new and curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new and curious

I just finished reading the book MWO an it seems too good to be true. I see myself in my pages and wonder if change is really possible. The word "easy" appears alot in the book and that makes me cautious as I have tried to quit drinking many times..it wasn't easy and I failed.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Also, has anyone done the program without Topiramate? Is it easy to find a doctor to prescribe it?

Thanks. I am going to start the program mo matter waht because I want to wake up in the morning liking myself not feeling quilty. Thanks.:new:

new and curious

Welcome to MWO dimax - if you are really determined to commit yourself to the programme and want to change your drinking habit so badly, you will do it. It's never going to be easy though. Some of us manage without the medication and dip in and out of the programme, tailoring it to our own needs - eg I just take the vits/supps and the cds (though I haven't been very discilpined with them this time round!). Coming on here is what helps me the most - its a lifeline. We are all different - you have to do whats best for you. Read as much as you can, read old posts then decide whats best for you. It depends where you are re GPs prescribing Topiramate - you can't get it in the UK. Good luck with your journey! Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

new and curious

Dimax,

Perhaps the word "easier" should be used.

For some, the program is easy, these are the ones that are problem drinkers and not alcoholics. However, even for us alcoholics, this way is much easier than anything else I have ever tried.

If you are truly addicted to alcohol -- physical and mental -- nothing is EASY about it, BUT the supplements help, the website helps and determination helps.

You can do this. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can!! I am a wussie girl that doesn't like to work hard at anything and yet here I am, sober and happy for actually more days than my stars indicate!!

:welcome: and keep reading and trying. One day it all "clicks."

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

new and curious

Hi there, and welcome!

I've taken meds rather than stuck strictly to the programme, but I've used whatever I had to to make sure I stayed sober. A bit from here, a bit from there.... sometimes all of them at once.

First thing is to decide you are going to do it, then just do it. You will find your own way, all you need is determination (NOT willpower). Find the tools YOU need.
        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

new and curious

Hi Dimax and welcome! I've been AF for 11 days now and that's the first time in many years. So far I've only taken the vitamins but will try the Kudzu and L-Glut soon. I feel SO much better and coming here to read all the posts really helps. I've thought about wine a lot but then I think about how I felt drinking a bottle or two every night and know I don't want to go back to that.
          Hang in there. You can do it!!
          AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

new and curious

My wife and I have been following the program to the letter and it has been easier than any other thing we have done over the years of struggle. Just started our 3rd week. Why not give it a shot? I can attest to the value of the topa-suplement-hypnosis three pronged approach!

Good Luck!
            ?If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.? -Wayne Dyer

Comment

new and curious

Change is DEFINATELY possible. It just depends on how bad YOU want it. Some of us must hit ROCK BOTTOM [ME] before we vow to change, and even than, some of us go back out to SAMPLE the hell and misery again [ME]

I was AF for a year and a half,than about a year ago, I decided to SAMPLE the lifestyle again. I was told that it NEVER gets better if you decide to go back out after a long time of abstinance, and for EVERYBODY I know, that is 100% truthful..

Im so darn determined this time and I do believe that I can/will make it. If you want it [sobority], its there for the taking,but it aint allways going to be easy.

Comment

new and curious

My feelings exactly..........

I am the same. Just read the book and got the 4 set-hypno CDs and currently wanting to do the same as you and leave out the Topamax and give it a try with supplements and hypnosis to see if that will do the trick. I am already finding that reading the form is already giving me a big boost.

Comment

Working...
                X