whats wrong with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats wrong with me

i hate the way i feel the next day after i drink. its clear to me now that i am a binge drinker. i must of had close to 4 bottles of wine on sat, embarrassed my self in front of friends and my gf's family. the next day i began having horrible panic attatcks, so i start drinking to calm down. vicious circle. i also recently found out i have hep. c and i continue to drink. i just don't know where to start, i feel like, "i can't survive with out my booze." i always feel much better when i don't drink too. shit, i just don't know where to begin. any advice would be awesome right now, thanks for listening.

whats wrong with me

I am the exact same way man. My binges start out just like yours. Just drinking to kill the panic attacks from the hangover. Then I have an even worse hangover the next day so I repeat. I will do that for three or four days until the thought of a drink makes me puke. Vicious cycle. Day six AF free for me now. Went over a month until last Sunday then had a four or five day binge. So I am starting this program again. Worked the first time, but then I thought I was fine. Guess I was wrong!
    l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Trill Recognizes Trill

Comment

whats wrong with me

NPGBI;206248 wrote: I am the exact same way man. My binges start out just like yours. Just drinking to kill the panic attacks from the hangover. Then I have an even worse hangover the next day so I repeat. I will do that for three or four days until the thought of a drink makes me puke. Vicious cycle. Day six AF free for me now. Went over a month until last Sunday then had a four or five day binge. So I am starting this program again. Worked the first time, but then I thought I was fine. Guess I was wrong!
      is that tatoo of a Phoenix?

Comment

whats wrong with me

Naw it is a Swallow. That one is on my left arm I call it "Broken Swallow". On my right arm I have the fixed version of him in tradtional Blue and Orange, both behind my elbows.
        l ______
        /l ,[____],
        l---L -[]lllllll[]-
        ()_) ()_)----)_)

Trill Recognizes Trill

Comment

whats wrong with me

NPGBI;206250 wrote: Naw it is a Swallow. That one is on my left arm I call it "Broken Swallow". On my right arm I have the fixed version of him in tradtional Blue and Orange, both behind my elbows.
          whats the signifigance, just curious, if its personal i understand.

Comment

whats wrong with me

I can so relate with you. The drinking causes the panic attacks and the only way to get over an attack is to drink more! I would get so panicky I could not go to the grocery store without taking a drink beforehand. I even drank in the church bathroom before I went up for communion because I would get so panicky and my legs would shake because I had to walk up to the front of the church. Even now, if I am in an uncomfortable situation or in someone's home, I search the bathroom for mouthwash to relax me and I am on anxiety meds, but they don't really help when it comes to crunch time. I wish you well dealing with the panic attacks and the self medication.
            Adnil

Comment

whats wrong with me

adnil;206257 wrote: I can so relate with you. The drinking causes the panic attacks and the only way to get over an attack is to drink more! I would get so panicky I could not go to the grocery store without taking a drink beforehand. I even drank in the church bathroom before I went up for communion because I would get so panicky and my legs would shake because I had to walk up to the front of the church. Even now, if I am in an uncomfortable situation or in someone's home, I search the bathroom for mouthwash to relax me and I am on anxiety meds, but they don't really help when it comes to crunch time. I wish you well dealing with the panic attacks and the self medication.
              Adnil
              thanks, my panic attacks stop when i dont drink, so im not going to drink today. good luck to u too and stay strong

Comment

whats wrong with me

my swallow is on my upper left arm(reminder tattoos from the army)lol serious token though most people that binge will drink the next day to stop the shakes, paranoia,panic attacks etc etc we look at it as a cure but we are just kidding ourselves on its just prolonging the agony the been there done that t-shirt springs to mind the only cure is abs if not moderation but if your like me im an all out person either tottaly blitzed or stone cold sober(no mods)where i will lift a glass the next day and oblivion again and keep going til im that phsyically sick that i require hospital treatment the only way forward is to regain abs if not mods and seek proffesional advice!!!
                from mitch
                Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.

Comment

whats wrong with me

adnil i relate to you there the alcohol for the confidence booster(its bull really)the booze strips away at you phsically and mentally but i found out that comes back i was a former shaddow of myself but due to 8month abs my confidence is back and i dont need that drink before going anywhere even though my levels of anxiety are really high i have had a small blip within 9 months but im only human!!" if at first you dont sucseed try and try again" from mitch keep up the abs god bless
                  Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget.

Comment

whats wrong with me

fammy, I'm sure you already know this, but drinking with Hep C is like pouring gasoline on a fire. I just finished treatment for Hep C last Christmas. If it weren't for going to the doctor after finding MWO I wouldn't have known for years. You really need to stop drinking, liver failure is an awful way to go and alcohol will only accelerate that.

This is a great place you have found with many helpful members who are going through similar struggles. If you PM me, I will send you some Hep C sites to go to as well.

You can beat this!
                    Marcie

Comment

whats wrong with me

Hi Fammy,
                      Ahh your story is like mine although I dont suffer panic attacks mine is more when I feel lonely so drinking is my friend....its hard.....just try one day at a time...I give myself rewards for not drinking and I have found that has helped....Today is my first day without any drink for 2 weeks, yes I feel terrible and like I have failed, but reading and writing here has already started to help....Take care of yourself, liver failure is not what you want.....You can do this

Comment

whats wrong with me

fammy;206253 wrote: whats the signifigance, just curious, if its personal i understand.
                        My left arm is everything I want to leave behind, all the ink on my right arm is where I want to be. Guess you would have to see the sleeve on my left arm to understand it all. Keep at man you came here for a reason, the same one we all did.
                        l ______
                        /l ,[____],
                        l---L -[]lllllll[]-
                        ()_) ()_)----)_)

Trill Recognizes Trill

Comment

whats wrong with me

well, it never happenened, i drank. i may need to figure out initially, how i keep myself from binge drinking, could be topamax. its the weekends that absolutely kill me. i dont see anything wrong with drinkin 3 glasses of red wine a nite, but drinking 4 bottles in one day or 18 beers in a day, is nooooooo good for me. just my thoughts

Comment

whats wrong with me

hi fammy i can totally relate to your post. i have a real problem with binge drinking and i never know when to stop once i start. i read your earlier post about embarrasing yourself in front on your gf's family and i know exactly how you feel. not too long ago i got so drunk at my bf's nephews birthday party that i could hardly stand and fell flat on my face in front of his mum and sister. it was this incident that led me to try and sort myself out and what ultimatley led me to this site. i hope you find the answer's you are looking for here and everyone is always ready to help with good advice. your in the right place. remember your not alone we have all done it. x

Comment

whats wrong with me

shellbee;207346 wrote: hi fammy i can totally relate to your post. i have a real problem with binge drinking and i never know when to stop once i start. i read your earlier post about embarrasing yourself in front on your gf's family and i know exactly how you feel. not too long ago i got so drunk at my bf's nephews birthday party that i could hardly stand and fell flat on my face in front of his mum and sister. it was this incident that led me to try and sort myself out and what ultimatley led me to this site. i hope you find the answer's you are looking for here and everyone is always ready to help with good advice. your in the right place. remember your not alone we have all done it. x
                              i appreciate that, thank u for the support

Comment

Working...
                              X