Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Tuesday

Good morning everyone.

Well made it through yesterday AF and feel much better this morning and much more positive. I did have a few wine thoughts while putting the pizza in the oven but they passed over. I think I'll take a leaf out of Mary's book and stop counting for a while just take it ODAT. I was so proud when I achieved my 30 Day goal and then so low when I broke my AF spell. Thank God for this site. Hope everyone has a good day, I'm on a cleaning spree.

Rustop

Good morning Rustop and all to come.
    I also made it through yesterday, and will today as I'm working. I have also stopped
    counting, after I made it to 6 months and then lapsed it was soul destroying. So for
    me at the moment it's ODAT.
    Have a good day all.
    Love Paula.xx

Comment

Newbies in need ODAT Tuesday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

i hope no one minds me starting this thread today. i'd like to say something encouraging to each and every one of you........but my memory ain't all that yet and i don't want to miss anybody out.......i hope everyone is ok.

i've been completely af for 9 days now.........9 days........that's the longest in 6 yrs for me, so i'm pretty pleased with myself. my friend (that i was talking about on yesterdays thread) and i went 3mths af 6 yrs ago. ever since i started drinking again after that its been a hideous battle, dragging myself along trying to fight this........9days isn't much i know but i'm feeling hopeful.

i was up late reading some very imformative and encouraging threads last night. i like looking at where people have been and where they are now........its really helping me develop a belief in myself..........i'm learning a lot at a deeper level......there's something different going on inside me, i just can't put my finger on it yet.

i have to say that i was dying for a drink last night and i know i'll feel the same tonight. this is where ODAT is really going to kick in for me. that little voice is already saying i've done well..go on treat your self. whats that all about eh!!!! crazy crazy nasty disease................I KNOW I CANNOT MODERATE, I AM AN ALCOHOLIC.....

So i'm praying that i and everyone gets through another af day

want
      xxx

hi rus and paula,
      sorry rus, i hadn't realised you'd started the thread.
      glad to hear your both still on track.
      i didn't know you'd gone 6mths af Paula, that brill.......if i get that far i'd be gutted to if i lapsed, but your 6mths is so encouraging to me.
      why do we beat are selves up so badly that we defeat what we're striving for? why can we not give ourselves the same understanding and compassion we give others? :huh: i'm terrible for punishing myself and it has got me no where fast
      i'm going on a cleaning spree now
      have a good day girls
      want
      xx
      AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
      There's fire in your eyes,
      Bite me, excite me,
      I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
      Brings eternal flame.
      Open me to heaven,
      To heal me again.

Comment

Hi Everyone: Feel very commited today. I'll guard my abstinence w/my life today. See you all later. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone

I am on day 7 of my trial 7-day AF period. It feels pretty good. Granted, I did not go out much in the last week.

I have been enjoying the hypno CDs again. I never have done them religiously but I am really trying for that now. They are very positive and relaxing.

To Want Real Meaning: That's great that you are doing some reading of old threads so you can see the amazing progress people have made. I know what you mean about a change in thinking deep inside. Good luck. 9 days is very good especially after so many years with no AF streaks.

Comment

Hi to Rustop, Paula, Want, Mary, Nancy and all to follow. Mary when you said you are guarding your abstinence with all your life....thats exactly how I feel at the moment. 9 days and its weird but since day 3, the days seem to be passing quickly and I have to say I have had no real bad cravings. I don't know if its because there's a part of me thats accepted this is the way its got to be. There is no alternative for me.

When I first found MWO I took the advice and went for the 30 days AF before trying to moderate my drinking. I've found out that's not going to work. It wasn't the amount I was drinking that worried me this time but the wanting, the need, and the thinking about that drink.....that's not normal/moderate drinking. Also, it was my mood, I have been so down - I know a lot had to do with losing dad but I simply couldn't lift myself even though I knew he would be appalled with me after everything we've gone through with mam's drinking - and still are. I know it was only a matter of time before I'd be back to that litre bottle a day.

Its amazing the knock-on effect it has on the rest of your life though. I can cope so much better. I am definitely happier when I am not drinking, I see the positives as opposed to the negatives of a situation and I am appreciating the small things in life at the moment....the autumn colours, the birds on the feeder, my roses that are still in bloom (especially the one called "My Dad"!!). My memories of Dad are happy ones as opposed to those awful last two days. We only have one Life - mine is getting better and that's a good enough incentive as any to stay Af.

Thank you all for helping me on this journey, this time I've bought a one way ticket, no going back!!!

Janicexxx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Dear, dear friends: I too lapsed after a pretty long AF stint. It's pretty awful. I'm absolutely not going to let that happen this time. I want a completely AF life...I'm not afraid to say that I need that since I'm an alcoholic. Like you Janice, it's not even the amount I drank. It's my attitude & behavior around drinking that is out of kilter. Normal drinkers do not obssess, hide, & feel ashamed. I am not going to let anything at all happen to my sobriety today or any other day. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary, I do agree, that normal drinkers do not behave as we do. If I have just one
                drink sometimes I can manage just the one, but usually I end thinking, only one more
                and then I'll stop,but I rarely do. I too am going to try to not let anything happen to make
                me feel the horrendous emotions, and guilt feelings I have had of late.
                Best of luck to all of us. Paula.xx

Comment

Working...
                X