It's not happening for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I've not been around for a while, it's almost as if coming here means facing up to my problem, and if I avoid it, I can pretend that it is manageable.
    For me, my drinking has escalated. I have been able to have as much as 5 AF days together, then would binge to compensate! I have realised that I haven't wanted it enough, or I would have achieved it by now (AF I mean). Once, I was really on a roll, and the thought of the taste of wine repulsed me, I was on my 5th day and my husband (who now knows I am battling this) decided that he was going to open a bottle of red. I could have easily have said no but I didn't, it was almost like an auto-response. I wasn't in control, I just had it. Then as you all know, you feel such a failure and guilt and feel like shit, so you think you may as well drink the following night too. And there the cycle begins again.
    I'm so very tired of that feeling 'going AF today' and wondering if I will make it past 3 days.
    I am now on anti-depressents, and have resigned from work, but that's not due to this, it's because we are moving etc. So really I have no excuse, as I'm not under the same pressure. I have much more time with the kids and can organise my life much better. But that bottle of wine lurks in the corners of my mind, beckoning me, enticing me, telling me it's my only vice and I don't go out.....so what the hell? It reminds me of my teenage years, the excitement of doing something you shouldn't but enjoying it anyway.....

Well guys, I just wanted to let you know how I'm doing. I'm definitely going to try again, and perhaps use some different techniques, as this is just becoming boring. I hope you are all doing ok, I will hopefully catch up with some of you soon. Wakeupmom - I've missed you!!

LR
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

Hang in there!

Well, LilyRose it's so hard for me too! I am approaching day 5 accompanied by Topamax and not feeling very well yet. Everyday is a struggle. If I could only have an all around good day, I know things woould look up.

I understond that now being able to spend more time with your children is wonderful, however, how tempting it is when you have more time on your hands. But you can do it. Just read some of the statements of those who have been AF for 30 to 365 days and how well they are doing. They were in the same shape as we are now and it didn't take them any more will power then it's going to take us.

I will pray for you and all of us that we keep moving forward.....this is so emotional....we have to get through this........I am so glad we all have each other.

Please take care!

Theresa x o x o x o

Comment

Yep guys - just slug it out for a few more days and you will largely have cracked it!

After about a week AF I found things rapidly improved - but the trick for me was getting past day4 or 5.
      For me - those were always the worst - after I had them behind me - it was all much easier!

It is SOOOO worth doing - I feel better and more alive than I have in 20 plus years.

If I can do this - you can too - just hang in there or a few more days - I promise it WILL get easier soon - you will get loads of energy back and will be sleeping better and you will feel GREAT.

Day 85 AF for me today BTW - and it ROCKS here - I got my life back!

Love

Satori

xxx
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

7 days AF for me today and im really starting to feel really good. Hang on in there my friend,all the AF days will be worth it, this I PROMISE you.

Comment

Hi Everyone: Lily & T, please keep on. Come here & read & post. Sometimes I come here to MWO only for a few minutes just to read. It reinforces my resolve to be AF. I've had more success here since July than I have in many, many years. I haven't been perfect, but I came back here anyway. I know I can do it. Even when I slipped, I didn't spiral into a binge. I got right back into my program. You can do the same. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

You guys are all so wonderful. Thank you so much! Love, T.

Comment

Lilly !!

Lilly Rose!!
              I was thrilled to see you are posting back-i have missed you too,been looking out for you.Thought you might be taking some time out.
              Its positive that you have seen your GP and got a little help with your emotions.Giving up work too will help eleviate the pressure for a while.
              Please stay close,don't go xx
              A big hi to you you T and well done for making a huge step and coming here,it is so easy to feel lonley,desperate and isolated,with this problem xx
              I have had some ups and downs and the downs,can feel so consuming.I am making progress in that in my sober days i am reinforcing why its such a waste of life to drink and i will not give up!
              With you all the way

Comment

sometimes I feel the same

Lily and T and Santori (How inspiring you are!!) I think I am going to make day 1 today, then the weekend will be tough, but I have done it before.......................HOPE, HOPE, HOPE, that is what you get here!!:h

And lots of people who care deeply about you because we all share the same misery when we are drinking and out of control, RIGHT!??! We can stay strong and feel the power when we are AF, like Satori and others have said, it gets better!!!

Wishing you (and myself)luck and succes tonight,

Much love hugs and kisses!!!!:l

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi to you Cowgal ,
                  You can do this-just for tonight tomorrow is another day xx

Comment

Working...
                  X