todays my birthday... la la la la la

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whoo hoo. Just another reason to drink huh? Actually I am going out with a friend who understands my ways.. so we are planning a dinner and if we decide a beer or two... I agreed to go out with the contingency that it won't be a late night and I want to be able to put my kids to bed... no problem.. ( I love those who support and help):l

my ex-drinking buddy is mad cuz she wanted to "party all night" I said... no thank you...
    (My counselor has advised me to set boundaries with her and say 'no thank you' ) Unfortunately she is way more gone than I ever want to be. Because of her huge mistakes in the last three months she has stated she no longer wants to be married, gets annoyed when the kids have their sports..(interrupts drinking time) . and goes out after everyone goes to bed and doesn't come back until after the kids leave for school... Of course all those who are her friends are wrong when they say she needs help.. in fact it's our fault that she felt she needed to go out alone.. ... I wish I knew if there was more I could do (*her husband is beside himself as well) but it is like talking to a brick wall. My counselor says If I don't set my boundaries now then I might easily get raked down with her.... any thoughts?
    :sigh:

Rapala,

I HATE to say this because I am such a softie, BUT, this girl will drag you down with what she is doing.

Please introduce her to MWO or AA, or something else. She REALLY needs it.

You, however, are looking at the consequences of what you are doing. :goodjob:

Keep it up. Do not let others in your life drag you down.

You can come out of this much better than where you are today.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

BTW, and I am sorry for not mentioning this first,

:disco:

Happy Birthday!!

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks cindi - I think I needed to really hear that.. she won't listen when people say she is drinking too much ( she says we are the ones with a problem cuz we are hypocrites) . Then, after making me feel like shit over and over she would keep coming over (she's my neighbor) and I , also a softie, would say.. ok I will have a beer and a smoke which always led too many. It breaks my heart to not see her and talk to her.. but really was I such a good friend or someone to drink with.. I wish I could convince her to get help so I don't feel like I am leaving her behind to ruin herself, her kids and family. ughghhghghghgh I am going to get a can of beer and tell it to go to hell... if the kids weren't in the back playing I would throw it and watch it explode which is what it has done to my life.... actually I think I will do that after they go to bed

Comment

Happy birthday Rapala!!!

I'm sorry but you need to take of you at the minute, tell your friend how you feel .....
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Put her in a straight jacket.......just kidding. I'm too new to know how to advise you, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RAPALA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.......and a whole lot more.

Have fun tonight and be good!

Theresa

Comment

Rapala,

I am very close to my daughter. She is an alcoholic, she cannot get past 1:00 pm without a drink.

She loves me enough to stay "AF" when I am around her. Which means she "sneaks it" but how awesome is that??

My daughter is such a blessing in my life and tries so hard to be AF but she 'SHAKES RATTLES AND ROLLS" when she goes AF. sigh

But she would NEVER imperial the path I am on and the sobriety. She knows how precious it is and hard to achieve.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Happy Birthday!

I'm with the folks who say you need to set boundaries. And remember that you can't solve her problems, only she can. The best you can do (for both of you) is to lead by example. Maybe she'll eventually decide that she wants out, too, and she'll see that it's possible.

peace and strength,
                lilnev
                Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
                A: Practice, of course.

Comment

that's funny " a straight jacket.. " I am actually laughing now about it for the first time... I couldn't do the straight jacket cuz she is bigger and stronger than me... she would probably end up getting me buckled in and drag me to the bar and tie me to the bar stool so she would have someone to sit and drink with... ... a straight jacket too funny!

Comment

Happy birthday Rapala!

I have to ask where the screen name came from? I think of Rapala fishing stuff cuz of my hubby, LOL.

I agree with the boundaries. I have a friend who seems to drink to excess many nights. She said to me yesterday when I mentioned watching a movie Friday night that she never does that anymore, either she's busy with her kids or too drunk to watch one.
                    Marcie

Comment

When it came time to pick a name I was like... ok what do I pick.. Then I looked over at my husbands shelf (which is made of a wooden boat) I saw there was a Rattlin' Rapala sitting there... I though of all the times my husband and I would get drunk out on the boat while fishing and then laugh when the only thing we got was "bottle bass" ... so yes I just picked rapala for that... the bait is still sitting there... and my husband is at the cabin with "the guys week away"... probably not fishing.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                        RAPALA!!!

May all of your wishes and dreams come true for you!

:day5:

** Don't let your friend bring you down, hun. You deserve to get well. I have had 'friends' like that in the past and I ended up on a very destructive path **

Comment

Many happy returns rapala.
                          Can only say that if your pal is having a negative influence on you........perhaps it`s time to find a new pal. Certainly, introduce her to M.W.O., but if she`s really not interested, she won`t do the least bit of good to your attempts at moderating or abstaining.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

thanks everyone! since it is past 4pm (that would be drinking time and only a few more and she will forget she's mad..) and it's my birthday I am thinking she will be here any minute..for a birthday toast... I don't leave for dinner for 2 more hours.... so I am hanging out here.. I just made some hot tea and am repeating in my mind..... no thank you no thank you... you can do this deb. thanks again for your well wishes... I should be celebrating not panicking.. I think it is really going to piss her off.. but too bad.. I am glad I finally said something cuz I think this night will be a big test.. and having support is huge!

Comment

ps. db2fromala. you are lucky to have a daughter you are close to and she is lucky to have you ... one can only hope if they follow our actions in the past... they will also follow our actions in the future... I saw your mood said sick.. I hope you feel better soon.....!

Comment

Working...
                              X