Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant stop drinking

Hi all,

for the last eighteen months I have been drin king at least one bottle of wine per night. I cant stand the way this addiction of mine is controlling me. Every morning I vow never to drink again however I seem to lack the willpower to stop.

Any advice

Cant stop drinking

Hi Can't Stop. :welcome:
    I was in your shoes, probably still am for that matter but have been without wine for the past week. I didn't think I could do it but it wasn't that hard. It really helped to read the posts on here and since I joined on Oct. 1st I decided to try the October Fest. AF for the whole month. I have felt SO much better without that hungover dull feeling. I wish you luck!. Read the posts on the thread about the benefits of AF.
    You can do it if you just try one day at a time!
    AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

Cant stop drinking

hey there!

I just want to be here for you since everyone was for me when I was new and trying desparately to quit. It is possible, and I have faith that you can do it, We are all here to help you:welcome:

Please let us all know what we can do to help:h or just pm if you feel like venting some frustrations, I do that often

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Cant stop drinking

Understand--- this group is great--- welcome aboard!

Comment

Cant stop drinking

Hi there

I know it seems as if you don't have any control. But you might just surprise yourself.
          Part of this is about your mental attitude and having enough support. People with worse habits than yours have slowed down or quit altogether.

Try a few days or a week and see how you feel.

Comment

Cant stop drinking

:welcome: I'm new here myself and was in your shoes. I have had one glass of wine in the past 26 days (in a controlled environment - I don't think I can have a bottle of vino in the house anytime soon). But, last year, when I tried to quit, I would not have believed it possible to do what I am doing now.

Nancy's advice is terrific. Just for starters give yourself a short goal and see how you feel. And please let us know how it's going for you.

Read as much as you can here, there is a lot of good information, encouragment, and all round support.

Comment

Cant stop drinking

I've been here since April & have had some real success along w/some slips. Keep coming to MWO. The support & camaraderie is quite incredible. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Cant stop drinking

Hi
                I am new here too and i understand exactly how cant stop drinking is feeling, but its great having the support here...
                Torie

Comment

Cant stop drinking

Thanks for the replies everyone I am on day 2 at the moment and determined NOT to drink today. Thanks for all your supportive messages; what a great site this is i'm glad I found it.

Comment

Cant stop drinking

cantstopdrinking;206229 wrote: Thanks for the replies everyone I am on day 2 at the moment and determined NOT to drink today. Thanks for all your supportive messages; what a great site this is i'm glad I found it.
                    nice bro, i know exactly how u feel. keep it up. i am going to go one day at a time. i remember when i didn't drink how incredible i felt, thats the "buzz" i REALLY want. stay strong, i am on day one today.

Comment

Working...
                    X