HONESTY AND TRUTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HONESTY AND TRUTH

I have finally read the posts from last week. First I want to thank every one for their comments and honesty about how they feel. I did not come here to defend myself our look for sympathy. I needed help and I needed it now not later. I told the truth and was honest about what happened and my abusive behavior. I hit my wife with my head one time never before have I hit her and never again. I support my family they live in the house I bought 25 years ago I pay all the bills medical therapy clothes food gas electric everything not because I have to because I want to. My wife did not file the restraining order the courts did. I hit rock bottom and needed help. I have not been on this board with time to write because i am in AA or rehab six nights a week plus working more hours at work to make sure my family has every thing they need. I keep nothing for myself but gas money and food plus copay for my meetings. I keep coming back for the kind words not because i am narcissistic or some other psychological mind game i do not understand. In time I hope I can give help to those who want my advise. This is not a pity party I have something all the glory and money in the world can not buy. A loving family who is very supportive loves me and is looking forward to a life of sobriety and true happiness. If you have a drinking problem get help try AA its not that bad you can learn allot read the BIG book. My wife calls me every day to see how I am doing. If I want to talk to her I ask permission first she has never said no. I hope this clears the air. ECHOME

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Wecome Echome, we are here to heal, learn and share.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Echome,

What a lovely post. You made my night!!

I am so happy you are still working on staying sober, AA, MWO, counseling.

Stay on the boards and stay sober. You are doing brilliantly.

Tell your wife and children that there are hundreds of people out here who care and want things to be better for you and them.

You have lots on your plate, much work to do and we understand you cannot always sit and read MWO or post. However, you are doing the important things, dealing with your drinking, dealing with what you did to your wife, and trying to make things "right" so you and your family can be back together again.

YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN!!

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Thanks Echome, I'm glad to see you here.

I think that you are right, in time you will be a fantasitc asset to the MWO newbies who come here in the same situation that you now find yourself.

Keep up the great work.

you cannot and will not drink again!
        It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Hi Echome,

Sometimes when we are in a crisis we can only "take" and not "give" as much as we would like. I have been there! You came here for help and to be a better person, kudos to you! We have all F'd up, every one of us.

Take Care,

Myheart
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Echome - thank you for your post.... I think you are already giving much by your determination... To read such bold words is helping me... and to read how much you do for your family just by making sure their needs are met in the bill department isn't to be underestimated... I know there will be folk who say, "I jolly well hope so too..." but, belieive me, there are men out there who never have any intention of 'doing what it takes' to do that for their family... my ex was 'happy' to leave me to deal with the baliffs on a regular basis while he sat there and read the paper saying he was broke... (and drink simply wasn't any issue in our family back then. That was a sober attitude! ) I felt scum of the earth. I hope your wife can see that you care by your determination on that part too. It seems she does and I am happy for you all.

You have so many good qualities Echome, I am glad you are here sharing the hows and meanswherebys you are erasing your 'bad' ones like we all are here... I wish you luck and courage in your sober life.

Love
            FMF xx
            (PS I went out with another man like my ex afterwards...I have something to learn!)
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Hi ECHOME,
              Glad to see you have not been deterred from returning to the site.........I really think we all need it..........I have come to love it.

You obviously do care deeply for your family.........and I can see that you are providing for them and trying to do your very best. That is all we have at our disposal, ECHOME.........the opportunity to do our very best. I have faith in you that you will continue to do your very best to remain sober and continue to address your underlying anger with the appropriate professional help. I hope and pray that you can turn your life around.

YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

ECHOME so glad to see that you haven't disappeared from here .....

You certainly are making progress ......

YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN ....:l :l :l
                sigpicXXX

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Great post! Your determination shines through in every sentence. Glad you returned.
                  Love, Beachmusic

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Hi ECHOME, I admire your honesty and we seem to have so much in common. I lost the most wonderful woman in the world because of alcohol. Though I never physically abused her, months of verbal abuse (the worst you could imagine) finally took its tow. She called me a monster when I drank, and she was right. I hope you continue to own up and atone for your mistakes and hopefully your wife can see what a great man you are. Don't tell anyone but I actually cried when I read your first post and I say this as a man with an unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality. Hopes and prayers from me.

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

I will pray for your continued sobriety and peace for your family.
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

I ask you people....has anyone gotten more suport than this guy? You are making him a saint???
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

KateH1 I feel you are mad or upset with me. Iam sorry you feel this way. You PM me I said I would talk to you if you like but only in a constructive non threatening way.

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

If you ask for it you get it.

If you need more support, you too should ask. I have no doubt that you are hurting right now.

I do not discriminate against anyone if they are seeking help with their drinking problems. Fuck knows I've been there.
                            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Honestly...there are so many that deserve support here.....they are missed....why do you all support this guy?? And ignore the others?
                              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X