 kids...for me drinking fills a void of loneliness/depression and you?:thanks: What a great job being sober for a week, keep up the good work...one day at a time and today is going to be my first day...I can do this with the hlep of all the lovely people here, thankyou

Comment

New here

I live alone with my 38 year old daughter who isn't working!! (Long story) That has been a major stressor. Its just so easy to come home and pop a bottle of wine to relax. Then before you know it the whole thing is gone and I'm feeling terrible.

Comment

New here

Yes, I sure know that feeling terrible and I also feel a failure for not being able to just not open that drink....my kids are younger then your daughter, 15, 13 and 7..had my kids later in life.....I am only new here so have you read the book? We can do this cant we....
          Torie

Comment

New here

Hi Whitetiger

Welcome. I suggest that reading the book provides the inspiration and hope that we were all looking for when we first joined. Read the book, then make a plan ... and stick to it.

It really can get better. There are a lot of people here who have become totally alcohol-free, others are moderating nicely. It's not easy but it can be done.

Good to have you here. You too, Auntgriselda.

Comment

New here

I've just gotten the book and started reading it. Also got the Kudzu but haven't used it yet. I have to go to a meeting in San Francisco in a couple of weeks and may take the K. with me there! I understand it really helps with moderation.
              Please don't feel like a failure. There is a lot of help here and a couple of weeks ago I was feeling totally dismal too. You can do it!! It feels so very good to be sitting here tonight sending you a message instead of falling into bed halfway passed out!

Comment

New here

hey White tiger & aunty

I know only to well what its like they loneliness and three kids mine are 9, 8 and 5 and not having that first drink is just so hard. hang in there it is hard but it is worth it read, post and chat as much as you can and need the people on here are great non judgementle and supportive no matter how many times we fall. cheers kimbo
                Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

New here

aHH...Thanks, you are all so understanding.....its just so hard , but i can do it and i will do it....another part of my story is that for 20 years i fought anorexia where i almost died more then once...so i can do this.....thanks...
                  Torie

Comment

New here

Hi Tigergirl and Auntieg :welcome:

This is a great site, read the book and join in, there are so many of us in the same boat. I too was mainly a wine drinker for the past 20 years. Things have gotten progressively worse but since coming to MWO I have had more AF days than I had in the previous 13 years. My girls are 13 and 15 and I want to be a better mother to them.

Rustop

Comment

New here

Tiger, you have battled one battle we can rally for the next one.............together...... lets not let this one get the upper hand hey, says me with a bottle of wine under the belt ( a nice slip for the night) SORRY ! I was doin o.k toooo
                      tomorrow we dust off and start day one af
                      cheers kimbo
                      Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

New here

How are you doing White Tiger? Haven't heard from you in a few days. Hope you are hanging in there!

Comment

Working...
                        X