Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing the Master Cleanse!!

and I am SO excited!!!

I got all the stuff today, and begin tomorrow.
    Thanks to all in the prior thread for inspiring me!!!

I'll let you know how it goes.
    (somehow it seems easier to think of not drinking with another objective in action)
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

What is a master cleanse?
    Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

MOW- I only just saw this- how did you do?

Comment

Hi Marbella - well, actually, I only lasted a few hours. I felt awful and was having trouble being at work. Since I need to eradicate candida, I've decided to do a candida cleanse first so the master cleanse won't be as brutal. So I'm doing well with the candida cleanse now... and when I'm feeling better I'll do the master cleanse for sure.

Comment

Damn, it isn't easy is it- how are you going about the Candida Cleanse if I may ask?

The candida diet would be impossible for me, although I am sure I have it due to the home saliva test. Is there an easier way?

Comment

I went to a naturopath, and she prescribed me Nystatin - an anti-fungal for the gut. So I'm taking that 3 x/day, and a powerful probiotic. These two things are doing a lot of the work. And then there's the diet... oy vay! I'm not much of a sweets-eater (except after lunch, I always want something sweet), so it's not hard to avoid chocolate, pastries, etc. I eat a pretty good diet anyway - few refined foods - so it wasn't a dramatic shift. I didn't eat much bread or pasta before. What is hardest is giving up coffee (I am a 4-6 cup a day gal). And no tamari!! I love tofu - but only if I can season it with tamari!!!
            I'm still slipping on the alcohol some. I've come a long way the past few months - drinking far less than before - but over the weekend I drank two nights. That is going to stop.

Here's what's cool - I am losing desire for the foods I shouldn't be eating. I think that shows that the yeast were making me want sweets after lunch, the occasional bready-thing... and now that they are dying off I don't want that so much.

This morning I was able to fit into pants that I haven't fit into for over a year!! I don't get bloated in the afternoons like i used to. I have more energy and I think less brain fog. And I've only been on the cleanse for 8 days so far!!

Comment

I started the Master Cleanse last week and only made it until 2:00 in the afternoon. Lemonade is very acidic, not to mention the cayenne pepper being rough on an empty stomach. I started getting so nauseous by about 2 p.m., that I barely made it to a restroom (I was out shopping) where I proceeded to vomit like crazy. As soon as I was through, I went straight to Burger King and got a Whopper, fries and a coke! I felt MUCH better. I dont recommend it if you have not tried fasting before.
              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

myownwoman I think you'll do better like I said on the master cleanse thread that I started, finish this cleanse. it seems to be doing wonders for you.
                prest4time your cleansing story sounds like a lot of my friends who tried it. you are right, it's not for everyone.
                Trix
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

CaptJBean;206063 wrote: What is a master cleanse?
                  http://www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I want to try the master cleanse. I have purchased the syrup, the lemons are easy, I am looking for the cayenne pepper capsules. (I figure GNC will have them, if anyone knows where to get them, let me know.)

However, I am concerned about acid. I had gastric bypass almost 3 years ago and I am very sensitive to acid foods.

Nonetheless, I love the idea of fasting (used to fast as a teenager for religious reasons) and feel like the experience will just add to my AF time and my health.

Wish me luck. (However, I will need to do this when I am at home for some time, hard to do from hotel rooms...)

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey Cindi - when I was learning about the master cleanse I read somewhere to not use the capsules for cayenne... there was some reason why you don't want the capsule itself in your body during the fast.
                      I found the lemonade with cayenne was quite good. Even after I ended the cleanse I made it just to drink cuz i liked it!!

Comment

I am on my 3rd day of the Master Cleanse so far. I plan to do 10 days. So far no problems, just miss my coffee and wine. I think the weekend will be hard, but I have no plans. Just plan to clean and get caught up. I have done the Hollywood diet for 2 days many times before so I am use to fasting a bit. Just thought I would share with you.
                        Blessings,
                        Angel

Comment

Great job Angel! Keep letting us know how it goes. I do look forward to doing it in the future....

Comment

I will keep you posted.
                            Blessings,

Angel

Comment

Day 4 is going well after a mishap this morning. I put 2 tblsp. of sea salt in 1 quart of water instead of 2 tsp. While drinking it I was wandering why it tasted so salty. Got sick and had to throw up. Won't do that again! Other than that going well.
                              Blessings,
                              Angel

Comment

Working...
                              X