The truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truth

:new: I need all the support I can get at this point as I am undertaking this life changing challenge privately...presently. I still feel like a failure, if I was to admit to my family my problem, like they don't know. I know they know better but they seem to not mention it. I come from a long line of addicts. 3 brothers and 1 sister all of who have been consumed by addiction at some point in their lives. Mom and Dad as well. In comparison with my sibilings I have faired well to this point. Knowing I have such a family history of addiction... I have tried along time to keep it to a minimum. It seems to have caught up with me and my denial of my disease has finally come to truth!!

The truth

Hi... I am new here as well, and have yet to fully succeed in a non-beer night. But I have been able to cut way back. I also have not told my family, and I have asked my husband not to as well. I don't think they would judge me, but I am just not up for the "how's it going with the beer consumption?" I do confer with a friend whom I trust, and I always find time to read lots of these posts.. my goal right now is just one night... just one night...

I know what it's like to feel like a failure, but I refuse to give up trying. It's almost as if we punish ourselves with more alcohol because we are so ashamed. I usually go through a case of beer in 2 - 3 days... so far this one has lasted 3 days and I still have some left... I look forward to it being empty ... then hopefully me not buying more.

good luck ... I know it is scary for me too...

lets keep in touch.. deb
    :sigh:

Comment

The truth

Thanks, I feel like you, in that I really don't want any monitoring by my family in case I fail. My husband's solution is ,just don't drink...he doesn't get it....lucky him!! He puts such a simple twist on it I would feel like a failure if he where to know I was trying again. I drink a bottle of wine per night(750mls)...starting at 8pm and usually done by 9 30pm. When I have tried to cut back in the past i switch to a few beers a night, but I go back to the wine.. it has been a few years since I haven't had my wine. I justify by telling myself red wine is good for you, I just omit "in moderation" and it all seems rational!! Whatever , I know better and I want to stop or even cut way back for good. Knowing my family history it is probably best to be AF. Will switch to beer for tonight limiting it to 2.... my goal for today. Maybe tomorrow... none we will see. Again thanks for the support and i wish you strength!! Tammy

Comment

The truth

My husband is the same way... just stop... unless he plans on going out then it's ok... I will try only two today also.. we shall see. it is coming up on 4oclock when I seem to get the major cravings... deb

Comment

The truth

I am right there with you on the 4PM cravings!!! I told my boyfriend (he doesn't drink at all) that I want to be AF for 30 days & he is supportive. We shall see... BabyGirl

Comment

The truth

hey there. welcome are you guys wanting to start on the mwo? have you downloaded the book yet?
            :welcome:

Comment

The truth

let me know if i can support you.
              :welcome:

Comment

The truth

I have not downloaded the book. I can't decide if I should go for the soft sided book instead. What's it like reading a book on pdf? -older computer not so much memory?

Comment

The truth

I read the book and was very motivated back in January and had some success....but on that I find I am right back to where I was before I started. So I am feeling motivated again started supps. and will try to listen to the hypno therapy, time consuming. This time I will try all the available avenues. I haven't done the Topomax, little leary of the fog factor...it is hard enough to get by and stay organized without a fog...we will see though!!Tammy...now i am off for walk!!

Comment

The truth

so we didn't do a puzzle ( he wanted to play chinney hockey with his brother instead) but I have made it past five o'clock.. that's something new.

Comment

Working...
                    X