NEWBIES IN NEED ODAT SUNDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, welcome to Sunday's thread. Hope everyone is okay - must have been a busy day yesterday as thread was a bit light.

Okay, lets make today a "busy" one - if you're reading this, then you must post and say hi!!!

I just want to say to Garden Girl - I know she posted on "Need help ASAP" and messaged me - she is having a real tough time right now and needs our support more than ever.......please let us know how you are today...we are so concerned about you and want you to know we are your friends and are here for you Garden Girl......

Hope everyone has a good Sunday...I shall be enjoying my full nest while it lasts - day 14, 2 weeks since I last had a drink - I am tempting fate by saying this time it feels different...but it does so I will say it!! I have got to watch myself eating wise though - never ate so much chocolate as I'm doing and sweets.....

Anyway, off to do the ironing......will pop back on later.

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Morning....

I'm new - just put my first post on. Really pleased to have found this forum. Hope I can post some success stories like the ones I have been reading. Even just a few days AF will be a real result for me. I am always so determined not to drink when I wake up with a hangover but that determination just doesn't last. With support on here - and maybe the meds/supplements/cd - don't know which yet - I hope I can crack it. I don't want to be where I am with alcohol It stinks.

Comment

Hi Janice and Bessie - I am not a "newbie" in any sense of the word, but am following instruction to post and say Hi - hope everyone is well today, enjoy what's left of the weekend. Sunny morning here so let's hope everyone's mood is the same.
      Take care

Comment

Hi to Bessie & SummerWine!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting and Bessie, welcome to MWO!!

Janicexxx
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Good morning from Alabama all,

Janice, yes let's make today a busy one and an AF one. Yahooo!! Thank you for starting the thread again. Yesterday was a little too quiet.

Garden Girl. I am thinking of you, sweetie, and just know this will not be as bad as your little heart is feeling like it is going to be. You will be okay. I promise. Most importantly, you really need to figure out what to do to get past those blocks you hit. I know you can do it!! Take care and chin up!!

Bessie - Welcome to our boards. Lots of wonderful people here and great wisdom on how to overcome this addiction. Hopefully you have download the MWO book and read it. Good advice and helps with understanding. Also, the supplements truly do help you get well faster.

Summerwine - Thanks for checking in. Have a nice Sunday.

Less Desperate, Mary and all to come. One day at a time!! We can all do this and be grateful at the end of the day that we made it. Life is soooo much better sober.

Otherwise, I am still sick with the flu and have a banging headache this a.m., hopefully some cold meds with knock it back a bit.

Take care and be well my friends,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi everyone

Yes yesterday was extremely quite. It's funny how used you get to checking in and seeing all the same people and you wonder how they are when you dont read about them.

Garden girl we are all thinking of you. Join in and let us know what we can do to help.
            Welcome to Bessie and summerwine.

Hope you are soon feeling better Cindi. A new 30 Day thread is starting today, anyone joining? I have been taking it ODAT since my slip and not counting days but maybe a new 30 Day challenge will keep me motivated.

Enjoy the rest of Sunday

Rustop

Comment

Hi, I would like to join the ODAT "club". That's what I have been doing for the last few weeks. Started to check in at the new INN but decided I had better wait a little longer. It does look like a very attractive and inviting new INN. Hope to make the trip there soon.

Beachmusic

Comment

Good Morning All,

Today is day one again for me. I didn't do too well last week. Hopefully I can get in most, if not all, AF days this week. Hubby is out of town for 4 nights and I now see this as opportunity for AF nights instead of opportunity for big drinking nights. Thanks MWO!

I will beable to make sure we have an early dinner the for the next 4 evenings. My most difficult time of beating off the booze beast is between 5-7pm. Once I eat, the beast leaves me alone.

I hope everyone has a successful week.

tc

Comment

Hello everyone,
                  Have a wonderful Sunday. I plan to make mine AF. Will check back later.
                  Fby
                  xox
                  Fby

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
                  - Soren Kierkegaard

Comment

Hi to all, I am AF for 4 days and planning on a great dinner with the family this eve. I will not, will not, will not buy that bottle of wine. Weather perfect, everyone healthy and can not, will not, ask for more.

Comment

Hi Everyone! I am starting day one of my AF journey. I started my day with a prayer, cd, breakfast, supps and topa. I am ever so grateful to have found this place of love, understanding and acceptance. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
                      :new:

Comment

Redgal,

Go on day 1. You can do it!

If I can do it, anyone can, believe me...

Here I am with 13 days AF behind me and it is getting easier and easier.

When the "witching hours" hit, take deep breaths, smile and know you are going to kick the beast back.

Just look through getting through today. The first week is hardest and then it starts to get better.

Keep taking your supps, they do make it easier.

Go to chat or pm anyone you see online at the time if the craving gets bad.

Best to you,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks Cindi! I feel like a member of the team and everybody are cheerleaders!!!!
                          :new:

Comment

Hi RedGal-

Yesterday was my Day1 AF, and it was mostly okay (not fun or comfortable, but okay), with a couple of short freak-outs. This board got me through. And the supp's definitely helped. I'll be around most of the day, so if you get squirrely and want to talk to an old timer like myself (ha ha) - feel free to post or pm me. I'll keep an eye out -

YOU CAN DEFINITELY DO IT!!!

:h Beth

Comment

Hi Everyone:
                              GG: Please, please come here to the Newbie in Need ODAT thread. I know how it is when you're down. You don't want to post, but that's just when you really need to. Most of us have been where you are. I'm only day 9, but I feel stronger than I have in a long time. I slipped after a long AF run & really wanted to stay away, partly because I was ashamed & partly because I wanted an excuse to drink again. Thank goodness I didn't, because I feel stronger than ever.

Cindi: I hope you feel better. I got sick for the first time in years last winter. It's tough stuff when the Mom gets sick. 13 days is awesome...I'm right behind you. Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X