video games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video games?

ok, what could be more manly than hyper-intensified senseless violence conveniently blazing away on your home computer or xbox? wooooo doggy!!

I've not played a singe game in over a decade and recently took the plunge with both Doom III and Battlefield 2142

ok guys...fess up
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

video games?

Hahahaha, I love how you think no women are going to infiltrate this thread. Not that I would. But you know what I mean. I don't play video games BTW.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

video games?

suuuure you don't Lushy.....
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

video games?

lushy is a tomb raider for sure!
        "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

video games?

I think your on to something Max, Lushy, you been in the movies lately? hmmmm.....
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

video games?

halo, halo 2, halo 3 or lord of the rings - play with the kids. thats my story and I'm stickin to it - kimbo
            Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

video games?

boycie;207223 wrote: halo, halo 2, halo 3 or lord of the rings - play with the kids. thats my story and I'm stickin to it - kimbo
              funny you should mention the Halo trilogy there boycie I was only introduced to it 2 days ago by a mate and it does wanna make me get an Xbox after seeing it as the graphics are amazing! I'm at that age I think now were I'm kind of just letting technology pass me buy a bit! although my brother did buy me an ipod nano last January for my birthday which I couldn't do without most days. But back to the games: PC has to be Need for Speed and Playstation 2 (which is the only console I have) I just cannot get enough of the Tombraider series and could play the lot of em over and over again. Gaming is a great way to keep yourself occupied when your giving up the booze as well as you can really loose yourself in some of these games and so you don't tend to be thinking about the drink all the time. It can seem like you're replacing one addiction with another if you let it but during my early days of sobriety I would do just about anything to keep me occupied! I even got green fingered for a while as well!
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

video games?

C'mon Lushy.... you need to get a Wii! I NEVER played video games until now.... this one is interactive. The bowling and tennis are a blast! My arm is actually sore from practicing my serve... lol. Hope the neighbors arent watching me swing an invisible tennis racket through the windows...
                If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

video games?

I need help on the Wii. I want to get one for my daughter for Christmas because I heard they were interactive and I think it would be a hoot, not to mention would burn some calories. Anyone else have a Wii and what games to get besides bowling and tennis???

And Allie, how care you post on the Guy's Thread. So disrespectful!

Comment

video games?

lushy;211471 wrote: I need help on the Wii.
                    shouldnt you see a doctor for that?
                    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

video games?

lushy;211471 wrote: I need help on the Wii. I want to get one for my daughter for Christmas because I heard they were interactive and I think it would be a hoot, not to mention would burn some calories. Anyone else have a Wii and what games to get besides bowling and tennis???

And Allie, how care you post on the Guy's Thread. So disrespectful!
                      Hey Lushy my mate has a Wii but I don't see what all the fuss is about really after playing on his. I think with the original starter package you get the console and one controller (which has an elasticated wrist strap on it so you don't end up throwing it at your TV screen) plus an introductory games package containing Tennis, Golf, Boxing, Baseball and Bowling. They do give you a good introduction to what the Wii is capable of, no doubt, but I was really disappointed to put it bluntly. Much more has been put into the game play and obviously the new concept and way in which we play the games rather than the graphics and realism, which is something that really gets me hooked on games. The best two of the sport games for there realism had to be Baseball and Bowling for me. When you are in to bat you really do need to time it right and take a good swing and when you are pitching you can throw curve balls etc (I did unintentionally a lot of the time!!). And the bowling you do have to release and aim true to get a strike or you can swerve the shot as well etc. It gets some getting used to at first and how to relate the hand held controller to the senser at the front of the console (usually placed on top of the TV) but once you get the hang of it it can be quite fun. I was expecting a lot more from it and you can buy additional games (quite expensive I believe) as well but I haven't seen that many advertised recently (probably because I hardly watch TV these days).

I personally would go for an Xbox, they have wireless control pads so you can walk about exercising while you play the games!!! Or if you have a really good imagination, like me, you can jump about hiding behind chairs etc pretending to fight demons or whatever it is that's in front of you on screen!!!! Ya still get the exercise whatever!!

Hope this helps lushy. xmas will soon be upon us again so hurry up and decide!!!

Love and Happiness
                      Hippie
                      xx
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

video games?

Thanks! So an Xbox is interactive as well? Did not know....will check it out.

Comment

video games?

lushy;211806 wrote: Thanks! So an Xbox is interactive as well? Did not know....will check it out.
                          Lushy the Xbox is only interactive through the internet connection it has; It is not the same as the Wii. My explanation may of been misleading because of the wireless controllers they have with the Xbox. You can play 2 player games in split screen mode or more over the internet. Like most consoles these days you only get one controller so they make you buy another one too if you want to play 2 player games rather than play yourself against the computer. I'm not knocking the Wii I just had higher expectations! It is worth doing some research I think if you are going to splash out on a new console though and you do need to shop around to find the best deals as they can vary in price quite considerably.

Hippie xx

Comment

Working...
                          X